• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] What do you dislike about NTs?

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I have love for NTs, but if you need constructive criticism here goes:

Some NTs:
think that if their own logical mind thought of it, it is therefore absolutely true
are too rigid
can be a bore when they are too focused on whatever it is they are trying to master at that particular time
seem almost afraid of their own emotions

They all describe me. Well noted, you have been observing your NT's well (though the third one sounds like tendencies stronger in INT's than ENT's to me).

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Thanks. TBH, Posting in two of these "what do you dislike about (temperament type)..." threads today bothers my conscience :rolleyes:

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Thanks. TBH, Posting in two of these "what do you dislike about (temperament type)..." threads today bothers my conscience :rolleyes:

that's funny, they're pretty much my favorite threads. :D (yeah yeah, anther one for the dislikeable characteristics list: hyper-critial :tongue:)

BlueFlame

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
What do I dislike about NTs?

The fact that I have to go through all the effort of finding a giant stick, knocking them over the head, dragging them back to cave, force feeding them my emotion, and brainwashing them into believing they like it.

It's exhausting.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
What do I dislike about NTs?

The fact that I have to go through all the effort off finding a giant stick, knocking them over the head, dragging them back to cave, force feeding them my emotion, and brainwashing them into believing they like it.

It's exhausting.

You should outsource. The chinese do everything cheaper these days

BlueFlame

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
You should outsource. The chinese do everything cheaper these days

Hmmm.
The process would be more appealing and easier to sell if a *happy ending* was included. I'll consider it.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmmm.
The process would be more appealing and easier to sell if a *happy ending* was included. I'll consider it.

Can I be your number one product?

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Hmmm.

Sadly being a sensotard and all, I have no idea what you mean.
Care for a demonstration?

Plus you wouldn't believe how cheap cargo freight is. and you can get it insured

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The difficulty of finding one that is female, available, and within my sphere of social influence. Thankfully they don't comprise the entirety of my target audience.

BlueFlame

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Can I be your number one product?

I'm not entirely sure about China's policy on servicing wolves, regardless of how fluffy they may be...
But Communism is all about sharing the wealth!

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not entirely sure about China's policy on servicing wolves, regardless of how fluffy they may be...
But Communism is all about sharing the wealth!

If it's the same as their policy for serving dogs, I'm well done for. :D

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not alone in bed often enough to know. :devil:

It's your teddy bears, isn't it? :newwink:

Sorry, I have watched this pattern too many times SW.

ENTPs always insist on their own uniqueness and resist being boxed when introduced to MBTI. Yet here, the second you say something negative about an ENTP IRL, you get pounced on. It is an interesting hyperdefensive, herd reaction.

When you call the specific defensive ENTP out, they almost always recognize they were being a bit defensive.

By poking at Fi you evoke a tert Te bitchslap or even the thing INFPs do.

By poking at an ENTP, you will evoke an Fe shrug of silence and nobody responds. The wall of silence is just as telling as the Te bitchslap, just makes for shorter threads.

PULL. THE CORD. PULL IT!

Yeah true, I am not trying to say the guy is an ESTPif he says he is ENTP, I don't know him, and I know ENTPs, especially young ones, who would do all the things he described.

I just think he doesn't have a very good idea of what "NT" behaviour is and what "SP" behaviour are like, because the examples given don't resonate. This doesn't mean he isn't ENTP.

Let's dissolve him in a solution of... no wait, that's a gold test.

The "Data Loop"...it is like talking to a brick wall.... INTPs can be extremely stubborn, and it drives me nuts because it clashes with my stubborn side :D

You know that blank look you get when no one knows what the heck you're talking about. I get that a lot.:shock: I get the feeling that not many people understand me. That really sucks.

That's when you throw in a bunch of devolved scientific statements like "The earth is only 10,000 years old" which will either snap them out of it or cause them to gloriously explode.

As long as people don't stroke my ego too much. :smile:

Do you have a square or long throw on those rods, big boy?

Unique

Hehe, oh I'm aware of the fact that you'd rather not talk about it or have it mean anything. Still doesn't mean it doesn't influence your logic process though. And then it does become relevant. At least acknowledge it, then we can get back to the topic at hand ;)

My thought process and my emotion/expression I keep a fair distance apart

Though if you want to get technical about MBTI you are incorrect, the T/F divide is EXACTLY about choices! If we were making them based on feeling and values we would be F, thats exactly the reason why there is a T/F divide, otherwise what's the point of it?

The whole point of the thinking process is that we don't put our personal feelings and values into the decision, thats what thinking vs feeling is all about

Though I'm fairly used to you not understanding or caring to understand T, thats pretty clear from vent

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
My thought process and my emotion/expression I keep a fair distance apart

Though if you want to get technical about MBTI you are incorrect, the T/F divide is EXACTLY about choices! If we were making them based on feeling and values we would be F, thats exactly the reason why there is a T/F divide, otherwise what's the point of it?

The whole point of the thinking process is that we don't put our personal feelings and values into the decision, thats what thinking vs feeling is all about

Though I'm fairly used to you not understanding or caring to understand T, thats pretty clear from vent

Well that's only one interpretation of MBTI, not some proven fact, nor undisputed within MBTI.