User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

What annoys me is usually the whole 'I have no feelings and if I do, I don't allow them to influence me, unlike *some* people! :steam:'

yeah...you clearly aren't emo *pats on the shoulder*
    Delusional much?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Just my two cents:

One might say my INFJ foreman, both of my NT ex-bfs, and I should not, for all intents and purposes, enjoy heavy equipment, heavy physical labor, being covered in oil and grime, and managing dangerous engines, but we were there. We loved the machines for many of the same reasons as the SPs and SJs that surrounded us.

In my experience, extroverted NTs can sound *very* sensory. My ENTJ best friend comes off as an ESTJ frequently and even tests as one sometimes, but so many other ENTJs I know well. Speak to them for a minute, and you'll know they're N dominants. Consider that an extroverted NT might be more inclined to test the waters, try the fugu, take a dare, etc because they're experiencers. They want to see what happens when XYZ occurs, even if it seems perhaps inadvisable.

On the other hand, I've also known S-primaries to seem very N unless you examine them closely. I wouldn't take certain "traits", per se, such as pursuits and hobbies, to delineate one's entire image of a person until you can see how they apply themselves or how they were raised.
    Yeah true, I am not trying to say the guy is an ESTPif he says he is ENTP, I don't know him, and I know ENTPs, especially young ones, who would do all the things he described.

I just think he doesn't have a very good idea of what "NT" behaviour is and what "SP" behaviour are like, because the examples given don't resonate. This doesn't mean he isn't ENTP.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I don't dislike NTs. I dislike the character of people. I accept whatever psychometric profile one has yet I may not respect certain characteristics that one may possess. Stereotyping starts once these characteristics are generally seen within a type.

I rarely dislike NTs

This thread is weird and pointless, we are pretty used to being disliked by the mass SJ population now we get to hear about it online too? Yay?

There's already mass bias regarding NTs

It wouldn't be hard to find a list of stuff to hate about NTs just go ask anyone from the general population what kind of person pisses them off

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    What annoys me is usually the whole 'I have no feelings and if I do, I don't allow them to influence me, unlike *some* people! :steam:'

yeah...you clearly aren't emo *pats on the shoulder*
    Delusional much?
    Frustration seems pretty common among NTs, especially when NFs assume emotional subtext in everything we say rather than focusing on our logic

Dah we can seem emotional or expressive at times but that doesn't mean we value it or want it talked about

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    I rarely dislike NTs

This thread is weird and pointless, we are pretty used to being disliked by the mass SJ population now we get to hear about it online too? Yay?

It wouldn't be hard to find a list of stuff to hate about NTs just go ask anyone from the general population what kind of person pisses them off
    But maybe thoughtful self-criticism from people who know MBTI would be more helpful than doing that?

Or don't NT's have certain pitfalls they need to avoid just like everyone else?

Also why did two people in a row respond saying "I don't dislike NT's". the question was "what do you dislike about NT's?" not "do you dislike NT's?". You can dislike things about someone without disliking them.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Got self-esteem issues, hmm?
    Unfortunately, not. In fact, I probably need to be pulled down a few notches to get my head out of the lofty clouds, which is what NTs love to do most, right?

Seriously, though, I've noticed NTs cling to being right so hard that they have difficulty compromising. Whether that is within an arguement, or whether that is about an ideal. It's like to concede even one little point is admitting total defeat.......or failure? Then a resultant byproduct of that is anger that seeps out the corners. Yet when called out on sounding angry, NTs might yell, "NF is projecting your feelings onto me!" Haha. As if.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    I rarely dislike NTs

Frustration seems pretty common among NTs, especially when NFs assume emotional subtext in everything we say rather than focusing on our logic

Dah we can seem emotional or expressive at times but that doesn't mean we value it or want it talked about

Hehe, oh I'm aware of the fact that you'd rather not talk about it or have it mean anything. Still doesn't mean it doesn't influence your logic process though. And then it does become relevant. At least acknowledge it, then we can get back to the topic at hand
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    Unfortunately, not. In fact, I probably need to be pulled down a few notches to get my head out of the lofty clouds, which is what NTs love to do most, right?

Seriously, though, I've noticed NTs cling to being right so hard that they have difficulty compromising. Whether that is within an arguement, or whether that is about an ideal. It's like to concede even one little point is admitting total defeat.......or failure? Then a resultant byproduct of that is anger that seeps out the corners. Yet when called out on sounding angry, NTs might yell, "NF is projecting your feelings onto me!" Haha. As if.
    I relate to that, I have difficulty compromising. The compromise that needs to be reached has to be fruitful and worth while in my view, most of the times I find that the compromises people reach are in more ways worse than either of the extremes both people came from in the first place. If I can not find a worthy compromise, I tend to stick with my own opinion and push that through.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Enneagram
    4w5

Most of my close friends (on the rare instances I do manage to make 'em) are invariably INTP's.

Ironically, though, intpcentral left a really, really bad taste in my mouth. I don't know if that was peculiar to intpcentral, or if that's the way INTP's really are like deep down inside.

--- petty

--- mean for the sake of being mean

--- cliquish.

Well, on the engineering quad, NT's are definitely cliquish, it's like they hang on to each other for dear life, and exclude everyone else as payback for usually being outsiders or something

--- believing that feeling=irrational, or that expressing a natural emotional reaction=irrational.

Gee, we are not robots. Many aspects of humanity are irrational. Baby language acquisition might follow a rough map universally, but linguists are far from having decoded the precise details of it...because it's a mess, and a somewhat improbable miracle that children learn to speak. The cop out answer that linguists use is:"well, the human brain was designed for language."

That's like a pre-Galileo scientist saying, "the reason why apples fall to the ground, is because the earth was designed to catch them."
    The purple sun won't heal my purple bruises :ouch:

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

they tend to think that they're smarter than any other types

there's a lot of socially awkward NTs out there who are no fun to try and mix with your other friends at events

some insist on playing one upsmanship games even when you're just trying to relax and have fun

there are some evil NTs out there who get some unhealthy joy out of correcting other people's grammar and spelling

“Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett