User Tag List

123 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    ENTP

Default ENTP or INTP...hmmmmmmmmmmm

I thought ENTP for the longest time. I could see INTP too though. I'm not very social (could be due to variant stacking sx/sp.. or upbringing as both parents are introverts)... but when I'm forced into a social situation I love talking to different people. I like going out if there's a plan but dont like going out if ppl are just chilling in a parking lot or something lame like that. I relate more to ENFPs than INFPs.

Its weird, depending on who you talk to and where I know them from, they'd say I'm the most introverted laid back person ever or the craziest asshole they know.

Any sure fire ways to tell an ENTP from INTP?

EDIT: nevermind, pretty sure im entp and theres already enough threads on entp/intp differences, why cant i delete this thread

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

The E / I divide's pretty easy to tell, probably the easiest of any of them.

It's not whether yeu're social or anything like that.

It's whether yeu get "energized" (weird term I dunno, don't ask me but that's whot MBTI calls it) doing particular activities.

For example, if an introvert does alot of public speaking or something, they'll wear out fast and need to have some time alone to relax. An extrovert generally gets bored from being alone and will want to interact with something externally somehow.

Another example is if yeu're trying to think of an idea... the introvert will tend to think and plan it all out in their head and only really check with other people to verify they're right. An extrovert will tend to bounce ideas off of other people during the process of thinking. Difference of "think before yeu speak" or "thinking through the act of speaking" more or less.

MBTI
    XNXP
    Enneagram
    OMG sx
    Socionics
    iuno

People act introverted/extroverted, according to different factors including environment/previous experiences/ 12345342 other factors. Personally, I don't buy into that introverted/extroverted crap.

the whole MBTI thing is just a temporary system until a better system comes out, im not taking it too seriously.
    1+1=3 OMFG

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Wel, Katsuni made a pretty accurate description of the E/I dividing line.

Remember that you should not confuse happy Introverts with unhappy Extroverts, or vice-versa. ENTPs often feel quite lonely even for an Extrovert type, because they get bored extremely fast. See for instance the thread made by Jenocyde about being ENTP and single.

But they would express this loneliness very differently than the one of a true Introvert.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post

the whole MBTI thing is just a temporary system until a better system comes out, im not taking it too seriously.
    Are you aware everything is temporary until proven otherwise, even hard science?

In this world, the only solid evidences we have is when we determine something to be false, and not the illusion of absolute truth.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    XNXP
    Enneagram
    OMG sx
    Socionics
    iuno

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Are you aware everything is temporary until proven otherwise, even hard science?

In this world, the only solid evidences we have is when we determine something to be false, and not the illusion of absolute truth.
    lol nice try. have you ever thought i have deeper reasoning behind my talk?

MBTI is not hard science at all. It is flawed. i even have my own theories according to it. so lets just leave it at that.

edit: denying absolute truth in an arguement while defending MBTI?
    1+1=3 OMFG

When the new system comes out, replace the MBTI name in your quote with the new system's name and you'll have a nice pattern. And do this for every new system that comes out.

MBTI
    XNXP
    Enneagram
    OMG sx
    Socionics
    iuno

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    When the new system comes out, replace the MBTI name in your quote with the new system's name and you'll have a nice pattern. And do this for every new system that comes out.
    ohh funnnnyyyy.

Im just saying im not too fond of this system i think it should be modified. sue me?
    1+1=3 OMFG

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

lol nice try. have you ever thought i have deeper reasoning behind my talk?
    Frankly, I don't see any "deeper reasoning". Unless you are able to show some limited epistemological skills, something I haven't had the pleasure to notice so far.

Unless you want us to discuss about Kuhn, Koyré, Feyerabend, Habermas, or Lakatos? Which system has your preference?

Or do you fancy about the virtues and paradoxes of Gödel's incompleteness theorems?

MBTI is not hard science at all. It is flawed. i even have my own theories according to it. so lets just leave it at that.

edit: denying absolute truth in an arguement while defending MBTI?
    Who said I defended MBTI?

7w8 SCUxI

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post

Do you want us to discuss about Kuhn, Koyré, Feyerabend, Habermas, or Lakatos? Which system has your preference?

Who said I defended MBTI?
    Who are Kuhn, Koyré, Feyerabend, Habermas, or Lakatos?

I don't understand why you are arguing if you are not defending the MBTI.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.