User Tag List

First 210111213 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by visaisahero View Post
    Ti/Ne and Ni/Te are both capable of manipulation; it really depends on the effectiveness of the individual.

I know several INTJs and INTPs in real life, and all the INTPs are far better at "manipulation" (I'd rather call it political savvy) than the INTJs. The INTJs I know TRY to manipulate people and scenarios to suit their needs, but it's painfully obvious and seldom effective. The INTPs on the other hand tend to quietly always get their way through subtler means.
    This sounds like my experiences too. The INTP is more adaptable and through Ne-Fe backed up by Ti, can really "live" the bullshit, i.e. momentarily believe the line they are spinning.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    Well, your insistence on empirical evidence - in order to "legitimize" the functions in the eyes of others rather than just your own - sounds like Extraverted Thinking to me.
    I never required any empirical evidence, go back and reread my posts. I only insisted that you provide a definition of Te.

To demonstrate it with causal rationality that everyone can agree on, so long as they just look at the evidence and follow the steps. I'm not saying that's somehow bad, by the way, I was just making a joke.

Is that the definition?
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    I never required any empirical evidence, go back and reread my posts. I only insisted that you provide a definition of Te.
    Buh? You criticised what I was saying because it doesn't benefit "an empirical approach":

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    The problem with your remark and his is that typology as conceived of by Jung is a study of the human mind or people's cognitive habits. These matters aren't easily researchable empirically because people's behavior does not indicate the nature of their mind-states with sufficient precision. An equation of behavior with mind-states has long been regarded as untenable by all academic disciplines with the minor exception of some spurious sub-disciplines in psychology.

Until neuroscience is able to precisely identify the nature of our cognitive states and their neural causes, we will not be able to employ an empirical approach in the study of typology. Since that is the case, a scientific inquiry into the subject or psychological and sociological cannot be acceptable. This result leaves us with no choice but to embrace the philosophical method of inquiry.
    But regardless, my response was a joke, and you're obviously a humourless bastard who doesn't want to play, so I'll leave you alone.
    Hello

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Buh? You criticised what I was saying because it doesn't benefit "an empirical approach":
    No, because it had a number of conceptual flaws. I don't even need to cite any empirical fact to refute what you came up with.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    INTP

I would say that INTPs have more potential to be better manipulator then INTJs. INTP spend most of their life understanding principle of arguments. When I try to convince someone (not in a bad way) I (INTP) always analyze the situation from objective point of view to figure out what the situation is. Each of my word that I say or write is carefully thought out to convince other people to believe what I say is correct. I make sure that I appear like I actually believe what I say and magnify facts that support my argument and reduce the importance or not mention facts that I can think of, that would disagree with my statement that I present to other people. So basically everything INTPs say is well thought out argument to achieve what they logically planned out in their head to convince other people to look at things from the point of view that they constructed.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Sorry for my bad english. Just simple, extrovert people usually more manipulative than introvert people.
    I guess both ENTP and ESFJ that always could be manipulative. ESFJ with emotional manipulation skill, and ENTP with rational manipulation skill.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by visaisahero View Post
    Ti/Ne and Ni/Te are both capable of manipulation; it really depends on the effectiveness of the individual.

I know several INTJs and INTPs in real life, and all the INTPs are far better at "manipulation" (I'd rather call it political savvy) than the INTJs. The INTJs I know TRY to manipulate people and scenarios to suit their needs, but it's painfully obvious and seldom effective. The INTPs on the other hand tend to quietly always get their way through subtler means.

Then and again, to be fair, the INTPs I know are older and more matured than the INTJs, who are mostly still struggling to come into their own. I would say it boils down to having an acute understanding of other people's motivations, wants and needs- I think Ti/Ne is better suited to it than Ni/Te, but I'm biased being Ne/Ti myself. Go figure.
    Lol, it's obvious when INTJs manipulate? I didn't know that. I can't really remember the last time I ever tried it(though I know I have tried at some point) but I don't know if I ever realized it was obvious. Though, I am sure I would have realized I failed. That definitely doesn't sound good

MBTI
    ENTJ

INTJ's of course are better at manipulation but both probably equally have same amount of Machiavellian tendencies (just one is better at it than the other). While both can share the same intentions of wanting to manipulate, the INTJ has better follow through with plans than the perceiving INTP. So yes INTJ are more calculating and better with their manipulation.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Honestly, I think this depends more on how you define manipulation. INTJs and INTPs are better at different kinds of manipulation. INTPs are better at manipulating things on the dot and without planning. (in retrospect though, I feel like I can see through it a lot) But they do manipulate people pretty well now that I think about it.

But INTJs are better when it is planned in advanced. They can't do the same on-the-spot type of manipulation that INTPs do naturally, but I actually think I have manipulated some things before. And it is usually something that is more planned in advanced(with my Ni-Te)- times I have tried to do it on the dot I think might have failed now that I think of it. And those times were when I was more immature as well. I think age is a big factor in determining this too. We just have different skills, that's all.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Different types of manipulation, but both can excel at it in certain individuals.

Ti-Ne or Ne-Ti manipulation was rather well characterized in the movie "Catch Me if You Can'". They can play with perception and internal ideas to influence what you think. They are be quick to pick up on linguistic nuances and copy these to achieve various ends. This approach is skilled at controlling the internal perceptions of others to achieve personal ends.

example of INTP or ENTP manipulation style

I agree that Ni-Te or Te-Ni manipulation is more strategic and focuses more on external behaviors. I knew one perfectly nice INTJ who enjoy conceptualizing ways to control behavior. For example, he knew an individual who weighed 500lbs and who lived in a parasitic manner, so the INTJ enjoyed conceptualizing treadmills that would reward such an individual with intermittent snacks, but maintaining less calorie intake than expenditure to effective control behaviors. An INTJ that desired to manipulate could easily study behavioral therapy and then apply its principles. Sheldon Cooper demonstrates this.

example of INTJ or ENTJ manipulation style
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.
    Likes PeaceBaby liked this post