User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 81

Thread: 50 Famous ENTPs

  1. #31
    Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,934

    Default

    Cloud,


    Are you aware you're behaving like the INTPs and their ridiculous list of so-called "famous INTPs"?
    You like ego-trips? You like to be flattered, to feel important, or to relate with "famous" people?

    Vanity of vanities...

    This list is ridiculous.

    The reasons behind it are ridiculous.

    I was expecting a more more subtle behavior from my fellow ENTPs.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

    7w8 SCUxI

  2. #32
    Babylon Candle Venom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oedipa_Maas View Post
    I lean toward INTP for Oppenheimer.

    And Tesla is INTJ. Edison and Tesla can't be the same type. No way in Hell.
    seconded. He and edison simply cannot be the same type. Watch the biography of Tesla (edison plays a role!) and he just screams INTJ (his personal habits, the style of his insights/knowledge, his socializing style, his rampant paranoia (rather ayn randish paranoia...what is it with you INTJs? ).

    Lastly:
    These threads about one type always turn to shit because it involves all the people from that type running around trying to claim everyone they can (just go read the INFP thread if you want a REALLY good example of this "collect everyone!" behavior...

    threads about a celebrity or a TV show work because there are different types providing input, most people have the same information to work with (the body of work for the show/celebrity), and everyone accepts that not every character they like on a show can be "your type".

  3. #33
    Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    Lastly:
    These threads about one type always turn to shit because it involves all the people from that type running around trying to claim everyone they can (just go read the INFP thread if you want a REALLY good example of this "collect everyone!" behavior...
    The voice of reason. :rolli:
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

    7w8 SCUxI

  4. #34
    Babylon Candle Venom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    The voice of reason. :rolli:
    you disagree? You are completely unaware of this behavior occurring in just about every "single type" thread?

  5. #35
    Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    you disagree? You are completely unaware of this behavior occurring in just about every "single type" thread?
    No, I agree with you.

    I just naively hoped this disease wouldn't spread to our blessed ENTP lands, since we are supposed to never take ourselves seriously.

    Unfortunately... it would seem that eventually we're just as stupid as other types...
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

    7w8 SCUxI

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    384

    Default

    How do you debate a type? I can't do this.

  7. #37
    Alexander the Terrible yenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Cloud,


    Are you aware you're behaving like the INTPs and their ridiculous list of so-called "famous INTPs"?
    You like ego-trips? You like to be flattered, to feel important, or to relate with "famous" people?

    Vanity of vanities...

    This list is ridiculous.

    The reasons behind it are ridiculous.

    I was expecting a more more subtle behavior from my fellow ENTPs.
    No, I am doing it because I don't want Speed Gavroche to do it. If he does one, he'll likely put all the trash people that I disagree with.

    I rather be the one to take the first step then let someone else do a lousy job.
    But if you don't want me to post the so-called famous people, maybe we can put some mediocre people and stupid people in there that no one else would want to talk about.

    Anyway, forget what I said and continue on with the discussion.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

    "In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

    Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

  8. #38
    Priestess Of Syrinx Katsuni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?
    Posts
    1,238

    Default

    Tesla was cool but a total jerk, disney was a REAL jerk, just not publicly, osama bin laden by no means invented terrorism... weird al's awesome but I doubt he's entp.

    Yeu know... these lists always have problems, because it assumes that yeu KNOW these people personally... and yeu don't.

    It always comes down to "well I think this type behaves like this". Yeah, well I'm not the flawless 100% picture perfect stereotypical ENTP either, since I'm not a 6 or 7 type. There's always minor differences, and personal traits which won't fit in "just right". Noone is "the flawless INFJ" or whotever other type yeu want to throw around. Yeu can't really "type" people; they have to type themselves, because type isn't whot yeu think they are, but rather whot their personal preferences are.

    Someone may PREFER and greatly value the abilities of sensors... but may be intuitive themselves. But they go to great lengths to BE a sensor, because they 'are' a sensor. Their brain may not work that way, but it's a measure of values, rather than a measure of how yeu actually think.

    And therein lies the problem... yeu can't type someone else for them, nor can yeu try to 'type' a dead person because they aren't around anymore, and any information yeu have on them means precisely NOTHING, because they may not have acted the way they truly felt they should, due to peer pressure from accepted social norms and so on.

    I figure most ENTP's were probably burned as witches for their ideas, or heretics and so on. So, really, those that may've been innately ENTP but adapted to a different set of values in order to survive, really "weren't" entp's at all but whotever they latched onto.

    Yeur values yeu possess do not always line up identically with the values yeu covet.

    MBTI only measures whot yeu covet, not whot yeu are. Therein, these lists are silly.

  9. #39
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post
    Tesla was cool but a total jerk, disney was a REAL jerk, just not publicly, osama bin laden by no means invented terrorism... weird al's awesome but I doubt he's entp.

    Yeu know... these lists always have problems, because it assumes that yeu KNOW these people personally... and yeu don't.

    It always comes down to "well I think this type behaves like this". Yeah, well I'm not the flawless 100% picture perfect stereotypical ENTP either, since I'm not a 6 or 7 type. There's always minor differences, and personal traits which won't fit in "just right". Noone is "the flawless INFJ" or whotever other type yeu want to throw around. Yeu can't really "type" people; they have to type themselves, because type isn't whot yeu think they are, but rather whot their personal preferences are.

    Someone may PREFER and greatly value the abilities of sensors... but may be intuitive themselves. But they go to great lengths to BE a sensor, because they 'are' a sensor. Their brain may not work that way, but it's a measure of values, rather than a measure of how yeu actually think.

    And therein lies the problem... yeu can't type someone else for them, nor can yeu try to 'type' a dead person because they aren't around anymore, and any information yeu have on them means precisely NOTHING, because they may not have acted the way they truly felt they should, due to peer pressure from accepted social norms and so on.

    I figure most ENTP's were probably burned as witches for their ideas, or heretics and so on. So, really, those that may've been innately ENTP but adapted to a different set of values in order to survive, really "weren't" entp's at all but whotever they latched onto.

    Yeur values yeu possess do not always line up identically with the values yeu covet.

    MBTI only measures whot yeu covet, not whot yeu are. Therein, these lists are silly.
    Your spelling is a distraction, but your content is accurate.
    It's unfortunate it will fall upon mostly deaf ears.

    Out of curiosity, what is with YEU, YEUR and WHOT?

  10. #40
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post
    Someone may PREFER and greatly value the abilities of sensors... but may be intuitive themselves. But they go to great lengths to BE a sensor, because they 'are' a sensor. Their brain may not work that way, but it's a measure of values, rather than a measure of how yeu actually think.
    You seem to have contradicted yourself here. If type is a measure of values and preferences, how can it be that someone could prefer the abilities of Sensors but actually be an iNtuitive?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] 50 Famous INTJs
    By Speed Gavroche in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 02-14-2013, 09:53 AM
  2. [ENTP] Famous ENTP's (Real Life & Fictional)
    By Mondo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 08-06-2012, 11:51 PM
  3. [ENTP] Famous ENTP: Geohot
    By themarlins in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-16-2011, 04:21 AM
  4. [ENTP] Famous ENTP's (Real Life & Fictional)
    By Mondo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-14-2010, 11:02 PM
  5. [ENTP] Famous ENTPs
    By Blackwater in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 01-03-2010, 05:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO