User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    HUMM

Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    Way's to annoy this specific NT:

Never (ever ever) ask me this question:
    "What're you thinking right now?"
    Because you'll never (ever ever) get a truthful answer even though I hate lying. (This is probably more of an introvert thing than an NT thing.)

Don't tell me all about your problem if you don't want me to ponder ways to solve it. I'm simply not the 'go-to' person for sympathy/empathy, and you'll just be disappointed.
    this seems like an I thing rather than an NT thing. i know one ENTP who likes asking just that question, at the most surprising moments when I'm all SP-in the moment.
    ain't over till it's over.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by visaisahero View Post
    ^I feel your pain! I get frustrated with "Why?!" questions too because those are questions that you can usually answer yourselves if you take the time and effort, and often the answer doesn't actually matter.

The deadline moved; there must have been a good reason for it. Even if there wasn't, it's not going to change anything. What matters is what you're going to do about it, so why harp on what doesn't matter when there's something more important to do?

Sigh.
    This could just be thinking out loud. Are you sure this person even wants an actual answer? Maybe they are just reacting externally to a sudden event...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    This could just be thinking out loud. Are you sure this person even wants an actual answer? Maybe they are just reacting externally to a sudden event...
    Reacting externally... yeah, it does make it hard to tell whether I should be listening or not. If I listen I get filled up with the needed and the trash; if I don't listen I get whined at for it. I don't think its an NT specific frustration...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Reacting externally... yeah, it does make it hard to tell whether I should be listening or not. If I listen I get filled up with the needed and the trash; if I don't listen I get whined at for it. I don't think its an NT specific frustration...
    Yeah I think that practically nothing in this thread is NT specific.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    No, she really wanted me to give her the answer.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Ask me to repeat what I just said. The phrase, "Say that again?" Or playing the "Copying game", where someone mirrors your exact mannerisms and actions.

Not sure if these are type-specific, but they are guaranteed to send me homocidal. The former might be INTP-ish, if talking really fast is a particular characteristic?
    Um, yeah.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

invading my personal orb of space will always really frustrate me... don't look over my shoulder while I'm doing something, I can feel you breathing back there! :steam:

strangers hugging me is creepy

making me hold a baby and expecting me to be cuddly to it or something

making me wait somewhere with nothing to read...

yeah, a lot of things, I can be pretty cranky
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

People I barely know talking to me about their personal problems is kind of awkward for me. And then when they don't interpret my anxious twitches as a sign for them to stop, I start to get frustrated. What am I supposed to do in that kind of situation anyway?

I also get frustrated (mildly, and in a light-hearted way) when I make a joke or humorous remark, and the receiver doesn't acknowledge me for it (even when they think it's funny, arg!).

I also get frustrated when people don't understand what I'm saying, even after I feel like I've laid it out in the clearest terms possible.

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

pretty similar to this old thread, so read these:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post567839

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I love technology- but there are times I want to smash my laptop over the desk.

When people somehow think since they consider me a "friend," I'm bound to do everything they're doing. More clearly: when people expect me to stay with them the entire day- I'll start looking out the window like an animal that needs out.
    "Poor bastard. Wait 'till he sees the bats. "
    enneagram - 7/5/3