User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In defense of INTPs.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    I think this is a good post. We may be roughly 1% of the population (who really knows what the actual number is anyways, and who really cares), but we have our place in the world. We bring something unique to the table. We do have the possibility of making a great discovery here and there, we do think about things that many other people do not and let our minds go to places that many do not, etc.

We are seen as "wierd" because we are not like the masses. Just about everything we do, most of our natural personality traits (Ti, Ne, wanting peace and quiet so we can think deeply, pondering, etc, etc, etc.) go against the grain of what most people in this world are like.

It is what it is. We are who we are. We should always strive to be the best individuals we can and to contribute in this life. Not just think about "self". Consider others. Have an impact. Do something good. We should strive to be "whole" and as well-rounded as possible, rather than buying into the idea that "I'm an INTP, so it's OK to never go outside and it's OK to buy into the fact that I'm destined to be a schizo." I don't buy into that line of thinking one bit. We all have things we are working on and trying to improve, but we can live long, vibrant, and healthy lives with friends and community (maybe a little less community than most ).

But, yeah, if we look at ourselves through the lens of most SJ's or even SP's, I can see how we are seen as pretty strange. And we think they are strange. There just happens to be much more of them than us so, naturally, if you have 20 SJ's staring at 1 INTP and commenting on how strange he is, you're going to feel out of place.
    I couldn't agree more. I think the thread sounded a bit "out of place" and I didn't complete my arguments because I was very sleepy when I started it.

Permabanned Array
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by braziljoe View Post
    In various posts, I've seen an association of intps with some (pathological) behaviors/personalities... "intps consider themselves more intelligent"
    That's just simply true.

Nips away your dignity Array Fluffywolf's Avatar
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    That's just simply true.
    It requires a certain level of intelligence to realize that though.

Junior Member Array

In general, people around me admire my INTP-ness rather than resent it.