MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post

Perhaps she's enfj?
    That's what I thought but could never be sure on J/P. She ultimately tested as ENFP and I think it's probably right.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by highlander29 View Post
    That's what I thought but could never be sure on J/P. She ultimately tested as ENFP and I think it's probably right.

Fe/Ni is way different than Ne/Fi, I wouldn't think one would get too confused on ENFJ/ENFP as much as entp/enfp, infp/enfp or infj/enfj, entj/enfj.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

SolitaryWalker seems to be having fun.

Interesting how manipulation makes everybody think manipulation of people.

I wish I could manipulate more stuff. I'd be shocked if any INTP doesn't want to be able to manipulate things. Such ability serves as an indicator of complete understanding. I don't really see what this question accomplishes though. There is no answer as the terms could mean any number of things.
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by BlueGray View Post
    SolitaryWalker seems to be having fun.

Interesting how manipulation makes everybody think manipulation of people.

I wish I could manipulate more stuff. I'd be shocked if any INTP doesn't want to be able to manipulate things. Such ability serves as an indicator of complete understanding. I don't really see what this question accomplishes though. There is no answer as the terms could mean any number of things.
    I don't understand why people seem to be so against this particular question being asked. :s Why would it be expected to accomplish any more or any less than any other question about the behaviour of MBTI types? :confused: I had my reasons for asking, and nobody is forced to answer/read.

Regarding "manipulation", I just meant it in the sense of indirectly getting people to do/tell you what you want them to, basically.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

Quote Originally Posted by HomerSoprano View Post
    INTJ. Bullying type of manipulation

INTP. Self victimisation type of manipulation
    Exactly.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Fe/Ni is way different than Ne/Fi, I wouldn't think one would get too confused on ENFJ/ENFP as much as entp/enfp, infp/enfp or infj/enfj, entj/enfj.
    Good point. Until I came onto this forum, I was not too well versed in the introverted vs. extraverted functions. I sort of lumped them together. I'm still learning this.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

By that do you mean essentially who gets along better with people, which is the better social type?

The problem I see with the question is that it isn't any specific behavior. It's many, many behaviors all falling into one category. It's like which type is happier, or which type is smarter. The words cover many things for any one person and cover vast amounts more once different people's viewpoints have been introduced.
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by HomerSoprano View Post
    INTJ. Bullying type of manipulation

INTP. Self victimisation type of manipulation
    Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    Exactly.
    I disagree. I've never met a 'bully' INTJ. They're too wrapped up in their heads to care about others enough to bully them. If someone disagrees with their ideals, most INTJs will just (overconfidently and often unjustly) write them off as idiots and go about their way. They have the 'I've presented you with the facts and if you're too stupid to understand what they add up to, then you aren't worth my time' attitude.

INTPs that I've met are only ever concerned with this frustrating idea that they CAN'T possibly know everything and so they learn, and learn, and learn, but it doesn't make them any happier... it only frustrates them more. In this they may feel 'cheated' or 'victimized' by an unfair world... but then they'll say 'Who am I do define fair or unfair?' and they go back to being content with just learning until the whole thing bubbles up again.

Neither of them are particularly worried about others and manipulating them into doing something or saying something just to satisfy a selfish goal. They're too caught up in their own projects and thoughts. Not that they're ABOVE doing this when it is needed... but they'll justify it with a noble/idealistic thought of 'This is better in the big picture' and so they are willing to sacrifice the 'pawns'. They will always justify it (as any good criminal would), and probably never see it as manipulation per se.

Having said all that... I still think you guys are way off base. If you want to find underlying motives for behaviour, MBTI is probably not your best bet. Enneagram types would (in my opinion) have a lot more to do with this subject.
    Embrace the possibilities.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

It seems like if you knew anything about Ni you would understand that..:
    I happen to know quite a bit about Ni.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...j-profile.html

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...j-profile.html

The fact that this is your type tells me little about your personality or what you know or what you've learned.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/