First 7891011 Last

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    they tend to think that they're smarter than any other types

there's a lot of socially awkward NTs out there who are no fun to try and mix with your other friends at events

some insist on playing one upsmanship games even when you're just trying to relax and have fun

there are some evil NTs out there who get some unhealthy joy out of correcting other people's grammar and spelling

there are* I think I just came. Also, I'm smarter than your friends, I don't wish to mingle with them. Want to play a game?
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

^^^That's pretty much what I dislike about other INTP's, and why I can't handle a forum full of the fuckers.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    ^^^That's pretty much what I dislike about other INTP's, and why I can't handle a forum full of the fuckers.
    You mean when they actually mean what they say, and don't obviously say it with such level of self depricating irony? :P

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post

Ok, for the sake of fair play - I can't stand it when an NT can rationalize literally EVERYTHING they come across. This, to me, is a stress reaction, and not their normal M.O. and when it takes over, good luck getting them to see an error. It's like arguing with a machine stuck in a bad data loop.

You have to go behind them, smack them on the back (you know, the thing with all the buttons and plug holes et al), and if that doesn't work, (firmly) grab their cord and (threaten) pull it out of the wall. Then you beat them with the remote speakers....

Then, all is well.

When my ENTJ best friend gets stuck, I have to call in my ENFP twin to grab her by the horns and wrestle her, mooing and kicking, to the ground. Then Jaye applies a poultice of Fi and the chaos stops.
    The "Data Loop"...it is like talking to a brick wall.... INTPs can be extremely stubborn, and it drives me nuts because it clashes with my stubborn side

You know that blank look you get when no one knows what the heck you're talking about. I get that a lot. I get the feeling that not many people understand me. That really sucks.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    You mean when they actually mean what they say, and don't obviously say it with such level of self depricating irony? :P
    Fair enough. Let my snarky comment be a homage to your satirical skills then - you did a good impression of many online INTP's.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Fair enough. Let my snarky comment be a homage to your satirical skills then - you did a good impression of many online INTP's.
    I rely to much on thinking people know me well enough to know I'm above all that and can see the humor in it because of that.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

I rely to much on thinking people know me well enough to know I'm above all that and can see the humor in it because of that.
    yeah I have the same thing. It's quite likely an INTX thing, that kind of self-parodying humour. I do it too, but I don't think anyone gets it. We're so misunderstood - another thing I dislike!

NT - abstract thinking.

Hence, what I dislike is when engaged in a discussion with NTs, this abstract thinking being broken down by logical processes makes thoughts more and more obscure (and off on tangents), and not always practically or realistically relevant. And, since the argument itself may be sound, it's hard to get them to see the point of view, that the premise of the argument that they started off with is whack like crack, if we factor in reality and feasibility. Too caught up in the abstract aspect of the argument to take a step back and see the (lack of) practical relevance of the thing under scrutiny.

Also, this makes them, like NFs, susceptible to thoughts that are bordering on paranoia and irrelevance (cuz they're, NTs, so good at rationalizing...anything).

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

yeah I have the same thing. It's quite likely an INTX thing, that kind of self-parodying humour. I do it too, but I don't think anyone gets it. We're so misunderstood - another thing I dislike!
    With you on that one, but then I always realise that it doesn't really matter to me what people (on the internets) think of me anyways so I shrug it off again.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

With you on that one, but then I always realise that it doesn't really matter to me what people (on the internets) think of me anyways so I shrug it off again.
    I guess. it's not that I am hurt by misunderstanding - I'm not that emobut, I guess we all post in the hope of finding others who "speak the same language", ebcause otherwise it's not much fun.

Still though I'm lucky to have such friends IRL I guess so I wouldn't trade that for the place of many INTX's I know who have it online but not IRL.