First 12

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

1. I'm in my early 20s.

2. I'm counting about 8 people, but mind you I am an introvert that doesn't usually try and get to know that many people. However, I found that those I recognize as NT usually stick out (especially the NTJs).

3. I would say it is probably correct. I have no reason to believe otherwise. I definitely don't think it is that common, but they are out there.
    >kill dragon
    What? With your bare hands?
    >yes

My life is a collection of defense mechanisms gone wrong.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

1. I'm in my early 30's.

2. I've known more NTs that I can quickly count. Tens of them. Most people I've met after going to uni have business, law or technical degrees, and these are quite NT heavy fields in my opinion. It can be hard to know though who is for example ST and who is NT if you don't know the person well.

3. 5-10 % sounds like a good estimate. Amongst the people I see the most it's way over 10 %.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by SUPER View Post
    1. How old are you? (To identify how long you've had to meet people)
    Twenty.

2. How many people have you identified as NT irl?
    I had met very few NTs in my life until I started studying philosophy. Two or three I can think of right now who were not philosophers.

Now however, there are two of my course mates who are definite NTs, and probably a load more who I've yet to identify as definitely NT. Sensors are massively outnumbered on my course.

3. Some 'experts' estimate NTs are roughly 5-10% of the population. Would you say this is an accurate number?

Yeah, I think that is a good estimate.

IMO it's far less than that. That would mean out of 100 people, 5-10 would be NT. Perhaps I hang out in the wrong places, but I think I wouldve met more than 5-8 in my entire life if their were that many of em.
    They're all hiding online. When you go outside, it's a world of Sensing! When I go to a club, I'm surrounded by Sensors. My ENTJ friend and I used to go to clubs primarily to people-watch because we found them all hilarious.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

at least 20 or so

I know a lot of people I do think there's more NTs out there than a lot of NTs here would like to think though- I don't think we're as special as we make ourselves out to be
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INtP

1. How old are you?
    I'm 38.

Over the years? I have to qualify this with two points -- one, there are very few people whom I've known well enough, over a long period of time, to think I could be even reasonably certain of their type. I'm not of the opinion that it's the sort of thing we can often accurately say about someone else based on only what we see from the outside. Second, this has a lot more to do with the environments that we're born into or have chosen to think that it's anything near representative. I've spent a lot of time working in labs and in IT - so I've met plenty of people I'd guess are NT's.

3. Some 'experts' estimate NTs are roughly 5-10% of the population. Would you say this is an accurate number?
    I'd say that's low. I'd say 15% is more likely -- but like I said, nobody's personal experience, including mine, is likely to be truly representative anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP

1. 17
    2. 7 (including myself)
    3. I wouldn't know... I don't know the type of every person I come into contact with.

MBTI
    ENTP

I'm just sort of searching through the forum, thought I'd bump an old thread.

I'm 19
    I've not tried to identify anyone as any type
    I'm in Engineering School, so probably the majority of the people I meet are NTs, so I probably have a false sense of what percentage are any particular type. 5-10% sounds reasonable to me.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w6

1. How old are you? (To identify how long you've had to meet people)
    Nearly 21

I haven't tested them but they sure feel NT to me. Off the top of my head I count: 1 INTJ, 2 INTPs (maybe 3 but I'm not too sure about one,) 2 ENTPs. Haven't met any ENTJs so far...where are you?!

I don't know. Maybe if I got off my ass, opened my trap and socialize I'd come across more?

Quote Originally Posted by brilliantwomble View Post
    However, I found that those I recognize as NT usually stick out (especially the NTJs).
    I find this to be true for me also (N's in general, actually.)