User Tag List

First 123 Last

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    Yeah. And the snake was ENTP. And God an ESFJ.
    No. God could not have created the other 15 types if they where in existence. That does not add up. Even if the typing is accurate, they are probably metaphores. The God and the snake.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
    No. God could not have created the other 15 types if they where in existence. That does not add up. Even if the typing is accurate, they are probably metaphores. The God and the snake.
    No, I was being deadly serious. the snake was literally an ENTP and God was literally an ESFJ, and all of this literally happened, and if you disagree you go to hell.

And God can do anything. He apparently created man in his image didn't he, so how could he not have an MBTI type if man did have one?

Or was (he's dead now) He all 16 types?

And maybe Lucifer is just God's shadow functions? This is fun!
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by The Unknown Essence View Post
    The INTP profile at INTP.org says the following:

This got me thinking about God. Trying to grasp His nature (whether you believe He exists, as I do, or whether you don't) is an inexhaustible avenue of abstract analysis for INTPs which fits the criteria mentioned in the above quote perfectly. There is a prevailing assumption that most INTPs are atheists or agnostics, but the concept of God does fit in with the INTP's desire to discover the "big picture" in his or her search for ultimate truth.

Could classical theologians like Anselm and Aquinas, who spent their lives pondering the nature of The Supreme Being, have been INTPs?
    Spinoza and Descartes were INTPs who spent a lot of time writing about why a god must exist but spinoza however also wrote against organised religion. Spinoza's god was essentially what we consider nature. Aquinas might have been INTP his ideas on god are similar to Aristotle(unmoved mover in physics), for aquinas physical things do not create themselves so the universe must have been created...... doubt anselm was intp

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    I think this is the ultimate question for every self-reflective individual out there, regardless of type. I see how you can think of it as Ti-bound, but I never thought of this as an exclusively INTP matter.
    I don't think it's exclusively INTP or Ti either, although one can perhaps define a typical Ti-style approach.

I can say for me that "God" is an itch I cannot seem to scratch enough to satisfy. To me, I can't avoid thinking about it because it is relevant to the fabric of truth in the universe... but there are just ambiguities there into which no light seems able to shine... so the itch continues no matter how I try to scratch it. My mind keeps wanting to "figure it out" but can't, and yet I keep trying.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

God was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

figuring out god and afterlife wasnt all that hard, it only becomes impossible if you believe in god.

psychology is way better subject of analysis
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    intp

I find complex systems to be interesting. Economies, governments, things like that. I'm not particularly interested in chasing questions without answers.

MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so

I am INTP and I do not believe in God, not in the Christian sense. I have been very keen on exploring spirituality since I was little, basically just in the sense of who we are and our connection to everything. I do tend to put more weight in science, but I have a distinct spiritual bent as well.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    No, I was being deadly serious. the snake was literally an ENTP and God was literally an ESFJ, and all of this literally happened, and if you disagree you go to hell.

And God can do anything. He apparently created man in his image didn't he, so how could he not have an MBTI type if man did have one?

Or was (he's dead now) He all 16 types?

And maybe Lucifer is just God's shadow functions? This is fun!
    we're both the same type as the devil! :3 wonder if he's a 5 too... he'd have to be extremely sociopathic but still XD
    Enneagram: Type 5, Dual Wing, SX/SP Instinct, Tritype 5-3w2-9w8
    MBTI: INTP

Like a Baws

Introverted (I) 57.14% Extroverted (E) 42.86%
    Intuitive (N) 63.16% Sensing (S) 36.84%
    Thinking (T) 70.37% Feeling (F) 29.63%
    Perceiving (P) 56.61% Judging (J) 43.39%

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by The Unknown Essence View Post
    The INTP profile at INTP.org says the following:

This got me thinking about God. Trying to grasp His nature (whether you believe He exists, as I do, or whether you don't) is an inexhaustible avenue of abstract analysis for INTPs which fits the criteria mentioned in the above quote perfectly. There is a prevailing assumption that most INTPs are atheists or agnostics, but the concept of God does fit in with the INTP's desire to discover the "big picture" in his or her search for ultimate truth.

Could classical theologians like Anselm and Aquinas, who spent their lives pondering the nature of The Supreme Being, have been INTPs?

I'm ENTP and I speculate more on this than anyone I know... but perhaps I'm the only one that vocalizes it.