First 45678 Last

Thread: Prove yourself

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyNoLimits View Post
    "The only difference between genius and insanity is success"

Why should the world take the NT intellectual as seriously as they take themselves? Use objective, real-world (sensor) benchmarks.
    Who the fuck said I take myself seriously?

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Who the fuck said I take myself seriously?
    Why the fuck are you offended if you dont?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

I don't see myself as a pedagogue, nor am I among the most intellectual people that I know. I know a decent amount about a few select subjects and that's really it.

In any event, I define success as being happy and feeling accomplished and contended with one's life. That's all there is to it. I don't understand the implication that NTs have no definition of success.

By the way, most of what you're saying about ignoring the real world applies more to NTPs than NTJs. Most NTJs (especially ENTJs) are much more concerned with finding some application for their skills and making money at it.

It's harder for NTPs, but you seem to equate "lofty theories" with the antithesis of "accurate knowledge", which I can't really agree with.

I think the hardest thing for NTPs is figuring out what they want to do with themselves and then sticking with it long enough to see the fruits of their endeavors. Being interested in "lofty theories" doesn't somehow drain an NT of all accurate knowledge. This part just sounds like the standard "grrr abstraction is DUMB!" nonsense that we hear from Ss all the time.

Maybe thinking about those lofty theories is part of what makes us happy? Why does thinking about abstract theory necessitate that we don't have any accurate knowledge?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Why the fuck are you offended if you dont?

Who said I'm offended? I might just curse a blue streak (which I do).

Speaking of taking himself so seriously:

A lot of you seem to be missing the point of this exercise, which is to emphasize the biggest hurdle in NT personal development--finding what value the real world and emotions has to offer you.

Because the NT temperament thinks abstractly without concrete or emotional checks and balances, it tends to self-inflict the very state of ignorance it initially sought to avoid. It is those with the deepest desire for truth who will bite into the hook of false knowledge the hardest (SW anyone?) Behind a wall of intellectuality, self-enabling thoughts are allowed to fester and the NT slips further away from the actual truth. As they lose their grasp, pride develops to protect the ego.

The end result is ironic, especially if the NT sees them self as a pedagogue, as others assume competence is the explanation for the intellectually haughtiness and develop misplaced trust in the false ego. They start to replace their accurate (albeit humble) knowledge for lofty theories (perhaps even mimicking them, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery after all) and the ignorance spreads. This also serves to bolster the NT confidence and usually sealing their fate.

I don't really care how you define success, but attempting to do so in a concrete manner is the first step towards overcoming the vicious cycle of intellectual masturbation and the ignorance it induces. By becoming more receptive to their concrete and emotional nature, the NT becomes a more balanced individual overall, ultimately fueling a greater degree of success through their preferred means.
    We should just give up and bask in your greatness, o wise one.

Because the NT temperament thinks abstractly without concrete or emotional checks and balances, it tends to self-inflict the very state of ignorance it initially sought to avoid. It is those with the deepest desire for truth who will bite into the hook of false knowledge the hardest (SW anyone?)
    I see you have a hard on for SW.
    Go screw with him, and stop assuming the rest of us would write a 40-page essay on the importance of lint.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

A lot of you seem to be missing the point of this exercise, which is to emphasize the biggest hurdle in NT personal development--finding what value the real world and emotions has to offer you.
    Why do you assume that the NT misses concrete detail?

If this is a preferential critique, I think it appropriate to remind you that tendency and ability, when scaled with the MBTI as a backdrop, are utterly unrelated terms.

Because the NT temperament thinks abstractly without concrete or emotional checks and balances, it tends to self-inflict the very state of ignorance it initially sought to avoid. It is those with the deepest desire for truth who will bite into the hook of false knowledge the hardest (SW anyone?) Behind a wall of intellectuality, self-enabling thoughts are allowed to fester and the NT slips further away from the actual truth. As they lose their grasp, pride develops to protect the ego.

The end result is ironic, especially if the NT sees them self as a pedagogue, as others assume competence is the explanation for the intellectually haughtiness and develop misplaced trust in the false ego. They start to replace their accurate (albeit humble) knowledge for lofty theories (perhaps even mimicking them, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery after all) and the ignorance spreads. This also serves to bolster the NT confidence and usually sealing their fate.

I don't really care how you define success, but attempting to do so in a concrete manner is the first step towards overcoming the vicious cycle of intellectual masturbation and the ignorance it induces. By becoming more receptive to their concrete and emotional nature, the NT becomes a more balanced individual overall, ultimately fueling a greater degree of success through their preferred means.
    Given the detail of your charge, your projection is either specific to someone you know in person, or it's just an example of unqualified personal exposition. In either case, I don't think it makes much sense to generalize a blanket ideology onto people you've never even met. You're abstracting in a situation that doesn't call for it.

You're guilty of the very thing you seek to educate out of us.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I see you have a hard on for SW.
    Go screw with him, and stop assuming the rest of us would write a 40-page essay on the importance of lint.
    Maybe he's talking about solitarywalker. I could see someone making that argument about either of us.

btw, lint is pretty damn important. You don't even know.

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Given the detail of your charge, your projection is either specific to someone you know in person, or it's just an example of unqualified personal exposition. In either case, I don't think it makes much sense to generalize a blanket ideology onto people you've never even met. You're abstracting in a situation that doesn't call for it.

You're guilty of the very thing you seek to educate out of us.
    No dude, you're missing the point, and that's that NTs are dumb. Quit using this retarded "abstract terminology" and go back to having no definition of success or any accurate knowledge about anything like all NTs.

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Maybe he's talking about solitarywalker.
    I never thought otherwise.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I never thought otherwise.
    Oh, I figured since it was negative and could potentially be about me, you'd probably interpret it that way if at all possible.

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Oh, I figured since it was negative and could potentially be about me, you'd probably interpret it that way if at all possible.

I knew he wasn't talking about you, since you are not a pretentious windbag.