Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Well the way that it's put just seems so cheesy, and it doesn't seem to be the right way. I can see where it's coming from but at the same time no...
    I think there's a certain level of stubborness that we Fi users can exhibit that can be ridiculous, yes. It's like the artist who refers to him or her self in third person because s/he thinks s/he's so "epic."

God this is a stupid thread (no offense)
    There are over 1 million different types of ENFPs on this planet, each with a different genetic code and personality. Each one of these ENFPs are differrent from one another.

To say you are incompatible with one person means you are incompatible with all the ENFPs is just over generalizations.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    To say you are incompatible with one person means you are incompatible with all the ENFPs is just over generalizations.
    Welcome to Typology Central Forum, pleased to meet you.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    God this is a stupid thread (no offense)
    There are over 1 million different types of ENFPs on this planet, each with a different genetic code and personality. Each one of these ENFPs are differrent from one another.

What type is GOD? Oh, yeah, ENTJ. No worries, mon. ENTJs and ENFPs are compatible.

Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    And a lot of the boy INTPs seem to like being mothered. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    You know, I get the whiff of what you're sayin', I do. I've felt that........
    I'll only speak for myself here. But, I'll speak honestly. As I've gotten older and more mature, I've realized that I just cannot fall into this. Basically, I have to be a man in every sense of the word.

But, as a younger INTP I think I would have given this vibe even more. For me, it was because I really could be pretty darn inept in some areas of life. Almost hopeless. And so it felt good to have *her* remind me that everything was OK. If I was at work and had a series of important meetings and really felt that I didn't do well or that my social skills hurt me in the meetings, then I came home feeling really down on myself - feeling very incompetent. Competence is HUGE for me. I have to know that I'm at least capable, but preferably "very good" at what I'm doing. And so, as little boy-ish as it seems, I might have come home looking for some sort of coddling to get rid of that really messed up, hopeless, "I'm an incompetent loser" feeling. The woman you care about can really help in that area.

But, with age and experience (hopefully), we grow up and learn to give our best and hold our heads high in every situation. And to be a man, not a boy.

There are two kinds of ENFPs I've met in my life:

those that are well-adjusted, mature, insightful, intellectual and refined with a twinkle in the eye and an adventurous/kinky side,

and those that are just bat-shit crazy.
    Call me Visa, please!
    visakanv.com
    visaisahero.tumblr.com
    Likes Alassea liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

When I was looking for a job and was concerned about where I'd end up, a wise friend said, it'll be one job in the end. You only need that one to work out and it will likely surprise you.

In relationships too, it's one that needs to work out in the end. Everything up to that point is up for examination from every angle possible, including type.

With types and relationships, friendships or romance, it really helps to know what the typical pitfalls are. We identify with a type for a reason and that does imply a common set of traits. ENFPs and ENTPs are not necessarily the anti-Christ for each other. I don't find that to be the case.
    I do, however, find some common pitfalls in this pairing:
    1. Immaturity in either type comes out in different ways, one fails to acknowledge the importance of objectivity while the other fails to acknowledge the importance of an internal value system as a guide. Both can be fickle and manupilative in different ways - one with histrionics or emotions more generally while and the other with a poor moral compass or emotional distance. The issue is immaturity but the pairing of two immature people could be disastrous when they belong to these types because they play off what each finds least attractive in the other.
    2. Emotional unavailability: Both could have problems with commitment. Also could manifest as emotional distance in the ENTP and a real reluctance to explore the emotional side and the worst insecurities in the ENFP emerging with constant prodding of the emotional side in the ENTP.
    3. Different commmunication styles: So much in relationships of all sort is said non-verbally and small misunderstandings could lead to bigger problems when either/both are not good or willing communicators. Avoiding confrontation doesn't seem to be limited to Fi or Fe.
    Eventually, we fall for people who meet certain needs. I don't see why ENTPs or ENFPs can absolutely not do that for each other (sorry about the double negatives). There's a lot that we share. I read here some time ago that a successful ENTP-ENFP pairing often refers to each other as best friends. That's pretty attractive.

I LOVE being challenged intellectually and surround myself with people who are willing to do that. Why wouldn't I want to do that in a relationship? Besides, there's real chemistry when Ne meets Ne - it's a beautiful thing in so many respects. As long as the person was willing to listen and had, as SS has mentioned before, a basic sense of humility which is a necessary virtue for me...many ENTP virtues are very attractive.

At the same time, from an ENFP's perspective, I don't want to be someone's project for improvement either - for greater or a certain type of ambition, a more rational approach to relationships (I compartmentalize well, thank you) or a decreased interest in scaling the emotional depths of a relationship. ENTP or not, this wouldn't bode well for me.

So, as there is only one relationship that has to work out to disprove this rule, I'm not willing to exclude the possibility of being surprised by this pairing as any other. In the long run, a foundation of mutual respect, openness and a willingness to work on a relationship seem to go much further than type based matches/mismatches.

^well put!

I think the ENTP/ENFP dynamic can certainly work, but it isn't inherently a spectacular or mind-blowing union (... um, with respect to intellectual/emotional/psychological needs, at least!)
    Call me Visa, please!
    visakanv.com
    visaisahero.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by ergophobe View Post
    When I was looking for a job and was concerned about where I'd end up, a wise friend said, it'll be one job in the end. You only need that one to work out and it will likely surprise you.

In relationships too, it's one that needs to work out in the end. Everything up to that point is up for examination from every angle possible, including type.

With types and relationships, friendships or romance, it really helps to know what the typical pitfalls are. We identify with a type for a reason and that does imply a common set of traits. ENFPs and ENTPs are not necessarily the anti-Christ for each other. I don't find that to be the case.
    I do, however, find some common pitfalls in this pairing:
    1. Immaturity in either type comes out in different ways, one fails to acknowledge the importance of objectivity while the other fails to acknowledge the importance of an internal value system as a guide. Both can be fickle and manupilative in different ways - one with histrionics or emotions more generally while and the other with a poor moral compass or emotional distance. The issue is immaturity but the pairing of two immature people could be disastrous when they belong to these types because they play off what each finds least attractive in the other.
    2. Emotional unavailability: Both could have problems with commitment. Also could manifest as emotional distance in the ENTP and a real reluctance to explore the emotional side and the worst insecurities in the ENFP emerging with constant prodding of the emotional side in the ENTP.
    3. Different commmunication styles: So much in relationships of all sort is said non-verbally and small misunderstandings could lead to bigger problems when either/both are not good or willing communicators. Avoiding confrontation doesn't seem to be limited to Fi or Fe.
    Eventually, we fall for people who meet certain needs. I don't see why ENTPs or ENFPs can absolutely not do that for each other (sorry about the double negatives). There's a lot that we share. I read here some time ago that a successful ENTP-ENFP pairing often refers to each other as best friends. That's pretty attractive.

I LOVE being challenged intellectually and surround myself with people who are willing to do that. Why wouldn't I want to do that in a relationship? Besides, there's real chemistry when Ne meets Ne - it's a beautiful thing in so many respects. As long as the person was willing to listen and had, as SS has mentioned before, a basic sense of humility which is a necessary virtue for me...many ENTP virtues are very attractive.

At the same time, from an ENFP's perspective, I don't want to be someone's project for improvement either - for greater or a certain type of ambition, a more rational approach to relationships (I compartmentalize well, thank you) or a decreased interest in scaling the emotional depths of a relationship. ENTP or not, this wouldn't bode well for me.

So, as there is only one relationship that has to work out to disprove this rule, I'm not willing to exclude the possibility of being surprised by this pairing as any other. In the long run, a foundation of mutual respect, openness and a willingness to work on a relationship seem to go much further than type based matches/mismatches.
    And, ^ this is why I can love some ENFPs. Well said.

The bolded, agreed. And, with the humility comes openness that the other is trying to understand, and you want to understand, as well. Thus, not to approach with wariness, because, that will skew the interacton, before it even had a chance.

Also, Trinity made a thread trying to explore the difference between ENFP and ENTP, that might shed some light on the likely places our differences might become conflict.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...enfp-entp.html

MBTI
    GONE

Happy Puppy, the image of ENFPs poking holes through ENTPs was :yim_rolling_on_the_ and I realized I really don't know any (confirmed) ENTPs irl or have enough rl experience with them because I couldn't relate or understand what you outlined in your OP. Sounds tragic!

Honestly, I don't even really want to ask more because I hate thinking anything I read on the forum will color my perception and even alter the way I interact with people irl. There's already friction on the board between some ENFPs and some ENTPs so when I actually do meet a person I think is ENTP irl I wouldn't want to act all strange thinking "Ohnoz! Abort!" even before a chance to really say helllo. I have no problem forming preconceived ideas and biases and red flags and applying them to people irl, but I like to base those preconceived notions on personal experience

But maybe 6 months from now I'll be cycling through your thread (and the others another member posted links to) going "hmmmm, uncanny!" Hopefully not, though!
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari