User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    infj

I'm sure this depends on lots of other circumstances beyond type (what doesn't :), but would you say that what you're looking for in a potential mate is the same for short term vs long term (or casual vs serious, if you prefer)?

Do you think NTs are more inclined to only seek out potential mates that have long term/serious potential, ie not be interested in short term/casual relationships?

If someone doesn't quite match what you're looking for in a long term "potential mate", do they become...a short term option? A friend? An acquaintance? Forgotten?

MBTI
    INTJ

I would never consider being with someone if I knew it would be short term. I would only date someone if I thought that there could be a chance of marrying them. Anything else would be a waste of time to me.

Edit: Also, because I don't like exposing my emotions, I would consider a short term relationship to be no reason at all to bother making myself vulnerable. I would only do that if I knew it was worth it.

MBTI
    INTJ

Physical: Attractive

Emotional: Self awareness is important, I don't know what you really mean by emotional. I guess I have no emotional requirements.

Mental: Intelligent I guess. They need to be able to keep up with me but they certainly don't need to have had straight As. Imagination is more important than comprehension in my mate, I think.
    wails from the crypt.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by peppermint13 View Post
    I'm sure this depends on lots of other circumstances beyond type (what doesn't , but would you say that what you're looking for in a potential mate is the same for short term vs long term (or casual vs serious, if you prefer)?

Do you think NTs are more inclined to only seek out potential mates that have long term/serious potential, ie not be interested in short term/casual relationships?

If someone doesn't quite match what you're looking for in a long term "potential mate", do they become...a short term option? A friend? An acquaintance? Forgotten?

I always thought T types would have an easier time with casual relationships because they are able to avoid getting involved.

MBTI
    INxJ

In order of importance:

A. Intelligence
    B. Emotionally Demonstrative
    C. Healthy (Mind and Body)
    D. Without Major Prejudice

I don't bother with short term or casual. I don't need company that bad and it would be a serious waste of my time and energy.

MBTI
    INTP

First: no casual relationships at all... if I can't see myself marrying them then there's no point. This also means I need to know them fairly well before starting a relationship.

Physical: taller than me (preferably 6'-6'3") (gotta fit in his arms perfectly), "swimmer builds" are particularly attractive, deep eyes that smile and ponder in and of themselves, usually not real dark hair

Emotional: Steadfast, passionate, can ground me in reality, definitely in touch with his emotions and someone who can bring out mine, probably NF but you never know, I like someone who can be the center of attention/entertainer and also quiet/contemplative/soulful

Mentally: Sharp and insightful, doesn't have to be an A student but intelligence and a quick wit are important

MBTI
    ENTP

Physical: Umm.. To be honest it's not the first thing I look at. I do have a thing for Blue eyes, and Brunettes but I'm pretty flexible.

Emotional: I'd need someone who is quite outwardly emotional to make up for my deficiency in this regard. Self Confidence, and independence are two things I value highly so these would be characteristics I'd be looking for.

Mentally: Don't necesssarily have to have a high of intelligence, but being open minded would be pretty important.
    Good Dog Nigel

Arf, arf, he goes, a merry sight,
    Our little hairy friend,
    Arf, arf, upon the lampost bright
    Arfing round the bend.
    Nice dog! Goo boy,
    Waggie tail and beg,
    Clever Nigel, jump for joy
    Because we're putting you to sleep at three of the clock, Nigel. -John Lennon

MBTI
    ENTP

Physical.. Attractive, not very fond of extremes of body shape. Brown hair and Blue eyes, I'm fairly fond of but it isn't a gamebreaker.

Emotional.. I like people that are a little bit unstable. No idea why.

Mentally.. I like the crazy ones that can match me wit for wit, cut for cut. When it comes down to it, a curiosity is most important. Able to hold a conversation, also.

As far as long/short term.. Bleh. Relationships just kind of happen, truthfully. They last until I get sick of them or they realize I really -don't- treat them any different from my closest friends. At least, that's how it generally goes.

MBTI
    ENTP

Physical - While I do have a propensity to be attracted towards athletic shapes, I don't actually care. If I like someone, I think they're attractive, as long as they're fairly healthy. Height doesn't matter.

Emotional - I'm not sure. I don't like sudden emotional outbursts of anger or sorrow. Especially if I think that they're not justified. I get annoyed with people who 'hate humanity' and moan about despair when their lives are actually quite fine. I also don't like clueless people who make highly judging remarks about others without thinking. I'd like someone who can express his emotions to me, since I'm not too good at that myself.

Mental - Without question, someone who's bright. Who likes making leaps of imagination and applies his intellect. Someone who doesn't find me 'crazy'. And definitely open minded.

And as for casual relationships, I don't know. If it happens, it happens. I wouldn't think about it too much.

MBTI
    INTP

Physical: I usually end up liking the skinny men, but it doesn't really matter.

Emotional: Someone who doesn't expect me to "be there" emotionally for them, all the time. I have a hard time dealing with emotions, and sometimes don't take them into account at all while making decisions. I'm not really capable of appealing to people's emotional sides rather than their rational sides on a frequent basis.

Mental: Intelligence is key. Bonuses would be getting my often-weird sense of humour, not taking himself too seriously and a liking towards arguement / debate.

Casual relationships? Not worth the effort, IMO.
    "He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which."
    Douglas Adams