User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    Hey, Blue - nice to see you in one piece (I hope).

Advertisers often use the technique to sell us shit we neither want or need. Heaven forbid MBTI would do such a thing.

"Because we're worth it."

:P

I'd like to see the tagline that could sell ENTJness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENTP

From personal experience and the people I've met, I'd say NTs are closer to 5% of the population than 10%.... we're really rare... Ive only met a handful of other NT and almost always feel like I'm surrounded by boring SJs or dumbass SPs

MBTI
    INTP

I've run into more NTs (and NFs) since joining the online fora. We do meet IRL from time to time. MBTI also gave me the tools to identify people with whom I get along with better ... I just didn't know how to quantify them in younger years.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I think what makes me feel so deficient is the emphasis that is placed on ENTJs being "natural leaders" who blend effortlessly into a corporate environment, and who have a very powerful drive for life. I think I have all three of these things, but for some reason my life doesn't feel like it's materialising the way it should be. When I was young, I would lead wherever I could - I enjoyed being responsible for mass water or snowball fights and then when it wasn't hot or cold enough, sticks and stones. However, as I grew up this tendency gradually disappeared. In school, stronger kids took the lead, and I lost any real natural charisma of a leader. I don't know why. Likewise, in the Officers Training Corps the environment was very similar to school - lots of sheep who wanted to be led by the physically strong. I'm not weak, but I'm not very tough or very well built physically.

As for corporate environments, I feel as if I'm making very little progress in securing myself a corporate job for September 2010, and I want to know why this is. I applied for law school, and hopefully I'll get accepted, but if I don't, I know I will think myself unworthy for any corporate position, which will make me doubt further that I am an ENTJ (even though I am definitely an ENTJ using MBTI and no other type fits well in terms of description).

My drive for life has always been evident in the way I think and speak (especially about my ambitions I'm incredibly forceful), but unfortunately not always in the way I act. As Fabio says, I'm experiencing typical third year doubts, and I know I can achieve academically if I set my mind to it, because I did it with my A Levels. And I have done a moderate amount of stuff in the past to ensure that I have a future career, but until I secure it - until I get a training contract with at least a medium-sized law firm - I feel professionally incompetent; thus I remain frustrated with why as an ENTJ, who is allegedly a natural leader with a high drive for life, not to mention a naturally corporate individual, I cannot secure a job. This is the heart of the issue.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Eh, why do you care about work so much. It's not everything.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8sx
    Socionics
    ENTJ

I recently was thinking (and worrying) that, as an ENTJ, I wasn't reaching my potential. I thought that there must be something wrong with me because I have no urge to run a gigantic corporation or take over the world (ok, I want to take over the world, but am entirely too lazy to act on it). My primary goal in life is to be hassled as little as possible and have enough cash to not owe anybody anything and be able to do as much of what I want to do as possible. That's why I started this thread ot see what other ENTJs thought about it: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...eir-lives.html
    What was a relief to me was that many of the other posters have the same goal in life that I do. We can't all be Bill Gates, and it's unreasonable and unfair to go through life with that expectation for ourselves. You seem to be letting other people define who you should be. CUT THAT OUT! You'll only make yourself miserable if you spend your life trying to live up to other people's (and you own) unrealistic expectations.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Don't get too wrapped up in what you should be doing.

Worry about what you want to do instead.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Don't get too wrapped up in what you should be doing.

Worry about what you want to do instead.
    Pretty much.

To the OP, I'd ask you this:

If you felt your death imminent and had 1 week to live, what would you be doing then? Would it be the same or something different?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    Pretty much.

To the OP, I'd ask you this:

If you felt your death imminent and had 1 week to live, what would you be doing then? Would it be the same or something different?

Probably the same, ahaha. I like nothing more than to just sit and play games, listen to music and watch films. I'd walk more I think though, I love the countryside and haven't been on a walk for ages! I'd get a loan out tomorrow and travel the world in a week, particularly to climates similar to the UK, but with better natural landscapes, like north America.

Yeah so basically travel in order to walk. I find it really enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    I think what makes me feel so deficient is the emphasis that is placed on ENTJs being "natural leaders" who blend effortlessly into a corporate environment, and who have a very powerful drive for life. I think I have all three of these things, but for some reason my life doesn't feel like it's materialising the way it should be. When I was young, I would lead wherever I could - I enjoyed being responsible for mass water or snowball fights and then when it wasn't hot or cold enough, sticks and stones. However, as I grew up this tendency gradually disappeared. In school, stronger kids took the lead, and I lost any real natural charisma of a leader. I don't know why. Likewise, in the Officers Training Corps the environment was very similar to school - lots of sheep who wanted to be led by the physically strong. I'm not weak, but I'm not very tough or very well built physically.

As for corporate environments, I feel as if I'm making very little progress in securing myself a corporate job for September 2010, and I want to know why this is. I applied for law school, and hopefully I'll get accepted, but if I don't, I know I will think myself unworthy for any corporate position, which will make me doubt further that I am an ENTJ (even though I am definitely an ENTJ using MBTI and no other type fits well in terms of description).

My drive for life has always been evident in the way I think and speak (especially about my ambitions I'm incredibly forceful), but unfortunately not always in the way I act. As Fabio says, I'm experiencing typical third year doubts, and I know I can achieve academically if I set my mind to it, because I did it with my A Levels. And I have done a moderate amount of stuff in the past to ensure that I have a future career, but until I secure it - until I get a training contract with at least a medium-sized law firm - I feel professionally incompetent; thus I remain frustrated with why as an ENTJ, who is allegedly a natural leader with a high drive for life, not to mention a naturally corporate individual, I cannot secure a job. This is the heart of the issue.

There are no 4 letters in the alphabet that will spell the word: passion.
    Not even ENTJ.

Passion is a fire that burns within you and drives you on, no matter what.
    It can live and breathe inside anyone.

Stop feeling sorry for yourself.

Get out a piece of paper and start writing what make you feel alive inside.
    And if the law is not on that list, then you have no business going to law school.
    Jobs don't make people confident, and certainly not competent.
    You have it backwards.

Being confident and competent is sewn into the fabric of who we are as individuals.
    It doesn't get handed to us for being a member of a group.