User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    And if they fail at it are they NF then ?

There are many shades of grey
    No, just that the ENTJ personality lends its self very well to that ways of acting therefor for it is more likely an ENTJ will be good in that job than NF who's way of thinking may not lend its self to many jobs in a coperate world.
    After all MBTI is an advanced form of - albeit accurate in many cases - stereotypings.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I've done both - starting new businesses, coming in as consultant in an existing business... what difference does it make?

I'm lost. What exactly are you asking me - how to start a business or how to be ahead of the markets or what?
    I meant like examples. Like the mate I mentioned started fixing his own PC at 13 then fixing mates. Then started charging to fix family friends then made a business out of it!

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by CJ99 View Post
    No, just that the ENTJ personality lends its self very well to that ways of acting therefor for it is more likely an ENTJ will be good in that job than NF who's way of thinking may not lend its self to many jobs in a coperate world.
    After all MBTI is an advanced form of - albeit accurate in many cases - stereotypings.
    This tho creates many questions. For example if an NF is successful in the business world and one doesnt know jack about him, one could assume he is ENTJ cause he corresponds to the rolemodel.

What I am meaning is, type theory should be limited to your own self and personality. If it crosses the borders to the real world it gets blurry
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I meant like examples. Like the mate I mentioned started fixing his own PC at 13 then fixing mates. Then started charging to fix family friends then made a business out of it!
    Ahhh.

Well I don't want to give too much identifying information but as far as inventing goes - creating things that I want for myself is kind of where it started. Especially in the field of sound recording, and energy harnessing and storage.

(fuuuuuuck, sorry Talullah, I *just* remembered now as I'm typing this!!! )

The things that I've made exist in the world already but not usually in accessible to everyone sense. Or in a way that allows people to make it simply at home. I think my strength is seeing what works and making a simple version at home that everyone can do on their own. And of course, there has been some innovation in the design.

As far as everything else, I seem to be able to anticipate trends and then lock on as a consultant somewhere before that field is really saturated. Or becoming a resource to the people who surround me, like your friend did.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

This tho creates many questions. For example if an NF is successful in the business world and one doesnt know jack about him, one could assume he is ENTJ cause he corresponds to the rolemodel.

What I am meaning is, type theory should be limited to your own self and personality. If it crosses the borders to the real world it gets blurry
    So are you saying we shouldn't type other people too much?

Probably because they are very good at making a well though through plan and them implementing it - agressively if needs be - there also very strategic with there Ni and capable of "playing the game" very well with - Te-Se. They can dominate and progress strategically while still being aware of the wider options and possibilities and of looking and acting like they "should".
    Te? Se? When are these generalizations going to stop?

Having a large ego is necessary to make money now?
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

So are you saying we shouldn't type other people too much?
    That's a different topic that would need a lot more discussion but: yes by all means.

One should always get to know people as they come and not have a type in mind when interacting. And I cant tell myself free from that aswell and its a thing that sometimes has influenced my ability to get to know new people in a bad way.

In that sense you can create a form of subjectivity towards people that will always be there, dont get me wrong. But I like do think about people in my own words and not by predefined mbti stereotypes.

The end of all hope in that department would be, when the mbti stereotypes start to do all the thinking for you with people you meet.

Know what I mean ?

That's a different topic that would need a lot more discussion but: yes by all means.

One should always get to know people as they come and not have a type in mind when interacting. And I cant tell myself free from that aswell and its a thing that sometimes has influenced my ability to get to know new people in a bad way.

In that sense you can create a form of subjectivity towards people that will always be there, dont get me wrong. But I like do think about people in my own words and not by predefined mbti stereotypes.

The end of all hope in that department would be, when the mbti stereotypes start to do all the thinking for you with people you meet.

Know what I mean ?
    According to the sterotypes here, you must be a J and have a very large ego to make shitloads of money.

I am going to prove this sterotype wrong.

For every P that feels hopeless making to the billionare's club, read Softwar:An Intimate Potrait of Larry Ellison. Larry Ellison is about the most P billionare I have ever known after richard branson.

I've been hearing all these BS about Introverts can't be Billionares. And Ps don't work hard enough to make money. And later it turn into an XNTJ worship thread.

If you want to worship someone, worship yourself.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    According to the sterotypes here, you must be a J and have a very large ego to make shitloads of money.

I am going to prove this sterotype wrong.

For every P that feels hopeless making to the billionare's club, read Softwar:An Intimate Potrait of Larry Ellison. Larry Ellison is about the most P billionare I have ever known after richard branson.
    That's the spirit I can fall in love with