User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ENTP

Not really imagery, but characters. I personify almost everything. I can depict them, but I also imagine little stories about them.

Eg.
    Mr. Sine and Mrs. Cosine did a contest to determine who would appear in the Simpson formulas. The first round was about the sum of two sines. Mr. Sine is a calm, steady person. He knew there would be more rounds. He didn't go to deep, that's why there is a cosine too in the formula. But he still won the round, that's why he gets the plus sign:
    sin(a)+sin(b) = sin((a+b)/2)cos((a-b)/2).
    The second round was about the difference of two sines. Sine had a disadvantage because of the minus sign. Cosine won the round with a small difference.
    sin(a)-sin(b) = sin((a-b)/2)cos((a+b)/2).
    The third round was about the sum of two cosines. Cosine wanted to win this round so badly she really went to the limits of her power. She won with a big difference:
    cos(a)+cos(b) = cos((a+b)/2)cos((a-b)/2)
    Because Cosine had used everything she had in the third round, there was nothing left for the fourth. She only could make her presence felt with an overall minus sign.
    cos(a)-cos(b) = -sin((a+b)/2)sin((a-b)/2).
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    Not really imagery, but characters. I personify almost everything. I can depict them, but I also imagine little stories about them.

Eg.
    Mr. Sine and Mrs. Cosine did a contest to determine who would appear in the Simpson formulas. The first round was about the sum of two sines. Mr. Sine is a calm, steady person. He knew there would be more rounds. He didn't go to deep, that's why there is a cosine too in the formula. But he still won the round, that's why he gets the plus sign:
    sin(a)+sin(b) = sin((a+b)/2)cos((a-b)/2).
    The second round was about the difference of two sines. Sine had a disadvantage because of the minus sign. Cosine won the round with a small difference.
    sin(a)-sin(b) = sin((a-b)/2)cos((a+b)/2).
    The third round was about the sum of two cosines. Cosine wanted to win this round so badly she really went to the limits of her power. She won with a big difference:
    cos(a)+cos(b) = cos((a+b)/2)cos((a-b)/2)
    Because Cosine had used everything she had in the third round, there was nothing left for the fourth. She only could make her presence felt with an overall minus sign.
    cos(a)-cos(b) = -sin((a+b)/2)sin((a-b)/2).
    That's a very interesting way of remembering formulae! I love it
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

Imagine that concept A is a painting in a gallery. It's a very large painting, so I have to move bodily to look at different parts of it. I look at a few of its parts, until I think I can predict what will be in other parts. I move to another one to test my theory, and if it's right, I step back and start to see how it's all put together. Then I take a photo, and file it and keep it to refer back to; that photo stays in my head and gets cross-referenced with all the other photos already there, of other paintings.

If I'm asked about that painting later on, I simply pull out my photo, scan it and read off it as required. If it turns out that there are bits I missed, I can always go back to the gallery to look at the original again, and, with my camera adjusted to a higher resolution, I step further back to see if I can get the whole thing in the frame. From back here, I can't see all the details of the picture properly, but there's a high res photo of it in my head now, for all time, which I can zoom in on if needs be. The patterns I can see from afar will guide me in that zooming process.

In the future, if it turns out that I need to for some reason, I might make several more trips to the gallery with better and better cameras, and each time the detail and quality of the photo I'll recall will get better, and the more I'm made to recall it, the more of those details I'll be able to zip straight to with the zoom lens when necessary. For my first trip, I was just using my phone camera that's with me all the time, but because I want to reduce the chances of needing to come back again, even my phone camera is an 8mp one with quite a bit of manual tweakability.

So yes, concepts in my mind are stored and accessed very much like (or as) images. If I were to try to describe what they look like, the closest I could probably get would be like one of those pictures you get that are entirely made up of printed words, arranged into the shape of, for example, a horse, or just an abstract shape. I think in words, but in pictures of words. I see the printed word (in as many languages as I know it) as I say or think it, and mentally access every bigger picture in my mind that this word is a part of.

When I've talked about this with my kids (whom I homeschool) in the context of learning methods, my ENTP daughter (who has Asperger's) has related strongly to my method, whilst my ESFJ daughter has found it completely alien. My ENFJ sister believes it'd be completely impossible for her to learn or think like that, and says that bringing words into it makes everything instantly more confusing for her, which *I* find completely alien.
    I'm male and over 30, FYI.
    Preferences: 20% Extravert, 98% Intuitive, 68% Thinker, 17% Perceiving

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Very much so, yes.

Actually,
    thinking visually is only the first sort of thought that pops up. I tend to ask, "How else can that be used? In a song? A book?" I attempt to narrow down the ideal format in which to express myself.
    "Poor bastard. Wait 'till he sees the bats. "
    enneagram - 7/5/3