• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJs - What is your goal/motivation in life?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
The title is pretty self-explanatory.

I believe INTJs (particularly the emotionally devoid kind) hold the key to the meaning of life. Thus begins my search for a higher truth.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
To crush my enemies, see them driven before me, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
*waits for Edgar to impart his infinite wisdom*

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
You like to wait for things after they occur?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
To crush my enemies, see them driven before me, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

What about the open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist, and the wind in your hair? Mean those nothing to your kin?

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think that frequently, probably more often than other types, we have no idea what we really want. Even so, the larger problem is that we think we do.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
What about the open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist, and the wind in your hair? Mean those nothing to your kin?

It does to about ~5% of INTJs.

They gay ones, specifically.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
It's void of meaning. The name of the game is to make up some rules and a winning condition.

Right now, I believe the winning condition is being a psedo-intellectual on a forum.

Bri

MBTI Type
INTJ
I believe INTJs (particularly the emotionally devoid kind) hold the key to the meaning of life. Thus begins my search for a higher truth.

My goal? Have fun. My motivation? Not having fun is... not fun.

Seriously though, the answer to this question is entirely dependent on a person's believed data set. Do they believe in a god? Where do they fall on the political spectrum? Do they think humans are more than mere self-aware mammals? What is their moral code? There is no universal answer.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
To enjoy myself.

I am systematically making preparations to do so.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
My goal? Have fun. My motivation? Not having fun is... not fun.

Seriously though, the answer to this question is entirely dependent on a person's believed data set. Do they believe in a god? Where do they fall on the political spectrum? Do they think humans are more than mere self-aware mammals? What is their moral code? There is no universal answer.

I know that. I aim to see the pattern when it comes to INTJs, if there is one (vague though it might be).

So far it seems that INTJs might very well be the true "party animal" type.

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

This proposition flies in the face of consensus, and I have a healthy respect for ideas that fly in the face of consensus, be they well-founded.

Do tell.

Bri

MBTI Type
INTJ
Let me just note that my version of "have fun" is specific to me. If reading a book sounds fun, that's probably what I'll do, and that is not generally looked at as a "party animal" behavior.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6

I prefer the full Genghis Khan quote from which Chonens little speak is derived.

“The greatest happiness is to scatter your enemy, to drive him before you, to see his cities reduced to ashes, to see those who love him shrouded in tears, and to gather into your bosom his wives and daughters.”

...But I suppose the produces were worried that Cohnen might loses audience sympathy if he started advocating rape.

There is a web page of Genghis quotes.

Genghis Khan quotes

A prize to the first person to type Mr. G. Khan.

Anyway, back to the original subject of the thread.

For mean, I could not live without a sense of continual improvement and growth. There is a large degree of self focus in that statement, but as I get older I look to improve the world around me as well. I guess that is the Se finally kicking in.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
This proposition flies in the face of consensus, and I have a healthy respect for ideas that fly in the face of consensus, be they well-founded.

Do tell.

If we are allowed to redefine the concept of party perhaps... INTJs can be quite self indulgent, spending large amounts of time an energy doing to something that is entertaining to them but no-one else.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Are you a fan, a fascist, or just being facetious?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ

Do tell.

Bri said:
Let me just note that my version of "have fun" is specific to me. If reading a book sounds fun, that's probably what I'll do, and that is not generally looked at as a "party animal" behavior.

I wasn't being too serious. Was just pointing out how fun/amusement was pointed out in the posts who tried to seriously answer the question. I guess every one type could frame it as such. Yeah I'm looking to delve deeper and welcome any insight any INTJ might have.

I'm interested to know about INTJs' life philosophy.

You know how NFs always include other people in their own philosophical descriptions, SJs society etc...

Are you a fan, a fascist, or just being facetious?

I'm pretty sure his name is just Edgar. Or Edgardo or whatever the hell he goes by these days.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm pretty sure his name is just Edgar. Or Edgardo or whatever the hell he goes by these days.

Do you mean his name is "Just Edgar" or just "Edgar"? ;)