MBTI
    ENTP

I got on really well with my ENFP guys.... we could talk legs of donkeys

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I think it's kinda stewpid to assume that two types cannot work out in a relationship.

Even though INTJs are supposedly the ENFPs ideal match, I can think of a handful of them that I wouldn't want to touch me or any living thing I love with a ten foot pole.

I think the individual(s) and their pasts, and all that makes them them supercedes the importance of their MBTI types.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles
    Likes Alassea liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    567?
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I wonder if female/male has anything to do with it. As female ENTPs, we tend to be "softer" than the men - and male ENFPs tend to be just, well, less histrionic than the ladies (ESFP men on the other hand... *shudders*)

I do think this might be part of it. Both of us are a bit androgynous as is, and we were both already rather balanced in T/F before we started dating. I think our types have been toned down a bit by culture training...I know I act more soft when I don't know people because I don't want to turn people off, meanwhile he acts very masculine in groups of guys but is completely goofy and childlike with me. He's a very calm individual (unless he gets cut off on the road or gets into a conversation about Walmart).

Seriously, guys, as has been said, you can predict problem dynamics, but it depends so much on the individuals and how they react to the differences.
    ALL AROUND THE WORLD PEOPLE EATIN' GUMBO

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    I think it's kinda stewpid to assume that two types cannot work out in a relationship.

Even though INTJs are supposedly the ENFPs ideal match, I can think of a handful of them that I wouldn't want to touch me or any living thing I love with a ten foot pole.

I think the individual(s) and their pasts, and all that makes them them supercedes the importance of their MBTI types.
    correct! I prefer to think of such things as... suggestions or things to direct your attention towards, rather than look at them as hard and fast rules. You never know what you might end up missing out when being so rigid
    Call me Visa, please!
    visakanv.com
    visaisahero.tumblr.com

Just to check, though, do we have any happily committed ENFP/ENTPs here in a long term relationship?
    Call me Visa, please!
    visakanv.com
    visaisahero.tumblr.com

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

I know an ENTP and ENFP long term lesbian couple.
    4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

My thoughts on...
    Enneagram:
    Socionics:
    MBTI:

DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)

MBTI
    ENTP

I've had 3 serious ENFP girlfriends, one just recently.

All 3 started off with a lot of excitement, but wore on with time more so than relationships with other types, like gum that's lost its flavor. I also have to act like an ENTJ with an ENFP otherwise nothing gets done.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Fe and Fi can cause a lot of problems.
    From my experiences with ENTP/ENFP relationships.. the ENFP is more emotional and is more likely to believe that what he or she feels is fact.
    The ENFP tries to project his/her own feelings on to another person and that's how he/she makes judgments on what to do- while the ENTP is more likely to treat everyone equally and follow a logical/objective code on how to do so. Ironically, the ENTP could see the ENFP as selfish and not truly concerned about others.
    Fe has a person focus on how to make others happy and Fi has a person focus on how to make him/herself happy.

I know not all ENFP's are like this- but I'm thinking of one I know.

I guess a mature ENTP and mature ENFP should get along fine though- one who is comfortable enough with the auxiliary function to know how to deal with conflicts related to it.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    3/5?

I find that my ENFP partner gets tired of our ENTP girlfriend and needs her space away from her sometimes. Maybe it's too many similar traits and extraversion in one room (like testosterone). Unfortunately, this isn't longterm, so the "newness" hasn't worn off.

She doesn't do the same with me (INTJ). We never seem to get tired or bored of one another. But, we do take mutual breaks to ensure our personal needs are taken care of (for me: reading, meditating, writing), so perhaps this helps?

I just know that our ENTP can be a bit clingy/smothering, and needs lots of extra care, while we (INTJ/ENFP) just seem to naturally fit like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle. Interlocking, not overlapping.
    Last edited by verna; 02-24-2010 at 01:43 PM. Reason: mistyped/mispoke, clarification in first paragraph
    Smear my lips with vaseline 'cause I'm a vocal libertine. - Voltaire (musician)
    We're made of star stuff. [...] We are a way for the cosmos to know itself. - Carl Sagan

INTJ -- I: 67%, N: 88%, T: 100%, J: 67%
    Likes Alassea liked this post