• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT Population Questionnaire

SUPER

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP
1. How old are you? (To identify how long you've had to meet people)

I'm in my early-mid 20's

2. How many people have you identified as NT irl?

Ive only known between 5 to 8 definite NTs. Was friends with a few, while the others were acquaintances/professor/co-workers. Then there's a few people I suspect were NT's, but never talked to them enough to make an accurate assessment and say they were definitely NT.

3. Some 'experts' estimate NTs are roughly 5-10% of the population. Would you say this is an accurate number?

IMO it's far less than that. That would mean out of 100 people, 5-10 would be NT. Perhaps I hang out in the wrong places, but I think I wouldve met more than 5-8 in my entire life if their were that many of em.

theadoor

*hmmms*
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
8w9
1. almost 18
2. not many since I haven't been familiar with MBTI for a long time. Maybe like 5 or so.
3. IDK

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
1. 21

2. Probably like 30 since I started with MBTI

3. I could see 5-10 %... it depends on your environment. I'm in one where all the NTs congregate. Also, my people are very good at surrounding themselves with other extraverted thinkers, which usually translates into INTJs. Lots and LOTS of INTJs.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Sorry, that's too long a period to recall/count everyone.
...but not that many. "Rare" is a good way to sum it up.

I did meet them either in college or at work.

3. Some 'experts' estimate NTs are roughly 5-10% of the population. Would you say this is an accurate number?

I don't know. As others have said, it's environment-sensitive.

For example, in my development department at work (software), out of 20 people, I can think of 3 right off.

But at the church I used to attend (300-400 people), I can only think of 1... maybe 2.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
1. How old are you?

2-3. I'm sure I know many more NTs, but I have only definitively typed a couple.

This seems about right when looking at the population as a whole, though in different contexts and places, this number seems to drastically change.

redsox44344

MBTI Type
ENTP
1. 16

2. I've actually met quite a few, actually. Of course I do go to a school with 800 people in my grade. But out of them I know about 5-6 maybe. It's very interesting when they occasionally get us all into a class together.

3. In my case of study, no, it seems that I do not know 5% of the population as NT's, but many can be typically tricky to type. That 5-6 people that I know in my grade are all within a population of maybe 60-100 students who are taking the same classes as me, or have before, so it seems like its possibly correct.

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP
1.) 20

2.)
4346007809_9e45df4bbc_o.jpg

3.) I'd say it's more around 12%-18%

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1. Almost 16
2. 4 or 5 def NTs
3. Far less. I only find that there are 3 in my school right now, that I know of. Maybe like, 1/2% or .25% (yes, I switched from fractions to decimals!)

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

25. And I really hate it when I have to meet people.

Definitely one close friend so far plus probably two others (ENTJ, INTP, ENTP), but these are the only IRL persons I'm fairly certain about.

Don't know. 5-10% is a wide margin. It can well imagine that it's possible, but then pure guessing doesn't amount to much anyway.

thescientist

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4

Wow...that would be hard to estimate...I started MBTI recently...no idea..these are the ones that come to mind:
INTJ - 2
INTP - 2
ENTJ - 1
ENTP - 2?

That sounds about right to me. We've got about 130 employees at work and I can easily pinpoint at least 5 NT's. My boss is ENTJ. She "GETS" me when I talk to her. It's pretty kewl.

brilliantwomble

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
1. I'm in my early 20s.

2. I'm counting about 8 people, but mind you I am an introvert that doesn't usually try and get to know that many people. However, I found that those I recognize as NT usually stick out (especially the NTJs).

3. I would say it is probably correct. I have no reason to believe otherwise. I definitely don't think it is that common, but they are out there.

StrawMan

MBTI Type
ENTP
1. I'm in my early 30's.

2. I've known more NTs that I can quickly count. Tens of them. Most people I've met after going to uni have business, law or technical degrees, and these are quite NT heavy fields in my opinion. It can be hard to know though who is for example ST and who is NT if you don't know the person well.

3. 5-10 % sounds like a good estimate. Amongst the people I see the most it's way over 10 %.

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Twenty.

I had met very few NTs in my life until I started studying philosophy. Two or three I can think of right now who were not philosophers.

Now however, there are two of my course mates who are definite NTs, and probably a load more who I've yet to identify as definitely NT. Sensors are massively outnumbered on my course.

Yeah, I think that is a good estimate.

IMO it's far less than that. That would mean out of 100 people, 5-10 would be NT. Perhaps I hang out in the wrong places, but I think I wouldve met more than 5-8 in my entire life if their were that many of em.
They're all hiding online. When you go outside, it's a world of Sensing! When I go to a club, I'm surrounded by Sensors. My ENTJ friend and I used to go to clubs primarily to people-watch because we found them all hilarious.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

at least 20 or so

I know a lot of people ;) I do think there's more NTs out there than a lot of NTs here would like to think though- I don't think we're as special as we make ourselves out to be :tongue:

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
1. How old are you?
I'm 38.

Over the years? I have to qualify this with two points -- one, there are very few people whom I've known well enough, over a long period of time, to think I could be even reasonably certain of their type. I'm not of the opinion that it's the sort of thing we can often accurately say about someone else based on only what we see from the outside. Second, this has a lot more to do with the environments that we're born into or have chosen to think that it's anything near representative. I've spent a lot of time working in labs and in IT - so I've met plenty of people I'd guess are NT's.

I'd say that's low. I'd say 15% is more likely -- but like I said, nobody's personal experience, including mine, is likely to be truly representative anyway.

Nescio

MBTI Type
ENTP
1. 17
2. 7 (including myself)
3. I wouldn't know... I don't know the type of every person I come into contact with.

JohnRWillis

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm just sort of searching through the forum, thought I'd bump an old thread.

I'm 19
I've not tried to identify anyone as any type
I'm in Engineering School, so probably the majority of the people I meet are NTs, so I probably have a false sense of what percentage are any particular type. 5-10% sounds reasonable to me.

lets eat pie

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w6
Nearly 21

I haven't tested them but they sure feel NT to me. Off the top of my head I count: 1 INTJ, 2 INTPs (maybe 3 but I'm not too sure about one,) 2 ENTPs. Haven't met any ENTJs so far...where are you?! :cry:

I don't know. Maybe if I got off my ass, opened my trap and socialize I'd come across more?

However, I found that those I recognize as NT usually stick out (especially the NTJs).

I find this to be true for me also (N's in general, actually.)