• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Ways to frustrate an NT!

T

ThatGirl

Make them repeat the same instruction twice, understand it, then completely ignore it saying "I don't know what to do," In the whinyest voice possible.

Shaunward

The most frustrating thing I find is when people make no attempt to defend their points logically. If something cannot be expressed logically, it should be rethought until it can.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Let them clean the dishes manually:

DSCN1566-Gas-Mask-Dish-washing.JPG

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
(Whoa. What's happened to your P, Entropie?)

Laughing it off when I'm trying to make a serious argument.

Example. I'm quite passionate about global warming. The issue was brought up at school, and of course I came with graphs and figures, arguing why people should do anything about it and why even the smallest efforts are worthwile, saving you money in the bargain.
Reaction: laughing, bantering, "Tamske is for the green party", "How do you come to school",...
The focus has shifted from "global warming", a serious issue, to "look at Greeny Tamske"... I hate that.

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
People who tell me or someone else to do something without a clear rationale of why we're supposed to be doing it.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Ok one such problem

A husband loves his wife, but works long hours
The wife gets board and take up a lover
The Lover lives at the far side of the river
The wife needs to pay the ferry man 50p each time she crosses the river to see her lover
One day the wife forgets to bring the 50p return fare she asks the lover if he will lend it to her
The Lovers says “I can not deal with money, we can not let money mar our relationship”
So the wife asked the ferry man f he could take her and be paid later
The ferry man says “I’m a business man I can not take your without you paying me first”

The question is....
Who is to blame? and why?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
- be a hypocrite due to double standards in one's arguments.

- Never make a case for anything, just operate with innuendo and fluff reasoning and get offended if people call you on it.

- Demand respect for your own viewpoint and for people "giving you the benefit of a doubt," while automatically dismissing the views of others without extending them the same grace.

- Never learn from past error; avoid learning experiences.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
- be a hypocrite due to double standards in one's arguments.

- Never make a case for anything, just operate with innuendo and fluff reasoning and get offended if people call you on it.

- Demand respect for your own viewpoint and for people "giving you the benefit of a doubt," while automatically dismissing the views of others without extending them the same grace.

- Never learn from past error; avoid learning experiences.

All of this.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ok one such problem

A husband loves his wife, but works long hours
The wife gets board and take up a lover
The Lover lives at the far side of the river
The wife needs to pay the ferry man 50p each time she crosses the river to see her lover
One day the wife forgets to bring the 50p return fare she asks the lover if he will lend it to her
The Lovers says “I can not deal with money, we can not let money mar our relationship”
So the wife asked the ferry man f he could take her and be paid later
The ferry man says “I’m a business man I can not take your without you paying me first”

The question is....
Who is to blame? and why?

i don't get it. isn't it obvious?

no that's the point.... think about it

Without additional information, the wife for not ensuring she had the return fare in the case of not being able to get home. If it is about the big picture, it's the husband and wife who haven't communicated - that is, with out additional information.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, Disco, and I'll reiterate that last one: If you want to fall from my good graces... refuse to learn or at least incorporate ideas into your thinking. I have no patience for that. What one "feels" doesn't matter, ideas have to be considered on their own grounds.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Without additional information, the wife for not ensuring she had the return fare in the case of not being able to get home. If it is about the big picture, it's the husband and wife who haven't communicated - that is, with out additional information.

along those lines, yes. The question is used/was used by the prison service to understand peoples tendancy to cast judgements on others...

From each persons perspective a differet view of the problem or lack of information can be seen.

It's gets quite interesting when you morph it into roles

MBTI Type
ENTP
"to blame for what?" the number of interpretations comes from the ambiguity of the question rather than from the situation itself.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
"to blame for what?" the number of interpretations comes from the ambiguity of the question rather than from the situation itself.

yes there are lots of questions that come from the question...

the husband loves his wife (stated fact), but he may beat her (assumed/considered information) etc...

The problem is pretty bottomless