User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    I know an ENFJ and I find it offensive that my friend be compared to your cat.
    I find it offensive that my cat be compared to your friend. He's so much better than that. <shakes a poop stick in the iconoclast's direction>

Quote Originally Posted by Cool View Post
    Fuck man, loosen up your asshole once in a while.
    Why does that sound so sexual?
    Likes thepumpkinpot liked this post

Senior Member ObliviousExistence's Avatar
    MBTI
    loco
    Enneagram
    5W4

INTPs are good at unknowingly manipulating themselves.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

yeah... my point still holds
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Quote Originally Posted by ObliviousExistence View Post
    INTPs are good at unknowingly manipulating themselves.
    You know too much. You must be eliminated. Resistance is futile; your super Ni and contingency plans will not save you.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    I find it offensive that my cat be compared to your friend. He's so much better than that. <shakes a poop stick in the iconoclast's direction>

Why does that sound so sexual?
    lol it's not suppose to sound sexual, it's just my way of telling someone to calm down.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    Manipulative seems to carry a derogation connotation, which would contradict Isabel Myer's philosophy to describe types positively and in terms of their potential
    Yes, I agree. I like the word persuasion better.

I'm for some strange reason reminded of my oldest daughter (ENFP) who, at three years old, when I was playing that I was being a monster said, "stop. i'm the boss of you." and then proceeded to order me around for the next fifteen minutes. I was horribly manipulated there. She absolutely got me to do what she wanted.

Senior Member ObliviousExistence's Avatar
    MBTI
    loco
    Enneagram
    5W4

I think the term I was looking for is, self-deception. INTPs are prone to self-deception

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    You know too much. You must be eliminated. Resistance is futile; your super Ni and contingency plans will not save you.
    Dream on, nothing can touch me, your haphazard INTP mind is no match for my superiorly acute and organized Ni (whatever that means).

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Regarding the points about if manipulation is derogatory or if INTP's or INTJ's are prone to manipulation:

I'm not at all prone to manipulation and obviosuly I see it as an undesirable trait. Violence is also an undesirable trait, so is lying. But sometimes you might have to fight someone, sometimes youmight have to tell a lie, and soemtimes you might have to manipulate someone towards a noble end. For an example what if you are forced to deny your true views because they can get you sacked by a despotic boss, but you still want to find allies so you can change things, so you are forced to subtly win their trust, but not out of Fe/Fi, but because of your Ti/Te plans - which can still be noble in the wider sense.

There are all sorts of scenarios which is why I don't want to derail the fundamental point with details.

Finally the reason I chose INTP/INTJ is because they are two types I'm most interested in with regards to this question, simple as that really.
    Dream on, nothing can touch me, your haphazard INTP mind is no match for my superiorly acute and organized Ni (whatever that means).
    Isn't Ni meant to be chaotic? :s
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    Hell, that's how I figured my cat is an ENFJ as its very active (E), focused on living things (F) and definitely very consistent in its habits (J)!
    How did you know your Cat is an N and not a S? For all we know, it could be an ESFJ!

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    That's wonderful, but none of this is telling me that you know what a function is.
    I wasn't trying. LOLZ. I don't care about trying to prove my theories to the rest of the world necessarily. It seems like if you knew anything about Ni you would understand that. I learned that from Sim, I believe, an awesome functionite from whom I've learned a lot here; and I've learned a lot about function theory from Eric B, although it gets a little too detail oriented for my personality.

Quote Originally Posted by highlander29 View Post
    Yes, I agree. I like the word persuasion better.

I'm for some strange reason reminded of my oldest daughter (ENFP) who, at three years old, when I was playing that I was being a monster said, "stop. i'm the boss of you." and then proceeded to order me around for the next fifteen minutes. I was horribly manipulated there. She absolutely got me to do what she wanted.

Perhaps she's enfj?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com