User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

As an INTP, I notice I have great potential when it comes to manipulation. But I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I indulged myself in those practices with evil intent.

So I keep to the tiny little manips for everyones best interest.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
    The one with the highest ego.
    I have noticed that people with egos are the least good at manipulating people. They since have an ego are unbending and are no flexible enough to manipulate cunningly.

Pushy maybe but not manipulative.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    I have noticed that people with egos are the least good at manipulating people. They since have an ego are unbending and are no flexible enough to manipulate cunningly.

I agree, it's the ones that pretend to have a super ego in order to market them as more appeasable by doing so obviously self depricating, that you need to be very, very worried about..
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

I have an ego, but I definitely know how to manipulate. It is because I know how people work, or said person.

But I can see the INTJs being more manipulative.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    I have an ego, but I definitely know how to manipulate. It is because I know how people work, or said person.
    Narcissistic maybe? But not ego. Aren't they different?

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I like what you are getting at here. But I agree with orly (?) that people with healthy egoes are just less likely to manipulate, not that they can't easily do it, myself included.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Where do you see the difference? I don't think of my self as narcissistic.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    Assuming that people do process and perceive the world differently (as typology does), philosophy can certainly be a great way of understanding those differing perspectives. So it's not total bupkis.
    The problem with your remark and his is that typology as conceived of by Jung is a study of the human mind or people's cognitive habits. These matters aren't easily researchable empirically because people's behavior does not indicate the nature of their mind-states with sufficient precision. An equation of behavior with mind-states has long been regarded as untenable by all academic disciplines with the minor exception of some spurious sub-disciplines in psychology.

Until neuroscience is able to precisely identify the nature of our cognitive states and their neural causes, we will not be able to employ an empirical approach in the study of typology. Since that is the case, a scientific inquiry into the subject or psychological and sociological cannot be acceptable. This result leaves us with no choice but to embrace the philosophical method of inquiry.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

Riva

Dear child,

On this particular post I am pointing out to you by asking you a question that there is a difference between ego and narcissism.

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    Where do you see the difference? I don't think of my self as narcissistic.
    In this particular post you are telling me there is NO difference by asking me where I see the difference between ego and narcissism.

--------------------------------

WTF?

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    The problem with your remark and his is that typology as conceived of by Jung is a study of the human mind or people's cognitive habits. These matters aren't easily researchable empirically because people's behavior does not indicate the nature of their mind-states with sufficient precision. An equation of behavior with mind-states has long been regarded as untenable by all academic disciplines with the minor exception of some spurious sub-disciplines in psychology.

Until neuroscience is able to precisely identify the nature of our cognitive states and their neural causes, we will not be able to employ an empirical approach in the study of typology. Since that is the case, a scientific inquiry into the subject or psychological and sociological cannot be acceptable. This result leaves us with no choice but to embrace the philosophical method of inquiry.
    Gosh I like you. You sound so cold and rational.

But I like to imagine you as Data from Star trek. He is also cold and rational but has a cute aura that makes us ALL forget he is a cold blooded (no blooded) android.

But since you do not have a cute aura to yourself you only sound like an android. Not a cute one either.

----------------

Ps - Are you an android?