User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

I think by rationalizing your intuition - you are ignoring it.
    If it was your intuition and not fear, then I say entertain him not.
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Oddly Refined View Post
    I never understood why people wanted to be fawned over. It seems rather odd to me.
    I'm not into the fawning thing myself, but it is prety normal behaviour, guys want to impress, feel they ahve done the hunter gather thing... fawing appears to be part of that

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
    I think by rationalizing your intuition - you are ignoring it.
    If it was your intuition and not fear, then I say entertain him not.
    Yea I'm very consious of that.... I think I need to give him a couple of dates and see if my N relaxes with him or not... and then be really strong about showing him the door and not getting sulked in

ThatGirl

Despite popular belief, INTJs aren't actually retarded. I say if anyone displays these characteristics, run for the hills.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Despite popular belief, INTJs aren't actually retarded. I say if anyone displays these characteristics, run for the hills.
    I wasn't implying INTJ's are retarded, simply they are more emotionally reserved than almost everyone else is all.

But I do here your vote for the hills. If I survive two more dates and he is less of a basket case I will stop if not - hills here I come

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    I'm not into the fawning thing myself, but it is prety normal behaviour, guys want to impress, feel they ahve done the hunter gather thing... fawing appears to be part of that
    Acknowledged.
    Doorknob: Read the directions and directly you will be directed in the right direction.
    -Alice in Wonderland

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm not understanding why you would be suspicious of this person having NPD if he's just being emotionally reserved. To the contrary, seems to me in my experience that people with NPD preen for attention, get demanding, and emotionally overreact to real or imagined criticism of any kind.

I'm with Fluffy Wolf - he might just be nervous and introverted and trying to keep his cool. How many times have you gone out with him?

MBTI
    ENTP

yea he may just be nervous or not have met someone who floats his boat or inspired love/intimate feelings etc, so it's not JUST nevers.. its how unintimate he is that may be the issue....

I need to chill and see if its just life causing him stress and him reacting or he really is just too intellectual and not human enough

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    yea he may just be nervous or not have met someone who floats his boat or inspired love/intimate feelings etc, so it's not JUST nevers.. its how unintimate he is that may be the issue....

I need to chill and see if its just life causing him stress and him reacting or he really is just too intellectual and not human enough
    One of my sisters has a fiance who has a touch of aspberger's syndrome. Not in a severe, overtly noticeable way - but yeah he was a virgin until he was 27 and we know the aspberger's is a fact because he passed it to their daughter. He actually takes really good care of my sister though. I think he would do anything for her, to a point of ridiculousness sometimes. But he seems really distant and isn't especially Fe. He's extremely socially awkward. He has to be prodded into doing stuff that most people would know to do to be helpful, like helping my mom to unload stuff out of the trunk of her car, etc. He isn't mean or hurtful in any way, though.

Not to be rude, but is there a possibility this guy is an aspie?

MBTI
    ENTP

crossed my mind because he wasn't seeking supply thats i could see so def possibility. I guess need to wait and see how t goes... may not get anywhere are all. I'm consious that my suspicions may cause issues themsevles so I need to get a grip on me