• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] What do you dislike about NTs?

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
My NTPs loved that. Being dominated and verbally kicked around a little from time to time. Nothing too rough. All in good fun. No NTPs were harmed in the making of this post.

sounds fun.:D

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Is it something to be proud of?

people thought he was retarded. We worked at a landscaping company in the summer. People suspected he would mow Swastikas in the grass and then try to cover it up by mowing the lawns in random zig-zagged-circled-clusterfucks.

That's actually kind of funny. Maybe he did it because he was bored and hated his job.

It's like "dude, you just mow the lawn up and down. That's all there is to it". I understand non-conformity, but this INTJ kid had shit for brains. There was one time when the other kids all started throwing garbage at him while we were on a bus. I actually felt a bit bad for him, but it looked too fun to not join in.

Are you sure you aren't ESTP?

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
That's actually kind of funny. Maybe he did it because he was bored and hated his job.

Are you sure you aren't ESTP?

IMO it doesn't really do IXTX's any favours to encourage behaviour which isolates them from others and withdraws them ever more into their own fantasy worlds. I say this as a definite INT with historical tendencies to being a loner and a narcissist if I am not careful.

SUPER

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP
How can you be sure that he is an INTJ ? (just curious)

I know another NT when I talk to them.

He wasn't smooth enough to be a P of any kind. Too weak to be an ENTJ. I know a few ENTJs and how they are.

I could go on, but I'll just leave it at that unless you request more and I feel like typing.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My INTJ bff wore traditional Highland dress to prom. He's Austrian. :D

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Positive.

Why do you ask

You strike me as an Se dom with your threads about booty calls, garbage throwing, and the statement "I understand non-conformity...[but basically do your job]" The fact that you don't relate to the boredom of manual labor and why someone would do weird shit to get through it...I'm Ne dom and I can relate to that...especially when I was very young, as you seem to be.

You also don't strike me as being particularly intellectual or articulate.

sculpting

The enshrined hypothesis of being The Unknowable, I've encountered this with many NTs, and have simply sidestepped it or let it ride, figuring whatever I've gleaned from their behavior, body language and other data will either steer me in the right direction or they'll actually break down and TELL me something they want me to know. Otherwise, I just wait and accumulate. They hate to believe they're telegraphing ANYTHING to the outside world, an illusion of supreme control. Sure, they make fantastic poker players. But they're not air-tight, no matter how much they'd like to believe it.

You know, when I first came here I never did that Fi thing-you know-the "I know what you are thinking/feeling" thing as I didnt want to talk about my emo either. I never, ever did this IRL. Now as I get more comfy with Fi myself, I have had to stop myself from popping out with "are you okay, you look upset?" to the ENTPs. It's hard though.

BECAUSE YOU GUYS GET FUCKING TWEAKY. I am not even sure what that means-tweaky-like that little caffineated kid on southpark. Just all jittery and weird and a bit neurotic. It's really very obvious. You look funny and are acting funny. In the past, I would just ignore. I still try very hard to ignore, given my year at typeC has emphasized that I should say nothing.

But guys. I love you with all the damned insane Fi rainbows in my brain and your are a fun blast and all.

BUT YOU LOOK TWEAKY. (Step away from the tweaky ENTP).

(PS. I :wubbie: INTJs)

Positive.

Why do you ask

For god's sake put on some damn pants already. We all know you got lipo'ed

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
IMO it doesn't really do IXTX's any favours to encourage behaviour which isolates them from others and withdraws them ever more into their own fantasy worlds. I say this as a definite INT with historical tendencies to being a loner and a narcissist if I am not careful.

I actually find, in my personal case, a negative relation between being a loner and narcissism.

SUPER

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP
You strike me as an Se dom with your threads about booty calls, garbage throwing, and the statement "I understand non-conformity...[but basically do your job]"

I dont see how any of that is Se. We had a huge Gatorade jug of water since it was so hot outside... one of our favorite things to do was pouring it on our ESTP lead hand right before it was time to go home. Does that mean I'm Se-dom? Absolutely not. Guess who usually was right beside me as my partner in crime? An ENTJ 8w7. We loved fucking with people, mainly our superiors. I'd also ask estp leadhand to leave the truck while he smoked, and when he did..I'd get in the drivers seat and drive away leaving him in the middle of no where. heh. He'd mess with us too. That whole job we'd play jokes on each other, mostly summer students(us) against the full timers.

And non-conformity..I understand it, because that's how I am. But don't be a complete retard and screw up someones lawn when they're paying you to cut it. It wasnt the INTJ purposely rebelling against the job, It was his complete lack of awareness of what to do and how to act on the job. Something Ne's have no issue with.

"Using their intuition to process this information, they are usually extremely quick and accurate in their ability to size up a situation. With the exception of their ENFP cousin, the ENTP has a deeper understanding of their environment than any of the other types."

The fact that you don't relate to the boredom of manual labor and why someone would do weird shit to get through it...
This is your intuition making assumptions and being wrong. I never said I didnt find the job boring. Oh, I did. I fucked around alot. But we would work for about 1 hour, and then have 7 hours to screw around while getting paid. I'd atleast do my job properly and use the other 7 hours of down time to screw with people.

You also don't strike me as being particularly intellectual or articulate.
So you're saying that all NTs are articulate and no SPs are. This is your own issue in misunderstanding the temperaments, not mine.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I actually find, in my personal case, a negative relation between being a loner and narcissism.

hmmm.

I don't know about your case.

a lot of INTX's retreat into narcissism the worse they are faring socially, as you can see on forums. not the vain kind of narcissism that looks to be considered attarctive, funny popular (the least harmful kind I read in some source the value of which I don't know), but the kind of cerebral narcissism that explains their rejection by the fact that they are "superior" and retreats into all kinds of elitist and misanthropic notions, sometimes along with fantasies of power and/or recognition of their superiority.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I dont see how any of that is Se. We had a huge Gatorade jug of water since it was so hot outside... one of our favorite things to do was pouring it on our ESTP lead hand right before it was time to go home. Guess who usually was right beside me helping? An ENTJ. I'd also ask estp leadhand to leave the truck while he smoked, and then get in the drivers seat and drive away leaving him in the middle of no where. heh. He'd do shit like that to us to. That whole job we'd play jokes on each other, mostly summer students(us) against the full timers.

Well I found your posts here pretty funny, but that sounds like classic SP behaviour to be fair.

"Using their intuition to process this information, they are usually extremely quick and accurate in their ability to size up a situation. With the exception of their ENFP cousin, the ENTP has a deeper understanding of their environment than any of the other types."

Probably more in the wider theoretical sense though or the deeper sense of "seeing through" people on a deeper level.

An ESTP would definitely be better at udnerstanding the concrete tasks of a job, and of understanding how to behave socially in the immediate sense in order to get a positive reaction or "get one over someone"/take an opportunity in a flash. Kind of like all the things you described above.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
It's easier to be narcissistic when you have friends to display your narcissistic views to.

SUPER

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP
sounds like classic SP behaviour to be fair.

Nah.

Hearing a song and dancing along with it feeling the beat. That's SP behavior.

Hearing a song and listening to the lyrics, analyzing the purpose of the song, picking at the lyrics to see if they makes sense, mocking the lyrics, etc. that's NT behavior.

I relate to the latter.

EDIT: and here's another SP vs NT thing that I grew up with. My dad (ISTP) always encouraged my to get into a skilled trade (carpenter, plumber, roofer, etc) where I'd be working with my hands. I always hated that idea because I knew those jobs would never provide enough mental stimulation. I ended going to school and studying psychology.

I'm def not SP. I grew up in a family full of them. So they may have rubbed off on me. But I know SP's, and I'm not one. I find it almost impossible to "let loose" and live in the moment like SPs do. :coffee:

SUPER

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP
An ESTP would definitely be better at udnerstanding the concrete tasks of a job

lol like I said man, you mow the lawn up and down. It's very simple. Anyone should be able to understand that concrete task.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Nah.

Hearing a song and dancing along with it feeling the beat. That's SP behavior.

Hearing a song and listening to the lyrics, analyzing the purpose of the song, picking at the lyrics to see if they makes sense, mocking the lyrics, etc. that's NT behavior.

I relate to the latter.

EDIT: and here's another SP vs NT thing that I grew up with. My dad (ISTP) always encouraged my to get into a skilled trade (carpenter, plumber, roofer, etc) where I'd be working with my hands. I always hated that idea because I knew those jobs would never provide enough mental stimulation. I ended going to school and studying psychology.

I'm def not SP. I grew up in a family full of them. So they may have rubbed off on me. But I know SP's, and I'm not one. I find it almost impossible to "let loose" and live in the moment like SPs do. :coffee:

I'm not saying you are an SP as I don't know you, just that based on your descriptions you don't seem to get the difference between se and Ne from your descriptions of them.

Ne is not what you described. Working out the meaning of a song and the lyrics and purpose can be skilled Se, Se can read people and situations it isn't just purely "living in the moment".

Ne is more like if instead ofhearing the lyrics of the song, you were thinking about something not directly related to what was happening and going on around you.

Also I can't see why an SP wouldn't study psychology, not all SP's will work with their hands. A clever ESTP with strong Ti could easily excel academically and enjoy education.

SUPER

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP
:doh:

I'm not saying you are an SP as I don't know you, just that based on your descriptions you don't seem to get the difference between se and Ne from your descriptions of them.

Ne is not what you described. Working out the meaning of a song and the lyrics and purpose can be skilled Se, Se can read people and situations it isn't just purely "living in the moment".

Wait a minute. Did my post even say "Ne" anywhere? It said NT, not Ne. I was describing how NT and SP react differently. I wasn't describing Ne.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
:doh:

Wait a minute. Did my post even say "Ne" anywhere? It said NT, not Ne. I was describing how NT and SP react differently. I wasn't describing Ne.

Well I "read between the lines" of your post rather than concentrating exactly on what you said - something NT's do, and get criticized for by SP's often.

The whole question was whether you are ENTP or ESTP. Now, why would an ENTP react differently to an ESTP if not for the Ne vs Se differentiation? They share Ti as their secondary and Fe as their tertiary functions.

Sorry but the only way any of what you said makes any sense, is if you were referring to Se vs Ne.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just my two cents:

One might say my INFJ foreman, both of my NT ex-bfs, and I should not, for all intents and purposes, enjoy heavy equipment, heavy physical labor, being covered in oil and grime, and managing dangerous engines, but we were there. We loved the machines for many of the same reasons as the SPs and SJs that surrounded us.

In my experience, extroverted NTs can sound *very* sensory. My ENTJ best friend comes off as an ESTJ frequently and even tests as one sometimes, but so many other ENTJs I know well. Speak to them for a minute, and you'll know they're N dominants. Consider that an extroverted NT might be more inclined to test the waters, try the fugu, take a dare, etc because they're experiencers. They want to see what happens when XYZ occurs, even if it seems perhaps inadvisable.

On the other hand, I've also known S-primaries to seem very N unless you examine them closely. I wouldn't take certain "traits", per se, such as pursuits and hobbies, to delineate one's entire image of a person until you can see how they apply themselves or how they were raised.