User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Ways to frustrate an NT!

I don't learn from my mistakes nearly as much as I should; though I am consciously working on it. I think it stems from an inferior Si

A was just a symbolic person. The conversation was a mixture of different experiences I've had, all of which it accurately represents. Over the years I've met a lot of people like that.

The other thing that really pisses me off is when people say "I'm sorry you feel that way" - it's patronising and pretending to be sympathetic without giving an inch of ground.

And when I'm angry and trying to express myself without yelling, trying to stay calm and respectful whilst being assertive, and the person who's pissed me off keeps telling me to calm down. It's like they're saying "Yeah I know I pissed you off, but I don't want to take the consequences, so if you'll just let me remove your voice so you can't protest about it, that'll be fine thanks". Fuck you.
    I'm male and over 30, FYI.
    Preferences: 20% Extravert, 98% Intuitive, 68% Thinker, 17% Perceiving

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post

Eh, the boat man makes sense.
    he might just have screwed himself out of a regular customer

then and again you could argue that he has market power as a monopoly and she has no choice anyway

Oh and here's another one: when somebody offers to do a favour for me on something I already had covered, on the basis that it'd make things easier for me, out of the goodness of their heart. And then later, hold it over me as leverage/guilt trip, bringing it up during a conversation where I'm explaining that I can't accommodate something they're asking of me.
    I'm male and over 30, FYI.
    Preferences: 20% Extravert, 98% Intuitive, 68% Thinker, 17% Perceiving

People explaining mundane tasks to me. its like "dude, i already am not happy about doing this boring ass shit, dont insult me by explaining it."

people leaving notes for me when they are annoyed by something i did. FUCKING USE THE PHONE AND CALL ME OR TALK TO ME IN PERSON.

Girlfriends who consider "cuddling" something to do. im sorry, but laying around and "feeling the love" for periods of longer than 5-10 mins is FUCKING BORING. lets either bone down or go outside and do something.

having to explain the most obvious jokes.

i know some of this stuff is not exclusively NT but....meh....

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by tedboles View Post
    having to explain the most obvious jokes.
    I have to do this often which means I just stop joking because it defeats the entire purpose of the joke.
    Doorknob: Read the directions and directly you will be directed in the right direction.
    -Alice in Wonderland

It really grinds my gears when people use the wrong your/you're, there/their/they're, then/than ect... it's so simple, but so many people just don't understand it.