User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    nnnn

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I think that frequently, probably more often than other types, we have no idea what we really want. Even so, the larger problem is that we think we do.
    I agree, might also want to check with shadow ESFP. But why do you think we'd be more oblivious than other types?

To become an ENTJ

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    I agree, might also want to check with shadow ESFP. But why do you think we'd be more oblivious than other types?
    I think we tend to drift towards superficial goals (ex. money, power, fame, etc.) as opposed to happiness, love, etc. without understanding the underlying reasons. I think we're always so "sure" of ourselves that it doesn't generally occur to us to question our foundation on matters like this. We fail at interpreting our F. We can't understand things that can't be broken down logically and outlined in steps. We can't understand things that we can't control.

INTJs generally are always about improvement which is undoubtedly representative of some kind of insecurity or missing piece. If we really knew which direction to go, we wouldn't have this problem.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    nnnn

I think we tend to drift towards superficial goals (ex. money, power, fame, etc.) as opposed to happiness, love, etc. without understanding the underlying reasons. I think we're always so "sure" of ourselves that it doesn't generally occur to us to question our foundation on matters like this. We fail at interpreting our F. We can't understand things that can't be broken down logically and outlined in steps. We can't understand things that we can't control.

INTJs generally are always about improvement which is undoubtedly representative of some kind of insecurity or missing piece. If we really knew which direction to go, we wouldn't have this problem.
    Yes, INTJs really need to introspect and face the chaos within. And it really *is* chaos. Holding on to the thin veneer of certainty...will leave you with the lingering feeling that thousands of little demon hands are trying to push through the plastic wrapped around your inner self.

And then you have to make sure you don't get absolutely lost in the inner labyrinth and become a giant demon hand.

No surprise my favourite book is Heart of Darkness, really.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Maybe, but I think we just have a strong distaste for becoming stagnant.
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kra View Post
    Maybe, but I think we just have a strong distaste for becoming stagnant.
    Yes, but is that an effect or a cause? Seems like the former to me.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INTJ

INTJs generally are always about improvement which is undoubtedly representative of some kind of insecurity or missing piece.
    The absence of a past to be satisfied with? Even if there is money in the bank, official achievement and fame. Even if there is love. We're missing direct ways to value things that have gone before. There's passing satisfaction in them, but it doesn't last?
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    The absence of a past to be satisfied with? Even if there is money in the bank, official achievement and fame. Even if there is love. We're missing direct ways to value things that have gone before. There's passing satisfaction in them, but it doesn't last?
    This is by far the biggest reason why I am almost never content. I am unable to appreciate past achievements.

But then again - that is one of my biggest motivators too.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    INtJ
    Enneagram

sitting back and watching the logical degeneration of society, yet keeping aloof from human stupidity... things are turning out as expected
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Happiness