• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] What do you dislike about NTs?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
they tend to think that they're smarter than any other types

there's a lot of socially awkward NTs out there who are no fun to try and mix with your other friends at events

some insist on playing one upsmanship games even when you're just trying to relax and have fun

there are some evil NTs out there who get some unhealthy joy out of correcting other people's grammar and spelling

:)

there are* I think I just came. :huh: Also, I'm smarter than your friends, I don't wish to mingle with them. Want to play a game?

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
^^^That's pretty much what I dislike about other INTP's, and why I can't handle a forum full of the fuckers. :laugh:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^^^That's pretty much what I dislike about other INTP's, and why I can't handle a forum full of the fuckers. :laugh:

You mean when they actually mean what they say, and don't obviously say it with such level of self depricating irony? :p

rogue1

MBTI Type
INFJ
Ok, for the sake of fair play - I can't stand it when an NT can rationalize literally EVERYTHING they come across. This, to me, is a stress reaction, and not their normal M.O. and when it takes over, good luck getting them to see an error. It's like arguing with a machine stuck in a bad data loop.

You have to go behind them, smack them on the back (you know, the thing with all the buttons and plug holes et al), and if that doesn't work, (firmly) grab their cord and (threaten) pull it out of the wall. Then you beat them with the remote speakers....

Then, all is well.

When my ENTJ best friend gets stuck, I have to call in my ENFP twin to grab her by the horns and wrestle her, mooing and kicking, to the ground. Then Jaye applies a poultice of Fi and the chaos stops.

The "Data Loop"...it is like talking to a brick wall.... INTPs can be extremely stubborn, and it drives me nuts because it clashes with my stubborn side :D

You know that blank look you get when no one knows what the heck you're talking about. I get that a lot.:shock: I get the feeling that not many people understand me. That really sucks.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
You mean when they actually mean what they say, and don't obviously say it with such level of self depricating irony? :p

Fair enough. Let my snarky comment be a homage to your satirical skills then - you did a good impression of many online INTP's. ;)

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fair enough. Let my snarky comment be a homage to your satirical skills then - you did a good impression of many online INTP's. ;)

I rely to much on thinking people know me well enough to know I'm above all that and can see the humor in it because of that. :D

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I rely to much on thinking people know me well enough to know I'm above all that and can see the humor in it because of that. :D

yeah I have the same thing. It's quite likely an INTX thing, that kind of self-parodying humour. I do it too, but I don't think anyone gets it. We're so misunderstood :cry: - another thing I dislike!

Qre:us

NT - abstract thinking.

Hence, what I dislike is when engaged in a discussion with NTs, this abstract thinking being broken down by logical processes makes thoughts more and more obscure (and off on tangents), and not always practically or realistically relevant. And, since the argument itself may be sound, it's hard to get them to see the point of view, that the premise of the argument that they started off with is whack like crack, if we factor in reality and feasibility. Too caught up in the abstract aspect of the argument to take a step back and see the (lack of) practical relevance of the thing under scrutiny.

Also, this makes them, like NFs, susceptible to thoughts that are bordering on paranoia and irrelevance (cuz they're, NTs, so good at rationalizing...anything).

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
yeah I have the same thing. It's quite likely an INTX thing, that kind of self-parodying humour. I do it too, but I don't think anyone gets it. We're so misunderstood :cry: - another thing I dislike!

With you on that one, but then I always realise that it doesn't really matter to me what people (on the internets) think of me anyways so I shrug it off again. :smile:

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
With you on that one, but then I always realise that it doesn't really matter to me what people (on the internets) think of me anyways so I shrug it off again. :smile:

I guess. it's not that I am hurt by misunderstanding - I'm not that emo:Dbut, I guess we all post in the hope of finding others who "speak the same language", ebcause otherwise it's not much fun.

Still though I'm lucky to have such friends IRL I guess so I wouldn't trade that for the place of many INTX's I know who have it online but not IRL.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
there are* I think I just came. :huh: Also, I'm smarter than your friends, I don't wish to mingle with them. Want to play a game?

*notes that fluffywolf lives far away, and feels safe for a moment*

'tis the NTs like those I described that make me feel like a failure at NTdom :doh:

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ironically, though, intpcentral left a really, really bad taste in my mouth. I don't know if that was peculiar to intpcentral, or if that's the way INTP's really are like deep down inside.

--- petty

--- mean for the sake of being mean

--- cliquish.
Nope. That's pretty much just INTPc. (Note it was established by an INTJ and is dominated by another).

:( Fluffy is one of the less retarded ones.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Nope. That's pretty much just INTPc. (Note it was established by an INTJ and is dominated by another).

To be fair to INTJ's, INTJ forums are nothing like INTPc. More boring, but much less unhealthy. On the one I am registered on, there is a fair amount of navel-gazing and retarded theories, but I haven't really seen any competitiveness/cliquiness/bitchiness.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sorry, I have watched this pattern too many times SW.

ENTPs always insist on their own uniqueness and resist being boxed when introduced to MBTI. Yet here, the second you say something negative about an ENTP IRL, you get pounced on. It is an interesting hyperdefensive, herd reaction.

You lost this point when you used the word "always." I don't know enough ENTPs to know if this is a common reaction or not; however, the resistance to being boxed in thing seems a lot more common in NFPs because Fi places such emphasis on personal individuality and freedom of expression. Ti rather likes the ability to categorize itself and everyone else; it's comforting to have a system that encompasses and explains the world.

When you call the specific defensive ENTP out, they almost always recognize they were being a bit defensive.

That's true.

By poking at Fi you evoke a tert Te bitchslap or even the thing INFPs do.

By poking at an ENTP, you will evoke an Fe shrug of silence and nobody responds. The wall of silence is just as telling as the Te bitchslap, just makes for shorter threads.

Fair.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Gee, we are not robots. Many aspects of humanity are irrational. Baby language acquisition might follow a rough map universally, but linguists are far from having decoded the precise details of it...because it's a mess, and a somewhat improbable miracle that children learn to speak.
So you mean that the fact that every normal kid learns to speak and that dog don't is a statistical fluke ..?
The fact that the process is complex and not absolutely exact doesn't make it any less computable. From what we seem to observe/extrapolate, the Universe itself is ruled by non absolute values (planck) and therefore everything is but an approximation. And rationality is just a way to analyse the world into internally or externally coherent systems, there's nothing wrong with feelings, as yes we're human. But some inconsistencies, while perfectly fine as far as the individual go, shouldn't be imposed on other people as some kind of relevant information.
The cop out answer that linguists use is:"well, the human brain was designed for language."
If a linguist says that he or she is perhaps confusing selection with personal causation and you should call him or her on it. I would.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I personally do not like the ENTP (and sometimes ENTJ) sophistry.

Nighthawk

MBTI Type
INTP
One thing I don't like about myself, although it is more of an NTP quality, is lack of follow through. I feel I would be much more accomplished if I followed through and completed more of the things I began to undertake. Be it books, projects, networking, etc. I live too much in my head and need to externalize more of it into the concrete world.

Extraversion is also something I wish I were better at ... although that, again, is not NT specific, but rather INT. I admire the smooth way that extraverts network and "sell" their ideas to people. That would serve me well, but it just doesn't work for me. I've practised extraversion extensively in younger years and have a subsistence level grasp of it ... but it still does not come naturally.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have love for NTs, but if you need constructive criticism here goes:

Some NTs:
think that if their own logical mind thought of it, it is therefore absolutely true
are too rigid
can be a bore when they are too focused on whatever it is they are trying to master at that particular time
seem almost afraid of their own emotions

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I personally do not like the ENTP (and sometimes ENTJ) sophistry.

But I call it relativism when you're not looking
I'm shy like that