User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Bill Gates' wealth is the living proof that even introverts and nerds can succeed in the business world.

Introverts and socially-inept smart people should look up to Bill Gates as a model, whether than go on self-pity mode and say that "my chances are slim because so many people are better than me."

As to whether Bill Gates is an ENTJ, we will know the truth in:

(1) When he takes the MBTI test
    (2) When he publish a biography talking about his life
    (3) When he died and scientists start dissecting his brain
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post

As to whether he is an ENTJ or not, I haven't notice one ENTJ on this forum that thinks like Bill gates.
    That is interesting. Please tell me how the ENTJs on this forum think.

*awaits patiently*

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    The types that make the most money are the ones that care the most about making money. The other types don't necessarily lack the ability to make money, but they don't have the same level of desire.

ENTP probably has the highest variance when it comes to making money. There are probably a lot of ENTP millionaires out there. But for every one of them there are a many more that either live in their parent's basement or in a van down by the river.
    This.

My only problem with this is that INTPs/ENTPs are like the ideal type for Engineers and Physicists. I would assume that would skew the data more towards "higher income" brackets. A bachelor's in physics alone will get you 55k/year on average right out of college....

Perhaps ENTP/INTPs don't make it that far through college though due to the BS/structure involved, and most physicists are NTJs/STJs ? That doesn't fit with my observations, as usually my physics classes are NTP havens...

Seriously, out of the entire population, what proportion of NTPs make it that far, do you think? I tend to think most NTPs will get shoveled towards things like physics over time... but a lot become druggie burnouts, etc too, i imagine.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    ...even introverts and nerds can succeed in the business world.
    I don't think anyone is saying that introverts can't be successful. They certainly can and I think the individuals you are arguing with have acknowledged that. Simply put, there are a LOT of INTP's that scrape by financially. There are also a select few that actually act on their ideas and turn them into reality - and when that happens, there is the potential to make a large amount of money. A lot of INTP's I know don't act on anything at all. And I include myself in this for certain periods of my life. I'm not afraid to say that. Are you an INTP that can't relate to this at all or do you kind of get what I'm saying?

On the flip side, there are an awful lot of Te users out there who are kicking butt in the business world. I can think of countless examples in my own life. They are all over the place. There's a kid near me, younger than I, who owns his own financial advising business. The kid is there every single morning at the crack of dawn, has his cup of coffee and reads his Wall Street Journal before even opening up the doors. I am in no way saying that this is the only way to make money. But, it's that kind of approach, that kind of drive, motivation, and consistency (basically, he gives a crap) that has a tendency to work well in our society. "The early bird gets the worm." "Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise." To many P types (not all of them, but many - and this is in my real-world experience - not just talking out of my butt here) - many P's find these sayings to be inspirational and cute, but they don't live it. Many J types (again, not all, but many) LIVE it. They're opening the doors while other types are still in bed sleeping. That goes a long way. It's logical and it's common sense that things like consistency, being there day in and day out, and seeing things through to completion have a general correlation with monetary success (and other kinds of success as well).

As an INTP, I admit that I've struggled with this for years. I'm a P. I want to slack. I want to sleep. I want to play. I want to start new projects before old ones are finished. I think that helps my creativity and I have some really good ideas, but I still have to execute.

Nobody is saying that INTP's can't do well in business. I, for one, agree with you that INTP's absolutely can do well. But, I and several INTP's I've known have struggled with actually doing it. Not talking about it. Not saying that we could be good at business. But, actually waking up tomorrow morning and doing it.

And just because Bill Gates did it, doesn't mean anything for me tomorrow when I wake up. Maybe it inspires me in some small way. But, I still have to make something happen. Te very naturally wants to do exactly that.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    "Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, but socially dead."
    Sorry, just popped in my mind when I read this

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    That is interesting. Please tell me how the ENTJs on this forum think.

*awaits patiently*
    Seriously, what is with this cloud idiot?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Seriously, what is with this cloud idiot?
    Why is cloud an idiot? Because he has an opinion that you don't understand/agree with?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Why is cloud an idiot? Because he has an opinion that you don't understand/agree with?
    Yes, exactly. Anyone who doesn't agree with my opinions on everything is a moron. You nailed it!

Let's count the reasons I might term him an idiot:

1) Posting on a forum dedicated to an elaborate system of stereotypes and complaining that people are stereotyping.

2) Asking for deductive proof for inductive arguments and using the lack thereof as "evidence" that the whole system of typological induction is useless. (I dunno about you, but I've heard "OMG WHERE'S UR SCIENTIFIC PROOF OF THESE TYPE CATEGORIES????" enough times to want to stab someone by now.)

3) Asking questions, ignoring the answers and then asking the same questions again.

4) Intentionally misreading people's meaning for the express purpose of complaining about "generalizations"...while posting on a forum dedicated to generalizing people.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Yes, exactly. Anyone who doesn't agree with my opinions on everything is a moron. You nailed it!

Let's count the reasons I might term him an idiot:

1) Posting on a forum dedicated to an elaborate system of stereotypes and complaining that people are stereotyping.

2) Asking for deductive proof for inductive arguments and using the lack thereof as "evidence" that the whole system of typological induction is useless. (I dunno about you, but I've heard "OMG WHERE'S UR SCIENTIFIC PROOF OF THESE TYPE CATEGORIES????" enough times to want to stab someone by now.)

3) Asking questions, ignoring the answers and then asking the same questions again.

4) Intentionally misreading people's meaning for the express purpose of complaining about "generalizations"...while posting on a forum dedicated to generalizing people.
    You know, I'm not going to waste time defending myself. You can believe whatever you want. To me, typology is a system to understand people, not shoving people into boxes and making generalizations. But if thats what you want to do, I am not going to fight against it.

And I believe entjs already had their fair share of glory, half of which they have taken from their opposite type and other NT types (including INTP , which I believe is what Bill Gates should fall under).

If you want to know the truth, you should go find out and make an investigation. Gather evidence that supports what you think, rather than making empty generalizations and believe what other people are saying. Evidence can come from many sources, such as from books you read, real life experiences and observations, and interviews with famous people or what they said in public, or learning about that person's life.

Claims and generalizations without valid support is BS.