User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Lux View Post
    Maybe is he just insanely busy and keeps putting you off but is meaning to get back to you later, but things keep coming up. And now, it may seem a bit too late. Or he has realized that he really doesn't have the time for a relationship.
    At times work trumps people.

Good luck.
    Thanks Lux. I have considered this possibility. I guess it just bothers me because now I want to do something to make things go back to the way they were, but I don't know what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by aviva View Post
    Thanks Lux. I have considered this possibility. I guess it just bothers me because now I want to do something to make things go back to the way they were, but I don't know what to do.
    You can never make things go back to the way were. You can only try for a good relationship in the future. I wish I had better advice for you.
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

You might want to step back at this point, contacting him at this point might just annoy him.

Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    You might want to step back at this point, contacting him at this point might just annoy him.
    That's what I've been doing for the last month. I don't think I've contacted him in any excessive way whether he was responsive or not, even towards the end...

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Well, it does sound a bit strange. If I was really interested in somebody, I wouldn't do that. From how you describe his behavior, it looks like he was definitely into you. So it's hard to make sense of the situation. Perhaps he's still busy, yeah, but he must find a little time to write an e-mail, so that's not an excuse.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Well, it does sound a bit strange. If I was really interested in somebody, I wouldn't do that. From how you describe his behavior, it looks like he was definitely into you. So it's hard to make sense of the situation. Perhaps he's still busy, yeah, but he must find a little time to write an e-mail, so that's not an excuse.
    I have read in other places (and Lux also pointed this out) that ENTJs tend to get so caught up in work that they just forget other stuff -- yes, romantic situations included. Could he have rationalized that it's too late?

Also, he could have ignored my long email, but he told me he'd respond to it. If he wanted to cut things off, why bother promise me that he'd reply to that long email (and then not do it)?

Anyone have advice for how to approach this situation?

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

It's not like an ENTJ to make a promise and then don't come true to it in order to avoid it.

I think his focus is just out of whack. I'd take him up for a coffee, no questions asked, and seek conversation and get some answers from him.

If he wants to be with you, or keep a place open for you, he has to make the time and put in the effort to do so. Otherwise it isn't fair to you.

If he can't bring that up, he should rightly end his ties with you and make it clear to you, so you too know what you are up against.

It is lame and cowardish to keep you in the dark like that.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    It's not like an ENTJ to make a promise and then don't come true to it in order to avoid it.

I think his focus is just out of whack. I'd take him up for a coffee, no questions asked, and seek conversation and get some answers from him.

If he wants to be with you, or keep a place open for you, he has to make the time and put in the effort to do so. Otherwise it isn't fair to you.

If he can't bring that up, he should rightly end his ties with you and make it clear to you, so you too know what you are up against.

It is lame and cowardish to keep you in the dark like that.
    We live kinda far from each other so it may be weird to "just have coffee".

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by aviva View Post
    We live kinda far from each other so it may be weird to "just have coffee".
    Either way, you deserve a straight up answer, don't you think? So you should try and get one.

Those are my two cents, anyways.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf