• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] what NTs look for in a potential mate

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
I would love to find a guy who's as curious about the world as I am, and would actually like to experience it. I've had an ENTJ guy tell me I was "too smart". ?!
I thought smart was a good thing, but I guess not. I had it explained to me that NT men don't like to have mates that could possibly be smarter than them. This makes no sense to me - if my boyfriend had a higher IQ than I did, I would be proud of him, not see it as a competition. So, I don't entirely believe NT men who say they want an intelligent woman. They want a woman who is reasonably smart without threats of Supreme Intelligence usurpation.

Please don't judge us all by the words of one huge flaming pussy.

MBTI Type
INxJ

It would be a major endeavor to convince other types that NTs are squishy even if we all wrote emotional posts. Even then, the other types would get scared and assume we are planning world domination etc.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't see any problem with a woman who's smarter than me, so long as "smarter" does not mean "I own you and demand anything I want of you since I'm better than you," which is some rather disturbing behavior I've seen in an old INTJ acquaintance (whom I have no relations with and never intend to) with some of her recent mates. It's not really about "smarts," it's about diversity of intelligence; I don't consider someone heavy in logic-bound intelligence but retarded in emotional intelligence a "smart" person by the furthest reach of the definition. The latter of those two is oftentimes harder to deal with. The reverse situation is undesirable of course, as I have a hard time respecting them as an intelligent being without a basic grasp of fundamentals in math/science/etc.

But for someone who's smarter than me on both counts, well, I salute them :)

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
Dang, so the average guy need not apply with the INTJ crowd.

145lbs and 5'10" seemed just normal, but I guess I got bulk up, and rip up before I approach.

EDIT: On the other hand, forget it, I don't need to deal with all this superficiality anyway. :)

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It would be a major endeavor to convince other types that NTs are squishy even if we all wrote emotional posts. Even then, the other types would get scared and assume we are planning world domination etc.

I have experienced the squishy side of NTs, both male and female. It's beautiful, sometimes more so than a usually squishy NF, just for it's rarity in occurance and the amount of vulnerability it displays (which makes my NF heart all :wubbie:). I have felt the heat in the freezer and it is good.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The squishy side is not to be talked about :thelook:

Physical: Taller than me would be good (not hard 5.5 would do it!) and interested in staying fit and active. Other than that I'm not really bothered.

Emotional: Aware and optimistic. That's a must.

Mental: Challenging but not so intelligent he can’t hold a conversation without making my head spin, frivolous can be fun at times.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
I dislike the word squishy . . . it sounds gross.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ok, so I have sharp claws and teeth, but I can be gentle. No one gives me the chance though... :(

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
Ok, so I have sharp claws and teeth, but I can be gentle. No one gives me the chance though... :(

I have a soft gummy outside, if you want to try that, but I warn you, the inside is a hard calloused up dead place that you should avoid at all costs. :devil:

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have a soft gummy outside, if you want to try that, but I warn you, the inside is a hard calloused up dead place that you should avoid at all costs. :devil:

I've noticed :rolli:

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ
Dang, so the average guy need not apply with the INTJ crowd.

145lbs and 5'10" seemed just normal, but I guess I got bulk up, and rip up before I approach.

EDIT: On the other hand, forget it, I don't need to deal with all this superficiality anyway. :)

Meh, if you bulked up you'd just convince the INTJ that you are one of those SP folks! *I kid to those SP's out there*

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ

I am completely down for starting a conspiracy theory to throw off the competition.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Fortunately, for myself and for the many interesting people I shall meet in the future, I don't generally use one person as a template for all others. If that were the case, then the other ENTJ's I've known would cause me to despise my best friend , an ENTJ, whom I love very much.

I have experienced the squishy side of NTs, both male and female. It's beautiful, sometimes more so than a usually squishy NF, just for it's rarity in occurance and the amount of vulnerability it displays (which makes my NF heart all :wubbie:). I have felt the heat in the freezer and it is good.

I think it's a fear of evisceration - they make themselves vulnerable to you, show you their soft underside, hazarding the danger that you might injure them. After all, emotions aren't their strongest point on the field of battle, and romantic relationships can be embattling at times. They don't have an optimistic view of humanity after all, and are putting a great deal of trust in you.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think it's a fear of evisceration - they make themselves vulnerable to you, show you their soft underside, hazarding the danger that you might injure them. After all, emotions aren't their strongest point on the field of battle, and romantic relationships can be embattling at times. They don't have an optimistic view of humanity after all, and are putting a great deal of trust in you.

So in the end it's something to be appreciated when they open up like that. Still :wubbie:

LadyJaye

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
So in the end it's something to be appreciated when they open up like that. Still :wubbie:

Exactly. It's a priviledge for anyone to open up to you, and especially so for those who's natures go against such maneuvers.

reason

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Physical: quality construction, modular design and shiny curves.

Emotional: stable operating system.

Mental: parallel processor with adaptive circuitry.

LadyJaye

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Physical: quality construction, modular design and shiny curves.

Emotional: stable operating system.

Mental: parallel processor with adaptive circuitry.

:D It's robot love! lol

Only I'd like mine with a matte finish please.