• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] This guy is an ENTP... (srsly)

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
...and he's not all fun and games, like the stereotype goes. We've got our problems too, and he's a good example of how many of us can end up.

[YOUTUBE="h0pfe4Rgk0U"]Killer beard[/YOUTUBE]

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
the torturous immobilization...

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That really sucks; I hope he recovers, he seems like a nice guy.

I'm glad you found this and posted it, OMT, as many here assume people of various MBTI types have behaviors like those described in the multitude of type descriptions.

I've experienced on major depressive episode in my life, and it was hell. Anyone can fall victim to this ailment, it does not discriminate.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Yeah man, imagine the major depressive disorder, tone it down from 11 to about 4-6, and have that going for ten years straight. You do get transient "normalcy", but by and large, it's a somber, dissociated means of living.

However, knowing what it is, and that others truly are just like it and have come back to the surface, makes everything seem so very hopeful

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
However, knowing what it is, and that others truly are just like it and have come back to the surface, makes everything seem so very hopeful

Hope is the only thing we have in life, imo. When you lose it, you sink. I'm glad you are still swimming. :smile:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh god noooooo! *wails*

this is reminding me of a conversation with the boyfriend last night- I got some very bad news and my Ne immediatly went flying to what horrible scenarios might await me... I was rather disconsolate, and was somewhat annoyed that he was calmly sitting there telling me that working myself into a fine state when I didn't know what was going to happen, and that flying into the realm of horrible happenings wasn't helping things a bit :dry:

it's not fair to have such a mean function that can torture a person so... I've pretty much worked things out ok since offices are open this morning and such, but still... the lack if information about the situation left me to my imagination- which is far worse than any physical punishment I can think of... it just leaves you feeling at the mercy of others, like you have no control...

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Sorry but this is some guy who is depressed, lord knows how you typed him cos I can't see it myself... could be an NF, or and SJ

nanook

a scream in a vortex
i would love entp if they were all able of such modesty and honesty. seems like his Ne imploded into Ni. there is actually no control in this world and Ni knew it always . on the other hand, Ni can often deal with that insight. it can just surf the wave. as long as there is no extroverted sensation in the wave :rolleyes:

he is entp by means of physiognomy.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Sorry but this is some guy who is depressed, lord knows how you typed him cos I can't see it myself... could be an NF, or and SJ

I think the OP means the feeling, the ennui that ENTPs often talk about...

i would love entp if they were all able of such modesty and honesty. seems like his Ne imploded into Ni. there is actually no control in this world and Ni knows. on the other hand, Ni can often deal with that iNborn insight. just surf the wave. as long as there is no extroverted sensation in the wave :rolleyes:

Are you kidding me? Because only introverts can be honest or modest? Riiiiiiight... There is no control in this world and everyone knows it.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
actually no one even understands what it means, that there is no control.
does it mean you could build a house and a tsunami could take it away?
does it mean you can go to war but you might loose?
no, that is not what it means.

no need to twist my words btw ...

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Jen

I hate to break it to you, but pretty much any depress person goes thorugh a phase of listlessness, which either gets better or turn into a stupor. Not really type specific I don't think

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8

I didn't twist your words.

Jen

I hate to break it to you, but pretty much any depress person goes thorugh a phase of listlessness, which either gets better or turn into a stupor. Not really type specific I don't think

I know it's not type specific, but I think you are missing my point.
Doesn't matter, carry on.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50

He's Ne-ing all over the place. An SJ wouldn't let their life get so unkempt. An NF would have committed suicide before letting themselves live that long with that much of a negative disposition.

Look how he gesticulates, how his emotion manifests itself not as pain, sadness or even anger, but pure frustration at himself for his inability to adapt his life in the ways he knows he should to attain the goals he has for himself.

That's the dark side of NeTi in a nutshell.

i would love entp if they were all able of such modesty and honesty. seems like his Ne imploded into Ni. there is actually no control in this world and Ni knew it always . on the other hand, Ni can often deal with that insight. it can just surf the wave. as long as there is no extroverted sensation in the wave :rolleyes:

he is entp by means of physiognomy.

ENTPs are very honest, when they're not in social situations and they won't affect their esteem in the eyes of others. Still, look at how matter-of-fact and detached he still remains from the whole thing. He's not frustrated with himself, he's frustrated with this thing he's become and this neverending cycle of failure he finds himself in. His core personality remains separate from that object, which is very Ti.

If he were an introvert, talking about this, particularly on tape, would be almost impossible.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
try hanging out in a psyc ward, would be quite an education I think ;)

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've experienced on major depressive episode in my life, and it was hell. Anyone can fall victim to this ailment, it does not discriminate.

Wait wait wait....you actually expect us to believe that ESTPs have feelings??

Keep it up--you're almost tied with Victor for Most Nonsensical Member.

Fluxkom

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Why do I feel the sudden urge to see a therapist after watching this and reading the comments on youtube?