• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] what NTs look for in a potential mate

G

GirlAmerica

Define the following characteristics-

Physical:

Emotional:

Mental:

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Physical: Attractive

Emotional: Uncrazy

Mental: Smarties!

lazyhappy

Physical: not looking like a aristocrate... laid-back if u will

Emotional: uhh... i want someone to have some strong emotions... not like the sob-story emo type but the "Bush is a freaking dumbass!"- rant off on anger type

Mental: smart and open-minded

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Physical: not looking like a aristocrate... laid-back if u will

Emotional: uhh... i want someone to have some strong emotions... not like the sob-story emo type but the "Bush is a freaking dumbass!"- rant off on anger type

Mental: smart and open-minded

Do you find that you have an attraction for those with a more-accessible emotional base?

lazyhappy

Do you find that you have an attraction for those with a more-accessible emotional base?

yeah... strangly... is that less like a thinker?... eh what do i care... its just my oppinion. i have fun with those who get carried off on anger emotions... (when i'm angry aboot the same thing too of course... otherwise i'd have no clue what to say...)

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
Physical: A certain standard needs to be met, but generally, people tend to become a lot prettier if I am attracted to their personality. I seem to be especially attracted to brunettes.

Emotional: Not annoyingly emotionally needy.

Mental: Creative and intelligent. Appreciation of my intellect. Able to discuss anything.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
yeah... strangly... is that less like a thinker?... eh what do i care... its just my oppinion. i have fun with those who get carried off on anger emotions... (when i'm angry aboot the same thing too of course... otherwise i'd have no clue what to say...)

You presume that I would know... :)

My question was self-referential -- I feel the same (approximate) way you do.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In terms of looks, I could go very deeply into detail about each little thing that I find more attractive, but I don't know if I should bother.
I must agree with Splittet on this:

Physical: A certain standard needs to be met, but generally, people tend to become a lot prettier if I am attracted to their personality.

So it only matters so much anyway.

Emtionally speaking, I think I'm unusually apt to deal with neediness for an INTP. I kind of want somebody that smothers me, as weird as that sounds.
It gives me a purpose, and makes me feel better. I definitely seem to prefer F's over T's. I want somebody that's very nice, too.

Mentally?
Aren't emotions a mental process?
Anyway... I don't actually need a girl that's very smart to tell you the truth.
I don't want someone who's ignorant, though. Even if she's kind of dim, she needs to be open to discussion, and at least willing to try to understand.

I'm really, really not looking for someone much like myself.

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Physical: Good looking.

Emotional: *Stable* emotionally. Is calm and relaxed. Warm, caring and giving. Has integrity. Is a moral person. Respects other people's opinions and doesn't get hysterical if different from hers.

Mental: Smart and competent in own area that is different from mine. I want to respect my mate in terms of intelligence without us having to compete in an area of expertise. I want us to be complementary, like in a team, and not trying to one-up each other or prove who is the smartest.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
... people tend to become a lot prettier if I am attracted to their personality. I seem to be especially attracted to brunettes.

Emotional: Not annoyingly emotionally needy.

Mental: Creative and intelligent. Appreciation of my intellect. Able to discuss anything.

Edited to fit me. (I'm lazy, what can I say?)

I love people who can feel passion or be idealistic... but not when they become emotionally needy and demanding or imposing -- I want to run as soon as someone seems clingy or dependent.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Physical: Yes. Incorporeal partners can be difficult to explain at family dinners.

Emotional: Preferably not. Or at least, if they are, able to restrain it and not liable to use it as leverage. Edit - passionate, yes, but emotional and/or sentimental - no thanks.

Mental: No, preferably not. I'm mental enough for both of us, and I need someone solid and relatively conservative to balance me out. I did say 'relatively'. edit - energetic. If I'm gonna spend a lotta time with someone they need to be pretty mentally energetic and agile. People who are too slow to catch on, or who nitpick and/or need everything spoonfed with examples etc, frustrate me.

Overall, must have a strong sense of propriety and etiquette. To teach me! :D

Last edited:

Usehername

On a mission
Physical: athletic and someone i can find myself attracted to physically in some way
Emotional:
NF male :yes:
Specifically, ENFx. I think ENFPs would drive me nuts, but one who has reasonably mastered follow-through and is consistently punctual is alright with me. ENFJs are what I'm thinking atm. Not against other types but strongly thinking ENFx.
Mental: I can be myself around him. This means throwing ideas around regularly. I want him to enjoy this too, not put up with it.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, physical attraction is indeed important because it reflects a part of a person's overall personality. That's to say that a person's physical attraction must have a personality to my liking. Some people can be physically attractive by mainstream standards, but their physical attraction does not have personality. That to me is not attractive, that's just slutty.

I do not think people like Paris Hilton or Britney Spears are attractive. However, people like Christina Ricci are, because their physical attraction to me, at least, dives deeper into personality. Their attraction displays a morbid, melancholy aura that I draws me. It's a physical attraction that makes me want to explore to greater depths.

In terms of body type, I'm strictly attracted to average. Slim bodies don't attract me that much. I always want some meat on the bones, but not too much.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Physical: athletic and someone i can find myself attracted to physically in some way
Emotional:
NF male :yes:
Specifically, ENFx. I think ENFPs would drive me nuts, but one who has reasonably mastered follow-through and is consistently punctual is alright with me. ENFJs are what I'm thinking atm. Not against other types but strongly thinking ENFx.
Mental: I can be myself around him. This means throwing ideas around regularly. I want him to enjoy this too, not put up with it.

How about an organized INFP who likes the outdoors? :p

Roger Mexico

MBTI Type
INTP
Physical: eh, I'd say "healthy." Jabba and Skeletor need not apply. I guess I tend to think athletic girls are hot. Tennis players in particular, although skaters/snowboarders are also attractive. Of course, a martial-artist type would also imply interesting possibilities. Never been much for models and beauty-pageant types.

Emotional: Available, yet secure. Basically, I'll occasionally need reassurance or support, so she should be approachable at these times, but doesn't need the same much more frequently than I do. I suppose she'd have to be more responsible, by default, for the emotional side of maintaining the relationship, so maybe a mature NF. Idealism and compassion are attractive--mercuriality and impracticality are not.

Mental: Definitely need a smart one. Ideally highly talented in some field in which I am less so. Usually I bond with people over shared intellectual curiosity, so maybe an ENFP or INTJ (dominant intuition) would be best. ISTP chicks are hott, however.

Usehername

On a mission
How about an organized INFP who likes the outdoors? :p

I know one (a superclose friend who unfortunately has lived far away for the past few years) and had a loong, deep crush on him.
This one wants too different things out of life than I do, though. (non-negotiables like kids, etc.)

I'd also be worried we'd never socialize. :blush:

Another weird part of that potential INFP guy is that he's BFF with my ENFP close friend. And teh ENFP would probably be a willing third-wheel, and that would create for weird and probably undesired dynamics when it actually came to one of us deciding how to spend our time without introverting. We'd default to the ENFP!
And prolly make him all lonely b/c we didn't focus on him as much....

MBTI Type
ENTP
GirlAmerica said:
Define the following characteristics-

Physical:
Taller than me, on the thin side, fair, nice face

GirlAmerica said:
Emotional:
assertive, level-headed, similar morals

lazyhappy said:
Emotional: uhh... i want someone to have some strong emotions... but the "Bush is a freaking dumbass!"- rant off on anger type
not that^
I can't stand shrillness.

GirlAmerica said:
witty, articulate, intellectually principled, more knowledgeable than me in any one subject is a turn-on, as long as it's something with abstract aspects, not NASCAR or Star Trek (not that there's anything wrong with knowing a lot about Star Trek, but I won't be impressed)

oh, and no commies

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
hmm.

physical: X-factor. It is an overall package thing.

emotional: emotional honesty & maturity - everyone will have issues, but if we could be open about it, it'd give the relationship a better chance of working it out. That requires a certain maturity/stability though.

mental: able to rally with me, be the reason to my randomness.

fiona

MBTI Type
INTJ
Physical - don't care. In my mind I like tall skinny blokes with curly hair, but have also found guys of totally different body types attractive. Fat, thin, able bodied, in wheelchair, blind, achondroplastic, whatever. Must wash regularly though, and not be so huge they get breathless going upstairs. Don't want to constantly worry they're going to keel over.

Emotional - open about their emotions so I don't have to worry about misreading them. Able to put what they feel into words. Optimistic by nature, outgoing but not a party animal.

Mental - Bright. Very bright. (non-negotiable). Able to take the time to know me and be able to predict my behaviour, and sometimes be a buffer between me and other people.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Physical - don't care. In my mind I like tall skinny blokes with curly hair, but have also found guys of totally different body types attractive. Fat, thin, able bodied, in wheelchair, blind, achondroplastic, whatever. Must wash regularly though, and not be so huge they get breathless going upstairs. Don't want to constantly worry they're going to keel over.

Emotional - open about their emotions so I don't have to worry about misreading them. Able to put what they feel into words. Optimistic by nature, outgoing but not a party animal.

Mental - Bright. Very bright. (non-negotiable). Able to take the time to know me and be able to predict my behaviour, and sometimes be a buffer between me and other people.

I've learnt a new word! :D

I couldn't handle a party animal either. :huh: Too much for me.