User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: NTPs: Leaders?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    When you make statements like the bolded you are forgetting about Ni's influence on Te. We may not appear as though we are adapting but that is because we have already foreseen most scenarios.
    Anyone can draw arrows on a map and predict outcomes. Its what happens in the battlefield that matters.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    "Mao Tze Tung... J.
    And there we have the inventors of modern guerilla warfare."

I do suspect thr Scots were indulging in gerilla warfar LONG before that, and I'm sure they weren't the only ones.
    Yes, raiding parties etc. Hit and run.
    I see what you're saying, and I agree.
    Mao and Che along with several others, have created the modern variant of it, though.
    Good thinking, though.

It's a lot about psychology, what could probably best be described as modern day terrorism.
    It's not a question about how many you kill, it's how, when and why.
    They had the screws, bolts and parts from all over the world, but they made it into a running car. So to speak.

Too many variables to call it a lack of imagination, too.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    Anyone can draw arrows on a map and predict outcomes. Its what happens in the battlefield that matters.
    Agreed. That is why Te is valuable in these situations. It is implementing that counts on the battlefield.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Yes, raiding parties etc. Hit and run.
    I see what you're saying, and I agree.
    Mao and Che along with several others, have created the modern variant of it, though.
    Good thinking, though.

It's a lot about psychology, what could probably best be described as modern day terrorism.
    It's not a question about how many you kill, it's how, when and why.
    They had the screws, bolts and parts from all over the world, but they made it into a running car. So to speak.

Too many variables to call it a lack of imagination, too.
    sny tribal of clan cluture will lend itself toward gureillar warfare because they lack popuation... Vikings come to mind too, and tribal cultures in Arica of old and present day... not sure if it trurely classed in that way, but where strategy lends people higher power than their numbers would allow.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENTP

Depends what you're leading.

I have no desire to lead/supervise of bunch of people getting paid $10 an hour.

I would however love to lead a professional sports team. I believe Marc Cuban (owner of Dallas Mavericks) is typed as ENTP by some people

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Tho its a thing prolly noone likes to admit, but I work best as a follower. I was made a leader often in my life and I am prolly still to some, but that's a different kind of leader.

I have the problem in doing quick decisions. I tend to think too long. And I think and work best, when there is someone at the helm setting the pace. In that moments I even start to think faster than the one at the helm and anticipate things, so make for a valueable team member.

I am playing that spaceship combat game at the moment and there it shows best. If I'ld be concerned with delegating the problems of everyone, I would be totally overstrained. It does not only narrow down my capability of finding solutions to problems but also does exhaust me.

It's a good thing to have a fast-paced decision maker at the helm and it's the only opportunity for me to show my double-fast paced skills, cause without a helmsman like that, I'ld get caught up in thoughts.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Tho its a thing prolly noone likes to admit, but I work best as a follower. I was made a leader often in my life and I am prolly still to some, but that's a different kind of leader.

I have the problem in doing quick decisions. I tend to think too long. And I think and work best, when there is someone at the helm setting the pace. In that moments I even start to think faster than the one at the helm and anticipate things, so make for a valueable team member.

I am playing that spaceship combat game at the moment and there it shows best. If I'ld be concerned with delegating the problems of everyone, I would be totally overstrained. It does not only narrow down my capability of finding solutions to problems but also does exhaust me.

It's a good thing to have a fast-paced decision maker at the helm and it's the only opportunity for me to show my double-fast paced skills, cause without a helmsman like that, I'ld get caught up in thoughts.
    I agree with entropie! I make a pretty good assistant leader or second in demand but not as much a main leader.

I hate having to make the decisions. Give me a job and I can do it. Give me a team of people and I can often get them doing it. Give me a team of poeple and tell me to tell them what to do and I'm screwed!!!!!

Leaders need to direct/push people into the right direction but I hate telling people what to do. I can get poeple thinking about what to do but not tell them what to do!

So I think unless your in a really democratic group ENTPs are not good leaders. If you are in a democratic creative group though I think ENTPs are probably one of the best leaders.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Actually, I think NTPs might make better leaders than managers. At least, that's how it seems to me.

A lot of the things managers do seem like glorified admin assistance (keeping track of random details, following up, keeping details organized), while leadership is more about thinking things through, strategic analysis, and making important decisions. To me, leadership seems exciting, while management seems like drudgery.

(To clarify, admin assistants are very valuable, I love working with them, I'm just saying that it's something I would hate and be horrible at.)

MBTI
    entp

This thread should be titled: "NTPs: Managers" - the word 'leader' limits what a true leader should be; the word 'manager' is much more inclusive.

What matters more than type is what motivates you and how you view the world:
    -do you WANT to be the leader that tells his troops what to do or supports his troops in everything they do?
    -is your sole purpose is to meet the objective set out by your superiors or do you care about your troops enough to help them develop to?

THEN and only then can you speculate about type suitabilities:
    General rules:

Js need to be more empathetic:
    -be open to other people's idea. give other ideas a fair chance.
    -DO yourself (to a lesser degree) the tasks you expect others to do so you gain an appreciation for photocopying a 3000 page ledger.
    -Be kind. Its (usually) more beneficial than being right.

Ps need to be more disciplined and structured:
    -by thinking before making decision. let the decision percolate in your head for a bit before taking action.
    -BE more inflexible. Let go of the comfort you find in fluidity of life.
    -have a logical explanation for changing your decisions.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

If we're painting with very broad strokes, the type I'd most like to follow would - hands down - be an "ethical ENTJ." I've seen good INTJ leaders, but the ENTJ's are so much more ready and willing to network and engage with people. ENTJ's are better suited to "lead a large organization", whereas the INTJ might lead a small group of people or just themselves and one other person. ENTP's are awesome in their creativity and all that, and I've seen them make good leaders too. But, if they're always "out to lunch" or "taking the day off", it's kind of hard to follow that. If my boss was like that, I'd probably just stop communicating with him and do everything myself. I'd feel like I couldn't rely on him. And that's why ENTJ's are good. Outgoing *and* consistent. And they have good vision. INTP's = out to lunch *and* introverted.

I'm capable of leading, but it takes me so far away from the things I'm best at (working independently and efficiently on my own) that when the project gets "too large" I start to feel a bit like a fish out of water.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay