• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ENTP:ENFP dating (Bad idea)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Given that I'm ENTP, and it's commenting on my relationship with ENFPs, no, it's the individual's Fi. Not Ti/Fe.

Maybe you should make your own commentary rather than jumping off mine's?

I did make my own commentary. The problem very well could ALSO be the ENTPs Ti/Fe and they just don't want to own up to it because they prefer to feel superior and blame others.

It takes two. :)

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"What's the easiest way to find a couple of mean superficial ladies who give a shit about other persons feelings ?"

"Join the NF forums"

Oh, found a way to get that blow, eh, ent?

Qre:us

Or the individual's Ti/Fe. Surprise!

I did make my own commentary. The problem very well could ALSO be the ENTPs Ti/Fe and they just don't want to own up to it because they prefer to feel superior and blame others.

It takes two. :)

You're contradicting yourself.

Or doesn't suggest two. It still suggests one (the OTHER one).

Maybe you could try using the word, "and" if you really believe "it takes two"? Rather than doing the same thing you're accusing the other of - like not owning up and putting the blame on the other.

Proficiency in English, a good thing for communication and commentary.

:)

/superiority

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You're contradicting yourself.

Or doesn't suggest two. It still suggests one (the OTHER one).

Maybe you could try using the word, "and" if you really believe "it takes two"? Rather than doing the same thing you're accusing the other of - like not owning up and putting the blame on the other.

Proficiency in English, a good thing for communication and commentary.

:)

/superiority

I hope that was a joke, because it was pretty silly.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
It's the uncanny valley of relationships. We're soooooo close to one another, that the one difference seems monumental, maybe more than it actually is.

I find it all very funny. Contrast this thread with the "ENFPs, why are you so addicting?" thread where INTPs and ENFPs can't stop swooning and touching each other inappropriately, it's all just quite comedic.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
I find it all very funny. Contrast this thread with the "ENFPs, why are you so addicting?" thread where INTPs and ENFPs can't stop swooning and touching each other inappropriately, it's all just quite comedic.

Well yeah, because y'all are all a bunch of wimps who won't punch back when they start slapping you around with their Te. ;)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
That will prolly not be before the day on which you developed humor

It's settled, then, entropie...you must be ENTJ, because ENFPs love you and INFJs don't get your sense of humor.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
ok, dog.
what about ENTP and INFP?

woof it, mutt.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I know, but it's really freaky how significant that little E can be, apparently.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I know, but it's really freaky how significant that little E can be, apparently.

it's not that unbelievable...

actually it is!
and i don't, as you and everyone else shouldn't believe it.
[that is, referring to the prevalence of the E digit... guys it's the least important of all four, and in almost all cases should be ignored completely.]

ZiL

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
567?
I'm dating an ENFP still (just hit a year). The Ti/Fe and Fi/Te differences do tend to be where the arguments (well, we never actually argue per se) or the strange misunderstandings crop up.

When I get annoyed with him, it always relates to him suddenly getting caught up in a cause and acting like a convert (though I feel like he's done that less since he's been dating me), or talking to me in some weird fatherly tone which he does periodically. It's amazing watching him go from silly to directive. As long as he doesn't turn that tone on me, I'm fine with it. Our modes of logic are very different too. Sometimes he makes no sense to me and he looks at me like I'm from outer space haha.

He rarely expresses annoyance directly with me, but I figure he gets aggravated by my trying to blend in and please groups - particularly match the tones of social gatherings, and probably also when I talk like I'm a scientist that knows everything.

But we have too much fun together and are too curious about the world and about each other to take those things too seriously right now.

So like any other relationship...the problems fall into a certain pattern, and it all depends on how you both decide to react to them. I'm fortunate to be with someone who is very generous and understanding, who will admit it when he might be wrong, or hold his ground without being angry if he thinks he's right (at least with me. He can be a lot more forceful with certain people).

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
ok, dog.
what about ENTP and INFP?

woof it, mutt.

Less direct conflict, more passive aggressive pent-up emotion that goes with a bang. Or at least for me.