User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 58

  1. #41
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    In the end its all about what you do with it. A high IQ will have you probably to do the same Hard Work as anyone else, just in a different dimension and a high EQ is a measurement for your perception and empathy towards the world, which doesnt qualify to succeed in society, rather opposite.

    To me wisdom is the winner. And he was the one too who laughed at the OP first. Not me, I didnt do it, I am innocent, always !
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  2. #42
    null Jonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    FREE
    Posts
    2,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    In the end its all about what you do with it. A high IQ will have you probably to do the same Hard Work as anyone else, just in a different dimension and a high EQ is a measurement for your perception and empathy towards the world, which doesnt qualify to succeed in society, rather opposite.

    To me wisdom is the winner. And he was the one too who laughed at the OP first. Not me, I didnt do it, I am innocent, always !
    So are you saying there is no correlation between intelligence (not IQ per se) and one's worth (as I've defined worth throughout this thread)?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #43
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Absolutely.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    104

    Default

    I no longer care about worth, sometimes all it takes for people to turn against you is doing something they didn't want to hear because you cared about it. Why I try to help people that I can see trying to do the best they can themselves because I know what it's like to want approval from people for no good reason...because half the time you change just for the very people that wanted you to to leave. Screw who gets
    everything because they asked at the last minute, kissed butt or because they were
    lazy and everyone just wanted them out of the way.

    ENTJ

  5. #45
    null Jonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    FREE
    Posts
    2,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by capricorn009 View Post
    I no longer care about worth, sometimes all it takes for people to turn against you is doing something they didn't want to hear because you cared about it. Why I try to help people that I can see trying to do the best they can themselves because I know what it's like to want approval from people for no good reason...because half the time you change just for the very people that wanted you to to leave. Screw who gets
    everything because they asked at the last minute, kissed butt or because they were
    lazy and everyone just wanted them out of the way.

    ENTJ
    Gah.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Absolutely.
    Agree with ent. An intelligent person working as a gas station attendant is still going to be able to put their intelligence to use and positively affect society.




    Quote Originally Posted by capricorn009 View Post
    I no longer care about worth, sometimes all it takes for people to turn against you is doing something they didn't want to hear because you cared about it. Why I try to help people that I can see trying to do the best they can themselves because I know what it's like to want approval from people for no good reason...because half the time you change just for the very people that wanted you to to leave. Screw who gets
    everything because they asked at the last minute, kissed butt or because they were
    lazy and everyone just wanted them out of the way.

    ENTJ
    this post is awesome

  7. #47
    null Jonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    FREE
    Posts
    2,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lamp View Post
    Agree with ent. An intelligent person working as a gas station attendant is still going to be able to put their intelligence to use and positively affect society.
    "ent" is saying that an intelligent person is worth no more than an unintelligent one. You seem to be disagreeing by what you say after agreeing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    "ent" is saying that an intelligent person is worth no more than an unintelligent one. You seem to be disagreeing by what you say after agreeing.
    whoops. I was off on a tangent there. I do think intelligence is useful.

    I think that attitude is more important than intelligence. So an unintelligent inventor with good attitude would be more productive than an intelligent inventor with poor attitude.

    You could have an unintelligent inventor who makes all kinds of useless shit. But, this person should be able to realize this eventually and recenter the guiding principles of their design and turn things around. I think.

    And I dont know where to slot wisdom.

    hmm. I dont think the ranges of intelligence are varied enough to make a difference. hmm.

  9. #49
    null Jonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    FREE
    Posts
    2,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lamp View Post
    whoops. I was off on a tangent there. I do think intelligence is useful.

    I think that attitude is more important than intelligence. So an unintelligent inventor with good attitude would be more productive than an intelligent inventor with poor attitude.

    You could have an unintelligent inventor who makes all kinds of useless shit. But, this person should be able to realize this eventually and recenter the guiding principles of their design and turn things around. I think.

    And I dont know where to slot wisdom.
    Wisdom = Intelligence*Time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #50
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    I've seen this interview once of Oliver Kahn, who was the german national goal keeper in soccer in the time he played in the league and won the award for being the best soccer player on the world 3 times. He was indeed damned awesome and a damn good goal keeper, tho in person he's a total jerk. Had 3 wifes, who he betrayed all and no is lost somewhere in the aeons of time.

    But in the Interview he gave, he said: "I have seen many talented and gifted soccer player in my life, many of them far better than me; I never had any special talent. They all seized to exist at some point, because they so heavily relied on their talents that they forgot about the work it takes."

    And with that he was right, no matter what you do may it be business, science, gardening, if you want to contribute something of worth to society, you have to do hard work for it. And with hard work I dont mean physical or intellectual work only, I mean you have to learn that you'll do a lot of mistakes on the way, you have to learn to cope with rejection by others and you have to grow over your own shoulders every day a single bit, cause the vast amount of knowledge that is to be gained in one life, is unbelieveable.

    If you had asked me 5 years ago, what I think on the topic: worth vs. intelligence, I had responded with a lot of hate in me towards my surroundings and the society I live in, cause I had many moments in life I just felt not being one of them. That hasnt changed a single bit until today, but I learned to cope with it better. I learned that people have motivations and ideals of their own and that there are some I even can respect for their different attitude. What leads me to the think I wanted to say: I dont believe that worth can be measured in one person at all; I think to have real worth and to really contribute something you will need a lot of other people in your life to help you on your path to personal enlightenment. May it be a coworker in the lab or a beautiful woman on an online forum who tells you that you suck.

    Your capability to learn is in the end what will define your worth and your intelligence in my opinion.

    ---

    Here's the video of Olli Kahn, tho you may not understand what he says, watch how he looks, he's a lion and eats people

    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9N5BxYt-Zc"].[/YOUTUBE]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Similar Threads

  1. [Other] INTP vs. ENTP - Interpersonal Intelligence
    By MadTeaParty in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 09-22-2015, 12:59 AM
  2. Evolution vs. Intelligent Design/Creationism
    By Anentropic IxTx in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 161
    Last Post: 11-10-2013, 11:56 PM
  3. Intelligence vs Ability
    By Quinlan in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-21-2010, 12:07 AM
  4. Darwinism vs. Intelligent Design - good take on this issue
    By Sniffles in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 124
    Last Post: 12-15-2009, 07:20 AM
  5. S intelligence vs. N intelligence
    By Xander in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 173
    Last Post: 08-31-2008, 06:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO