First 34567 Last

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Introverts just balance me out.

And, I'm not even that extroverted.

One thing I'm not down for is this, uber-extroverts.

:horor: +

:P
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by ZiL View Post
    I'm dating an ENFP still (just hit a year). The Ti/Fe and Fi/Te differences do tend to be where the arguments (well, we never actually argue per se) or the strange misunderstandings crop up.

When I get annoyed with him, it always relates to him suddenly getting caught up in a cause and acting like a convert (though I feel like he's done that less since he's been dating me), or talking to me in some weird fatherly tone which he does periodically. It's amazing watching him go from silly to directive. As long as he doesn't turn that tone on me, I'm fine with it. Our modes of logic are very different too. Sometimes he makes no sense to me and he looks at me like I'm from outer space haha.

He rarely expresses annoyance directly with me, but I figure he gets aggravated by my trying to blend in and please groups - particularly match the tones of social gatherings, and probably also when I talk like I'm a scientist that knows everything.

But we have too much fun together and are too curious about the world and about each other to take those things too seriously right now.

So like any other relationship...the problems fall into a certain pattern, and it all depends on how you both decide to react to them. I'm fortunate to be with someone who is very generous and understanding, who will admit it when he might be wrong, or hold his ground without being angry if he thinks he's right (at least with me. He can be a lot more forceful with certain people).

I wonder if female/male has anything to do with it. As female ENTPs, we tend to be "softer" than the men - and male ENFPs tend to be just, well, less histrionic than the ladies (ESFP men on the other hand... *shudders*)

I agree with OMT who said that INTPs are more likely to just accept whatever terms are in front of them.

And a lot of the boy INTPs seem to like being mothered. Just sayin'.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    Introverts just balance me out.

And, I'm not even that extroverted.

One thing I'm not down for is this, uber-extroverts.

:horor: +

Well, everyone wants an I. It's already been established.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    And a lot of the boy INTPs seem to like being mothered. Just sayin'.
    You know, I get the whiff of what you're sayin', I do. I've felt that........
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    Well, everyone wants an I. It's already been established.

True, true.

Think of all the great minds of human history.

Many, if not most of them have been introverts!

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

I am extremely close to some ENFPs and I run for the hills from some of them (the weird kooky ones who openly renounce logic altogether to take a dive in the crazy pond).

I think it works best when the ENFP's Fi isn't overbearing, and the ENTP's tertiary Fe is well developed. Alternatively, you could say it works best when the ENTP's Ti isn't overbearing, and the ENFP's Te is well developed... it varies according to the dynamics of the relationship.
    Call me Visa, please!
    visakanv.com
    visaisahero.tumblr.com

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Here's a question- why is Fi concerned with authenticity? Being authentic is just... dumb. And individualism is useless. I've never understood the connection between a function that defines specific cognitive patterns, and authenticity. I just see that as a bunch of NFPs who are in the heart triad, and they relate Fi to individualism. Thus it's an internet standard, since NPs ARE the standard here.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Here's a question- why is Fi concerned with authenticity? Being authentic is just... dumb. And individualism is useless. I've never understood the connection between a function that defines specific cognitive patterns, and authenticity. I just see that as a bunch of NFPs who are in the heart triad, and they relate Fi to individualism. Thus it's an internet standard, since NPs ARE the standard here.
    Often times it ends up being manifested as authenticity, but, when I use the term I'm not saying only Fi can bring about authenticity in a manifested behaviour.

The way I ascribe authenticity to the Fi function is that as a cognitive process, it aims to put whatever is the person's internal feelings at the heart of the matter. True to one's self, one's inner values. Thus, it's deeply personal, rising from within, and, as such unique from individual to individual. It's kinda only truly understood first-hand.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Here's a question- why is Fi concerned with authenticity? Being authentic is just... dumb.
    Being fake is better?

And individualism is useless.
    Nonsense. It's an American value.

I've never understood the connection between a function that defines specific cognitive patterns, and authenticity. I just see that as a bunch of NFPs who are in the heart triad, and they relate Fi to individualism. Thus it's an internet standard, since NPs ARE the standard here.

I've known an eSFP who very much relates Fi to authenticity, though he doesn't call it that ... he calls it being "real" and "true to self" and talks about how some people have no souls.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Being fake is better?

Nonsense. It's an American value.

I've known an eSFP who very much relates Fi to authenticity, though he doesn't call it that ... he calls it being "real" and "true to self" and talks about how some people have no souls.
    Well the way that it's put just seems so cheesy, and it doesn't seem to be the right way. I can see where it's coming from but at the same time no...
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)