User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    there are* I think I just came. Also, I'm smarter than your friends, I don't wish to mingle with them. Want to play a game?
    *notes that fluffywolf lives far away, and feels safe for a moment*

'tis the NTs like those I described that make me feel like a failure at NTdom
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by purplesunset View Post
    Ironically, though, intpcentral left a really, really bad taste in my mouth. I don't know if that was peculiar to intpcentral, or if that's the way INTP's really are like deep down inside.

--- petty

--- mean for the sake of being mean

--- cliquish.
    Nope. That's pretty much just INTPc. (Note it was established by an INTJ and is dominated by another).

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    ^^^That's pretty much what I dislike about other INTP's, and why I can't handle a forum full of the fuckers.
    Fluffy is one of the less retarded ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    Nope. That's pretty much just INTPc. (Note it was established by an INTJ and is dominated by another).
    To be fair to INTJ's, INTJ forums are nothing like INTPc. More boring, but much less unhealthy. On the one I am registered on, there is a fair amount of navel-gazing and retarded theories, but I haven't really seen any competitiveness/cliquiness/bitchiness.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    Fluffy is one of the less retarded ones.
    As long as people don't stroke my ego too much.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Puppy View Post
    Sorry, I have watched this pattern too many times SW.

ENTPs always insist on their own uniqueness and resist being boxed when introduced to MBTI. Yet here, the second you say something negative about an ENTP IRL, you get pounced on. It is an interesting hyperdefensive, herd reaction.
    You lost this point when you used the word "always." I don't know enough ENTPs to know if this is a common reaction or not; however, the resistance to being boxed in thing seems a lot more common in NFPs because Fi places such emphasis on personal individuality and freedom of expression. Ti rather likes the ability to categorize itself and everyone else; it's comforting to have a system that encompasses and explains the world.

When you call the specific defensive ENTP out, they almost always recognize they were being a bit defensive.
    That's true.

By poking at Fi you evoke a tert Te bitchslap or even the thing INFPs do.

By poking at an ENTP, you will evoke an Fe shrug of silence and nobody responds. The wall of silence is just as telling as the Te bitchslap, just makes for shorter threads.
    Fair.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Gee, we are not robots. Many aspects of humanity are irrational. Baby language acquisition might follow a rough map universally, but linguists are far from having decoded the precise details of it...because it's a mess, and a somewhat improbable miracle that children learn to speak.
    So you mean that the fact that every normal kid learns to speak and that dog don't is a statistical fluke ..?
    The fact that the process is complex and not absolutely exact doesn't make it any less computable. From what we seem to observe/extrapolate, the Universe itself is ruled by non absolute values (planck) and therefore everything is but an approximation. And rationality is just a way to analyse the world into internally or externally coherent systems, there's nothing wrong with feelings, as yes we're human. But some inconsistencies, while perfectly fine as far as the individual go, shouldn't be imposed on other people as some kind of relevant information.
    The cop out answer that linguists use is:"well, the human brain was designed for language."
    If a linguist says that he or she is perhaps confusing selection with personal causation and you should call him or her on it. I would.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I personally do not like the ENTP (and sometimes ENTJ) sophistry.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTP

One thing I don't like about myself, although it is more of an NTP quality, is lack of follow through. I feel I would be much more accomplished if I followed through and completed more of the things I began to undertake. Be it books, projects, networking, etc. I live too much in my head and need to externalize more of it into the concrete world.

Extraversion is also something I wish I were better at ... although that, again, is not NT specific, but rather INT. I admire the smooth way that extraverts network and "sell" their ideas to people. That would serve me well, but it just doesn't work for me. I've practised extraversion extensively in younger years and have a subsistence level grasp of it ... but it still does not come naturally.

I have love for NTs, but if you need constructive criticism here goes:

Some NTs:
    think that if their own logical mind thought of it, it is therefore absolutely true
    are too rigid
    can be a bore when they are too focused on whatever it is they are trying to master at that particular time
    seem almost afraid of their own emotions
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I personally do not like the ENTP (and sometimes ENTJ) sophistry.
    But I call it relativism when you're not looking
    I'm shy like that
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE