User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Thread: NTPs: Leaders?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Personally, I find some of the methods used by NTPs to be very odd...
    None work in a steady pace, they all kind of sit around recuperating and then spring into action and get things done very fast.
    It works really well, and they can handle all sorts of weird crisis scenarios awfully good.
    Haha, even though you said this over 1.5 years ago, it's so true. Good observation. I LOL'd at "they all sit around recuperating.................."

I swear, when I'm in Ti mode people think I'm doing *nothing*. Like I'm just staring at the wall or something. Actually, what I'm doing is devouring information at the speed of light, so that I can goof around later that night and don't have to think about work all weekend. And, just cuz I have no desire to work 74 hours a week, doesn't mean I'm lazy. It means I have a life away from work. This isn't aimed at you YLJ, aimed at workaholics around the globe, who think that anyone who works less hours than them is............"doing nothing".
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Haha, even though you said this over 1.5 years ago, it's so true. Good observation. I LOL'd at "they all sit around recuperating.................."

I swear, when I'm in Ti mode people think I'm doing *nothing*. Like I'm just staring at the wall or something. Actually, what I'm doing is devouring information at the speed of light, so that I can goof around later that night and don't have to think about work all weekend. And, just cuz I have no desire to work 74 hours a week, doesn't mean I'm lazy. It means I have a life away from work. This isn't aimed at you YLJ, aimed at workaholics around the globe, who think that anyone who works less hours than them is............"doing nothing".
    Hey, a resourceful NP or SP beats most Js when it matters. Seen it happen so many times it's impossible to count. :b A very few select Js who have mastered something can indeed work in that insane pace all the time, though... That can be scary as hell.
    I mean, some of the J electricians i've seen out there... Crap! :O

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ENTP

they all sit around recuperating
    HAHA THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I'M DOING NOW

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Hey, a resourceful NP or SP beats most Js when it matters. Seen it happen so many times it's impossible to count. :b A very few select Js who have mastered something can indeed work in that insane pace all the time, though... That can be scary as hell.
    I mean, some of the J electricians i've seen out there... Crap! :O
    Sssshhhh. Don't tell the other J's this. It'll be our little secret.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Sssshhhh. Don't tell the other J's this. It'll be our little secret.
    If you say so :O "It'll be our little secret" is such a movie pedophile phrase. *shudders* xD

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

If you say so :O "It'll be our little secret" is such a movie pedophil phrase. *shudders* xD
    Hahaha. *realizes he's been exposed*. No, I just mean a lot of J's wouldn't confess that a P could outperform them or be more productive for even 1 second.

We're just inconsistent, that's all. We're productive in spurts. Nothing for several hours (except reading, learning, observing, thinking).............and then when it gets to be crunch time or a crisis hits, WHAMO. It's action time. And I'm getting it done as fast and efficiently as humanly possible. No time wasted on silly stuff. Bingo. Bamo. Done. But, yeah, we can't keep that up for super long periods of time. J's are marathon runners who jog at a nice steady pace. P's are sprinters who run really fast, then need to take a break. Then run really fast again, take another break.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Hahaha. *realizes he's been exposed*. No, I just mean a lot of J's wouldn't confess that a P could outperform them or be more productive for even 1 second.

We're just inconsistent, that's all. We're productive in spurts. Nothing for several hours (except reading, learning, observing, thinking).............and then when it gets to be crunch time or a crisis hits, WHAMO. It's action time. And I'm getting it done as fast and efficiently as humanly possible. No time wasted on silly stuff. Bingo. Bamo. Done. But, yeah, we can't keep that up for super long periods of time. J's are marathon runners who jog at a nice steady pace. P's are sprinters who run really fast, then need to take a break. Then run really fast again, take another break.
    Yeps. This is also pretty much why Ps and especially NPs should work in areas where there's downtime and spurts of action. Like soldiering, healthcare and stuff that requires a touch of that P-type inspiration™.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Yeps. This is also pretty much why Ps and especially NPs should work in areas where there's downtime and spurts of action. Like soldiering, healthcare and stuff that requires a touch of that P-type inspiration™.
    Mainly, we just like to be our own boss, so that we can decide when we are inspired. It's hard to force inspiration. Like if someone goes, "Hey!!!! I have an emergency. I waited until the very last minute to do something and now I desperately need your help." How am I supposed to be inspired or motivated by that? But, yeah, if something crops up naturally that requires quick action, then we're usually able to handle those situations fairly well.

MBTI
    INTP

Hrm... in my experience INTPs can make effective leaders under the following conditions:

1) the organization is small

2) the organization is composed of highly motivated/talented people

3) Their leaders feed them challenging assignments and shield them as much as possible from the mundane.
    4) The individual is carefully selected for her/his ability to have developed at least a minimal competence in personal interactions (no, all INTPs are not socially crippled – many of them, esp. as they grow older have reasonably well developed social skills).

I've seen this combination work before when these people were given leadership roles in small, specialized elements tasked with unusual or unusually difficult assignments. Load them down with alot of bureaucratic procedures and tasks - they get bored, frustrated and fizzle.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

MBTI
    INTP

That is why my prefered role in any orginization is to be called in to deliver specific results relevant to my skill sets and I don't mind doing that in difficult environments. Sort of a class fireman role - but leave me the heck alone in between times. However there is always stuff to do in between crisis modes - and that is why my situation which offers me a little time in the field, a little time in the lab, and a little time in the office works well. Keeps me from getting stale and bored.

But honestly... I'm great in a crisis: when everybody is wigging out I'm normally pretty cool and effective.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups