• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Worth vs. Intelligence

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
In the end its all about what you do with it. A high IQ will have you probably to do the same Hard Work as anyone else, just in a different dimension and a high EQ is a measurement for your perception and empathy towards the world, which doesnt qualify to succeed in society, rather opposite.

To me wisdom is the winner. And he was the one too who laughed at the OP first. Not me, I didnt do it, I am innocent, always !

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
In the end its all about what you do with it. A high IQ will have you probably to do the same Hard Work as anyone else, just in a different dimension and a high EQ is a measurement for your perception and empathy towards the world, which doesnt qualify to succeed in society, rather opposite.

To me wisdom is the winner. And he was the one too who laughed at the OP first. Not me, I didnt do it, I am innocent, always !

So are you saying there is no correlation between intelligence (not IQ per se) and one's worth (as I've defined worth throughout this thread)?

capricorn009

I no longer care about worth, sometimes all it takes for people to turn against you is doing something they didn't want to hear because you cared about it. Why I try to help people that I can see trying to do the best they can themselves because I know what it's like to want approval from people for no good reason...because half the time you change just for the very people that wanted you to to leave. Screw who gets
everything because they asked at the last minute, kissed butt or because they were
lazy and everyone just wanted them out of the way.

ENTJ

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
I no longer care about worth, sometimes all it takes for people to turn against you is doing something they didn't want to hear because you cared about it. Why I try to help people that I can see trying to do the best they can themselves because I know what it's like to want approval from people for no good reason...because half the time you change just for the very people that wanted you to to leave. Screw who gets
everything because they asked at the last minute, kissed butt or because they were

ENTJ

Gah. :doh:

lamp

Absolutely.
Agree with ent. An intelligent person working as a gas station attendant is still going to be able to put their intelligence to use and positively affect society.

ENTJ
this post is awesome

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
Agree with ent. An intelligent person working as a gas station attendant is still going to be able to put their intelligence to use and positively affect society.

"ent" is saying that an intelligent person is worth no more than an unintelligent one. You seem to be disagreeing by what you say after agreeing.

lamp

"ent" is saying that an intelligent person is worth no more than an unintelligent one. You seem to be disagreeing by what you say after agreeing.
whoops. I was off on a tangent there. I do think intelligence is useful.

I think that attitude is more important than intelligence. So an unintelligent inventor with good attitude would be more productive than an intelligent inventor with poor attitude.

You could have an unintelligent inventor who makes all kinds of useless shit. But, this person should be able to realize this eventually and recenter the guiding principles of their design and turn things around. I think.

And I dont know where to slot wisdom.

hmm. I dont think the ranges of intelligence are varied enough to make a difference. hmm.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
whoops. I was off on a tangent there. I do think intelligence is useful.

I think that attitude is more important than intelligence. So an unintelligent inventor with good attitude would be more productive than an intelligent inventor with poor attitude.

You could have an unintelligent inventor who makes all kinds of useless shit. But, this person should be able to realize this eventually and recenter the guiding principles of their design and turn things around. I think.

And I dont know where to slot wisdom.

Wisdom = Intelligence*Time

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I've seen this interview once of Oliver Kahn, who was the german national goal keeper in soccer in the time he played in the league and won the award for being the best soccer player on the world 3 times. He was indeed damned awesome and a damn good goal keeper, tho in person he's a total jerk. Had 3 wifes, who he betrayed all and no is lost somewhere in the aeons of time.

But in the Interview he gave, he said: "I have seen many talented and gifted soccer player in my life, many of them far better than me; I never had any special talent. They all seized to exist at some point, because they so heavily relied on their talents that they forgot about the work it takes."

And with that he was right, no matter what you do may it be business, science, gardening, if you want to contribute something of worth to society, you have to do hard work for it. And with hard work I dont mean physical or intellectual work only, I mean you have to learn that you'll do a lot of mistakes on the way, you have to learn to cope with rejection by others and you have to grow over your own shoulders every day a single bit, cause the vast amount of knowledge that is to be gained in one life, is unbelieveable.

If you had asked me 5 years ago, what I think on the topic: worth vs. intelligence, I had responded with a lot of hate in me towards my surroundings and the society I live in, cause I had many moments in life I just felt not being one of them. That hasnt changed a single bit until today, but I learned to cope with it better. I learned that people have motivations and ideals of their own and that there are some I even can respect for their different attitude. What leads me to the think I wanted to say: I dont believe that worth can be measured in one person at all; I think to have real worth and to really contribute something you will need a lot of other people in your life to help you on your path to personal enlightenment. May it be a coworker in the lab or a beautiful woman on an online forum who tells you that you suck.

Your capability to learn is in the end what will define your worth and your intelligence in my opinion.

---

Here's the video of Olli Kahn, tho you may not understand what he says, watch how he looks, he's a lion and eats people :D

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9N5BxYt-Zc"].[/YOUTUBE]

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Let me ask you this question: EQ being equal among a population of NTs, what would their intelligence vs. worth graph look like?

I'm not sure if intelligent people make a more positive contribution to society than someone of average intelligence. But let's assume that they do just for the sake of this thread. In that case an intelligence vs. worth graph for NT's would look like an S-curve (i.e. logistic curve). An NT of average intelligence would see a significant improvement from an increase of intelligence, while an NT of high intelligence would see little or no improvement from an increase in intelligence. Once an NT gets to a certain level of intelligence an increase in intelligence no longer matters because a variety of other factors limit the person more (confidence, social skills, education/mentorship, contacts, etc...).

ubiquitous1 said:
I was framing my answer in the context of the OP. I agree that, for some NT’s, their societal contributions would be greater with improved EQ, but EQ isn’t a measure on the standard IQ test.

Although, maybe we could create a rent an NF business for those NT’s who want to improve their EQ score.

Heh, I didn't mean to seem like I was picking on you. I quoted you mostly because you gave the most pithy reply that was relevant to what I wanted to say. Your answer is right, but I think EQ is more important overall.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
We now have a situation where I have agreed with ent, yet set forth a different argument. And with this definition, ent effectively agrees with you.

Yes, it is an interesting situation. Although I do not think that I necessarily put forth an idea with which one could agree or disagree; I simply proposed a few questions for entertainment purposes.

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
pronun verb preposition noun adverb verb

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Not in the least. I simply see more of a need for stupid people who are willing to commit, work hard, follow rules, etc., and less of a need for stupid people who think all day about philosophy, mathematics, physics, etc.

In general, I would say the worth of SJs is affected least, NTs most. As for the extremes, I'd venture to guess that the worth of the INTP might very well be affected most, and perhaps the ISTJ least?

So your saying a stupid ISTJ is more useful than a stupid INTP.

Here's the thing though, you need to define intelligent because stereotypical views on what intelligence all basically presume NTs are the smartest therefore by the stereotypical meaning of intelligence I'm guessing you wouldn't be able to find an INTP as stupid as a stupid ISTJ.

Little_Sticks

INTP IQ

intpiq.gif

Notice that the space between an INTPs IQ and EQ remains poopily constant. INTPs will have a certain amount of sorrowful poopiness that will stick with them for the rest of their lives. This will create a gloomy egotistical personality as a defense to the inevitable poopy burden they must always carry.

Also notice that as an INTP raises his/her IQ, his/her EQ lowers. This is due to subliminal peer pressure and reinforcement from other fellow INTPs to raise IQ at the expense of EQ. And as a direct result, the INTPs that increase their EQ with their IQ end up turning INTJ and thus proving the correlation to hold for all possibilities.

Now someone else try one. This could be fun :)