User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Default INTP vs INTJ - who is more manipulative?

both in their "average" states, and in terms of potentiality.

I would have thought an INTJ tends to in an average state to have more wish to manipulate - though they are forced to do so more in terms of "stragically orienting a conversation" rather than through feeling, because their Fi blocks that. This gives them less manipulative potentiality than the Ti-Fe combination of the INTP.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

INTJs... those rat bastards.
    Likes thehealer liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

INTP

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Not sure, but I think INTJ manipulation is more transparent.

Define manipulate.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    Not sure, but I think INTJ manipulation is more transparent.
    I agree.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Okay, I see we're cycling back to NTs in the "Let's poke and prod a type for a month" game. In all fairness, though, an NT started it.

So anyway, as usual, I think all types can be manipulative if they develop poorly. I really didn't know INTX had the stereotype of manipulating people. I just know there's an INTJ stereotype of vindictiveness and an INTP stereotype of...well,....not giving a crap one way or another.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Actually, I don't think either INTP or INTJ are particularly manipulative types. ENFx are the ones that I think of. They are so damn charming about it. You know they're doing it (not necessarily in a negative sense) but don't really care.

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I've never perceived INTJ or INTP as manipulative as a type. Some PEOPLE are manipulative, but I'm not sure its really related to MBTI. Manipulation can be a form of power/control though, so if either of them may be more likely than the other to want to control their external environment, I'd probably guess INTJ just because if their drive to accomplish things.

In my mind though, I'm more apt to call it 'planning'... which I suppose can be a form of manipulation. I don't deliberately try to manipulate people though. I don't understand them. They're too much of a wild card in my planning so I try not to rely on anyone's actions but my own when 'manipulating' or trying to make something come to fruition.

Really any kind of action that influences the outsome of something can be considered manipulation. What we may be talking about in the OP is malicious manipulation where people are used and thrown away on the quest for something.

I find that kind of behaviour immoral and borderline criminal. I do, however, believe that if you want something to happen... you should try to make it happen.
    Embrace the possibilities.
    Likes Litsnob liked this post

The one with the highest ego.