• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Ways to frustrate an NT!

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When I have NT moments I get frustrated when someone doesn't give me the specifications how they want something done (i.e. time, quality, and quantity).

Lack of time efficiency.

When something doesn't make sense, or is irrelevant to what was said in the train of conversation.

When someone discredits obvious scientific evidence.

Unique

Steal their fan thats cooling them off while playing computer games, the only thing combating the heat from the computer

Don't give a logical reason for why you need it more, then threaten with irrelevant to the situation "black mail" to enforce it

I swear to fucking god my frustration neuron if there is one is overloading something chronic right now

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
When I have NT moments I get frustrated when someone doesn't give me the specifications how they want something done (i.e. time, quality, and quantity).

Lack of time efficiency.

Sounds more than XXXJ than anything. :p

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
1. tell them you beleive in fairies
2. tell them they can't prove that fairies don't exsist
3. When they say there is not scientific evidence that provide farieies exsits
4. ask them if they beleive in thought
5. point out their is no scientific evidence of individual strands of thought

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Yeah, well, its all just a matter of opinion really."

proximo

- Tell me what I think
- Tell me what I feel
- Ignore the words I choose carefully to say exactly what I mean and instead read your own subtexts into them

And this kind of thing makes me homicidal:

A: Would you like me to call on you later and help you with that?
Me: No, thank you, if you could just drop this off for me on your way home, that'd be of the most help to me, I'd really appreciate that.

(later)

Me: Why are you here? Did you drop it off?
A: No I didn't, I thought I'd do it next week instead, but I thought I'd call you on anyway to check you're okay
Me: I said there was no need to... I wanted that dropped off today and it's too late now
A: Well I know you said that, but I thought it didn't really matter when it was dropped off, and I thought you were just saying I didn't need to call so as not to impose on me, I thought you'd probably need some help anyway.
Me: Ah. Well actually no, I kinda meant what I said, that's why I said it? That's going to really give me trouble now that you didn't drop that off, and to be honest, though I appreciate you caring and all, all the calling round in the world isn't going to lessen the stress of worrying about that not being there in time now, it won't solve the problem. If you'd just dropped it off then it would've solved the problem.
A: Oh well you should've said it was like that
Me: [thinking: you fucking idiot, I shouldn't have to scratch open my heart and show it to all and sundry just to get a simple instruction followed by someone who claims to want to help and support me! can't you just assume and trust that I have good reasons for the things I do?] Oh well, it's done now. I suppose I'll have to try and fix it somehow...
A: Would you like some help?
Me: No thanks, there's nothing really anyone else can do, it's got to be done by me, I'm the only one with clearance...
A: Oh... sorry... have I made more problems for you?
Me: [thinking: yes you fucking have! though I know you didn't mean to] Well, don't worry, I'll sort it out [thinking: why am I reassuring them when they were supposed to be the one helping me?]

(later)

A: Are you angry with me?
Me: What for?
A: For screwing up earlier
Me: No [truth - I know they had good intentions, nothing to forgive, but I won't trust them with anything important again]
A: Are you sure?
Me: Yes
A: It's just that you seem angry, that's all
Me: Well, I'm not
A: See? You're being quite curt...
Me: What? I'm just answering your question...
A: Yeah I know, it's just the WAY you answer...
Me: [thinking: what am I supposed to do? fucking hug you or something? Hey, A, you created a month of stress for me by not following a simple instruction because you thought you knew better what I felt and needed than me, come here, give us a hug! it's alright! ] Well, I'm sorry to come across that way, but I'm honestly not angry
A: I think you are, I think we should talk about it
Me: Well, I'm kind of getting angry now because you're pressing the issue and sorta prying into my feelings, and you won't just listen and believe the things I say so I feel like it doesn't matter what I say. But I wasn't angry before.
A: See? you're angry with me! Why don't you share your feelings with me?
Me: Well, I just did, and you complained that I was angry with you.
A: Because you were hiding it from me
Me: No, I wasn't. I disclosed to you that I was getting angry as soon as I started to....
A: [drama]

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
^I'd go apeshit onna bitch.

Anyways, I absolutely abhor it when I'm asked the same fucking question over and over.

Ex: "Hey dude, do you wanna go see Avatar?"
"No."
"Oh, okay."
*Interlude 5 minutes*
"Hey dude, do you want to go see Avatar?"
"Motherfucker, I said no!"
"Oh, oh, right. Okay."
*Interlude 10 minutes*
"....*ignore*"

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
- Tell me what I think
- Tell me what I feel
- Ignore the words I choose carefully to say exactly what I mean and instead read your own subtexts into them

Me: No, thank you, if you could just drop this off for me on your way home, that'd be of the most help to me, I'd really appreciate that.

(later)

A: No I didn't, I thought I'd do it next week instead, but I thought I'd call you on anyway to check you're okay
Me: I said there was no need to... I wanted that dropped off today and it's too late now
A: Well I know you said that, but I thought it didn't really matter when it was dropped off, and I thought you were just saying I didn't need to call so as not to impose on me, I thought you'd probably need some help anyway.
Me: Ah. Well actually no, I kinda meant what I said, that's why I said it? That's going to really give me trouble now that you didn't drop that off, and to be honest, though I appreciate you caring and all, all the calling round in the world isn't going to lessen the stress of worrying about that not being there in time now, it won't solve the problem. If you'd just dropped it off then it would've solved the problem.
Me: [thinking: you fucking idiot, I shouldn't have to scratch open my heart and show it to all and sundry just to get a simple instruction followed by someone who claims to want to help and support me! can't you just assume and trust that I have good reasons for the things I do?] Oh well, it's done now. I suppose I'll have to try and fix it somehow...
Me: No thanks, there's nothing really anyone else can do, it's got to be done by me, I'm the only one with clearance...
Me: [thinking: yes you fucking have! though I know you didn't mean to] Well, don't worry, I'll sort it out [thinking: why am I reassuring them when they were supposed to be the one helping me?]

(later)

Me: No [truth - I know they had good intentions, nothing to forgive, but I won't trust them with anything important again]
Me: [thinking: what am I supposed to do? fucking hug you or something? Hey, A, you created a month of stress for me by not following a simple instruction because you thought you knew better what I felt and needed than me, come here, give us a hug! it's alright! ] Well, I'm sorry to come across that way, but I'm honestly not angry
Me: Well, I'm kind of getting angry now because you're pressing the issue and sorta prying into my feelings, and you won't just listen and believe the things I say so I feel like it doesn't matter what I say. But I wasn't angry before.
Me: No, I wasn't. I disclosed to you that I was getting angry as soon as I started to....

Ohmahgod. <eye twitches>

MBTI Type
ENTP
the phrases "you have to realize" and "you have to understand"
insubstantial personalities that try to make up for it with dyed pink hair or veganism or by painting nude figures
conspicuous practice
incessant smiling while talking in a way that seems as though you think everything you say is worth hearing

and since i'm here, mozilla spell check

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
- Tell me what I think
- Tell me what I feel

[insert very long quote here]

I would have murdered them!! :shock: At least slap this A, for all our sakes! :yes:

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^I'd go apeshit onna bitch.

Anyways, I absolutely abhor it when I'm asked the same fucking question over and over.

Ex: "Hey dude, do you wanna go see Avatar?"
"No."
"Oh, okay."
*Interlude 5 minutes*
"Motherfucker, I said no!"
"Oh, oh, right. Okay."
*Interlude 10 minutes*
"....*ignore*"

This is more of an introvert thing, but I hate being asked if I want to do the same thing by every member of the group I'm part of.

For example, my fellow students are planning to go to an adventure hotel one weekend. Im not interested. And I know I'm going to be spending the weeks leading up to it justifying myself to everyone on the course as one-by-one they try and change my mind. What is worse, they will expect me to be grateful to them for thinking of me!

Apparently free will is so last year. :steam:

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
I would have KILLED that last person; the "are you angry with me" one. Murdered. In cold blood.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Things that make me angry:

1. Telling me what I said, which I really didn't say, you just THINK I said.
2. People getting mad at me because I am not lovey gooey every second of the day and they think it is a 'bad attitude'
3. Restricting my freedom and putting unnecessary, irrelevant punishments on me, which do absolutely nothing for the problem, in the even there really is one or the just think it is a problem.
4. Telling me what I think.
5. Starting to tell me something, and then not!
6. Intentionally trying to piss me off when I am already mad (like if I have lost at something, and you rub it in my face. I would swing fists over that. Actually, I have.)
7. Starting an argument with me/getting angry at me over nothing, and then bringing up a ton of stuff that happened in the past that is irrelevant by now that has absolutely nothing to do with what you got mad at me over! :steam:

I HATE it when people get angry over something THEY chose to bottle up instead of just telling me!!!111

8. People not responding with sufficient answers, that cannot lead on to much conversation. Like 'yeah' and just 'lol' or 'okay' or the same damn thing over and over and over again!

Cloudblue

Amazing Spambot!
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
Tell them to divide by zero...

- Tell me what I think
- Tell me what I feel

(later)

(later)

A is an emotional idiot...

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A needs to be bitchslapped.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
the phrases "you have to realize" and "you have to understand"

This. Motherfucking this. Also: "You need to understand..."

It's like, "BITCH! I understand I can postpone my midterm to attend a funeral, but I CHOOSE not to." :steam:

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
When people give an unclear definition of what they want, give me so much creative freedom that I give them something under that freedom, then tell me I "didn't do it right." Unless this process is some sort of teaching method, you can walk right the fuck out with that shit. I understand telling someone to draw on a piece of paper then correcting them, but I DO NOT understand telling someone to draw on a piece of paper and expect it to live up to standards. This. Makes. Me. Want. To. Scream.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
People giving me the cold shoulder or the silent treatment, expecting me to guess why they are mad.
People bottling it up when they are annoyed with you and remembering everything; to pile it up against you when they are mad. I'd like you to say it directly.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Sometimes people explain their world views by reasoning that doesn't seem to obey the laws of philosophy, physics, logic, human nature or mathematics, in any universe, at any time - at least, I don't recognize their thoughts being classifiable to any reasonable system of thought known to man. And, they contradict at least half the knowledge the mankind has amassed so far. This kind of thing.. makes me perplexed.

I would feel that in order to discuss with them I would have to teach them basics of human life. Things like that 1) some people value their time 2) Everyone is not in a cosmic symbiosis with every living being on the planet 3) There's a thing called causation, and this thing doesn't obey "wishful thinking" or moral-ethical "shoulds and should-nots"

/rant.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
proximo's skit - If A didn't know what it was like to have a foot up their ass they'd soon find out. Then again the things you thought are things I'd say only slightly tidied up unless it's with a client. With clients who have trouble with turning what I say into actions I'd start with "I will need you to listen to me and follow exactly what I tell you to do and tell me exactly what the computer says when it says it..." then proceed with point to point instructions. I also don't let people help me, no matter how much they want to unless I can half supervise it or I've seen them operate enough to trust what I say will happen.