User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Default INTJ censoring your remarks

I have an INTJ father that can say almost anything to critzise someone else, even his own family. And heīs nearly 60 years old. Heīs starting to realize that his untactful comments arenīt welcome anymore.

So my question is for INTJīs in general. When did you realize that you have to think about what you say? Have you even realized this?

I know there are other MBTI types that can unintentionally insult people but imo INTJīs are the worst.
    Last edited by HomerSoprano; 01-31-2010 at 04:51 AM.

MBTI
    INTJ

My father is an INTJ also, and he has always been good about thinking before he speaks. So, I learned from his example. My INTJ brother seems to have learned by his example as well. It's not that we don't make mistakes now and then, but for the most part we all try to take a "you attract more flies with honey than vinegar" approach to life.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by HomerSoprano View Post
    I have an INTJ father that can say almost anything to critzise someone else, even his family. And heīs nearly 60 years old. Heīs starting to realize that his comments arenīt welcome anymore.

So my question is for for INTJīs in general. When did you realize that you have to think about what you say? Have you even realized this?

I know there are other MBTI types that can unintentionally insult people but imo INTJīs are the worst.
    When I was about 18 and realized that the shit that came out of my mouth could make life harder for me as well as draw unwanted attention to myself. I had to work on facial expression as well.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    My father is an INTJ also, and he has always been good about thinking before he speaks. So, I learned from his example. My INTJ brother seems to have learned by his example as well. It's not that we don't make mistakes now and then, but for the most part we all try to take a "you attract more flies with honey than vinegar" approach to life.
    3 INTJs in one family? Are you sure? Isn't that a sign of the apocalypse...or the cause thereof?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I was taught to have proper manners at a young age. I have therefore always found it immature and childish to call people names or insult them. Criticising is of course different and I expect people not to take it personally. Only to improve themselves. I do not criticise with the emotion of anger though. Destructiveness is the production of anger and hatred and getting things done with the emotion of anger means that one's perception of the world is faulty.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

I have an INTJ father that can say almost anything to critzise someone else, even his family. And heīs nearly 60 years old. Heīs starting to realize that his comments arenīt welcome anymore.

So my question is for for INTJīs in general. When did you realize that you have to think about what you say? Have you even realized this?

About 4 or 5 years old. It doesn't really take much working out.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

This past year I've become noticeably more tactful...mostly with strangers/acquaintances and friends. I'm 25. I think it's been MBTI related. Once you acquire a certain level of self-awareness you watch your words and actions more carefully.

Still working on it with family. I don't seem to censor myself with them at all.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    Wait a second . . . are you trying to convince us that you, your dad, and your brother are all INTJs? Are you aware that MBTI is non-hereditary and that the actual percentage of INTJs is minuscule? Moreover, do you know that the probability of something like that occurring one in one gazillion . . . at least?

No freaking way.

What type is your mom? No wait, I think I already know.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    nnnn

I'll think about what I say if you think about what I say.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    Criticising is of course different and I expect people not to take it personally. Only to improve themselves. I do not criticise with the emotion of anger though. Destructiveness is the production of anger and hatred and getting things done with the emotion of anger means that one's perception of the world is faulty.
    But critisism can also be presented in the wrong way. Like my dad can critisise someone just for the sake critisising. And critisism is not always welcome or neccesary. Which Iīve found INTJīs have hard to understand.