User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Interesting comments. I think it's important to make the distinction between fantasizing and "having vision". I agree with you that at some point the daydreamers have to "get to work" in the concrete world rather than just fantasize all day. That's very important if one wants to make progress. But, I also see a lot of N types as visionaries - including ENTJ's. I think it's important to see it in your mind's eye before you do it. The ESTJ's might disagree with this (they tend to dive right in), but the ENTJ's and other N's have a vision of what they would like to accomplish.
    Agreed. There's nothing wrong with building castles in the sky. Afterward, all you have to do is lay its foundations. Not only does it make it easier to stand the grind of daily work and life, I find it absolutely necessary to get anywhere beyond the need to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post

J-P divide: I think it's mostly relevant when somebody is EXTREMELY P. If you're immensely P then you're not likely to hold a job, project, etc. for a long time, and that can cut you off from any higher earnings potential. However, for "average" Ps there shouldn't be big problems.
    Woah, Woah, I think you are confusing something. What does holding a job have to do with getting rich. From my understanding, rich people don't work and just collect money. So stop shoving your BS standards with us.

And I am extremely P. I have seen extreme Ps who made to extreme wealth. Markus Frind for one.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    Woah, Woah, I think you are confusing something. What does holding a job have to do with getting rich. From my understanding, rich people don't work and just collect money. So stop shoving your BS standards with us.
    You're stupid. A population that ON AVERAGE cannot hold a job or complete a project is unlikely to get rich as a whole. You've shown multiple times to have zero understanding of economics-finance, go read something.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    You're stupid. A population that ON AVERAGE cannot hold a job or complete a project is unlikely to get rich as a whole. You've shown multiple times to have zero understanding of economics-finance, go read something.
    Aww thanks.

Your above post is complete BS. You are saying Ps are less likely to get rich than Js in a politically correct manner because Ps lack work ethnic.

And what right do you have to call me stupid. Have you made it into the forbes list and is a billionare now? Are you the richest member of this forum?
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    Aww thanks.

Your above post is complete BS. You are saying Ps are less likely to get rich than Js in a politically correct manner because Ps lack work ethnic.

And what right do you have to call me stupid. Have you made it into the forbes list and is a billionare now? Are you the richest member of this forum?
    I said EXTREME Ps. Do you understand that? I explicity said that Ps in the normal P range shouldn't have any trouble. Got it?
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

The types that make the most money are the ones that care the most about making money. The other types don't necessarily lack the ability to make money, but they don't have the same level of desire.

ENTP the lowest? I know some VERY successful ENTP's. 4 of them to be exact. What am I missing? You guys are the so-called "entrepreneurs" of typology.
    ENTP probably has the highest variance when it comes to making money. There are probably a lot of ENTP millionaires out there. But for every one of them there are a many more that either live in their parent's basement or in a van down by the river.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    The types that make the most money are the ones that care the most about making money.
    That first sentence is brilliant . And I pointed that out now because I think to hold your mbti type responsible for how much money you earn, cant really work at all.

It is tempting to think that maybe an assertive ET can earn more in the buziness world than a humble IT, but is that really necessary for onself to be known ?

I think its dangerous if you set yourself in the business world such high goals from the start, like "I am an INTP, I will never make money" or "I am an ENTJ I am gonna be on forbes magazine". For an INTP it can result in never trieing anything out, because he can justify his failure in the business world with "I am an INTP, I always suck".

Or the ENTJ that didnt made it on Forbes magazine; he has himself bombarded with so many stereotypes that he could be totally broke by the day he gets 50 years old and is still poor.

What I want to say is that there is more to being sucessful than having talent for it or not. Oliver Kahn a very sucessful german goalkeeper in soccer once said that he has seen many people who got talent over the course of his career, but most of them never made it cause they didnt worked to become better. To say which type is more likely to become rich isnt really possible, like one cant say which type is better with girls.

You can for example have the luck to be born in a place where many girls live that like you and then can after 20 years of your life think you're a playboy, while at another place at another time this could have turned out completly different.

So what I am saying here is, one shouldnt abandon oneself from the start or think from the start his talents are so big he cant become anything else but rich. Becoming successful in the bizness world involves for every person hard work and a bit of luck. Some people have more luck than they do hard work and with some its vice versa.

But to really say that you are successful is in my opinion possible the first time, when you really are.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

To be fair though entropie there are types who are more likely to earn more money. Just like there are types more likely to be good with girls - ESTP comes to mind.

All types can make lots of money but some types are likely to better at doing it in certains ways than others. For example Its likely - but not certain - that an INF has a better chance than an ESTJ of getting rich writting romantic novels but in a large corperate company it likely the reverse is true.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by CJ99 View Post
    To be fair though entropie there are types who are more likely to earn more money. Just like there are types more likely to be good with girls - ESTP comes to mind.

All types can make lots of money but some types are likely to better at doing it in certains ways than others. For example Its likely - but not certain - that an INF has a better chance than an ESTJ of getting rich writting romantic novels but in a large corperate company it likely the reverse is true.
    Yes, I agree. In theory that all sounds nice, I just cant find so far for me any reasonable proof why an entj for example should be more likely to climb up the corporate ladder.

To me that's a huge assumption for the type that can confuse people. Because for example why cant an ENTJ be good at becoming a gardener ?

I am just saying as romantic as this whole mbti theory is, it must leave more room for options or it can narrow down ones mind in a corner full of stereotypes.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

ENTP's - if I consider their entire adult working lives, it is somewhat up and down financially. There are periods where they do very well and periods where they perhaps lose interest in a business venture or the corporate world and their finances might suffer. When they do well, however, they do considerably well.
    Oh goodness, yes. I'm a pretty extreme earner. I was making a ridiculous sum just barely out of my teens and then got bored and gave it all up to travel and be free, then did it again in early 20s. Rinse and repeat and repeat and repeat...

ESTJ's - seem to do very well financially and be very dedicated to their careers, but the earnings are not usually up there with ENTJ's. The ESTJ's I know are supervisors, managers, and small business owners - and the ones that own small businesses aren't willing to expand their businesses. They prefer to keep them small and manageable and that limits income somewhat.
    My ESTJ friends look for manageable security and stay at whatever level they feel comfortable at. Can't blame 'em.

ESTP's/ISTP's - I don't know enough of these to really summarize it, other than to say that they do fairly well and have the potential to earn well in their careers.
    ESTPs are like me, too. But I noticed that once they start having responsibilities, they work harder at stability than I do. I've seen ESTPs stay in jobs for years past the expiration date just to make sure their families are fed. Whereas, I would take the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by purplesunset View Post
    What am I talking about?

Well, making money can potentially involve

- sucking it up and doing what is required of you (whatever the "it" might be. It could mean enduring extreme unhappiness with your job)

- doing a routine, mind-numbing job

- facing harsh reality.

- taking orders from higher ups and keeping your mouth shut even when something is against your ideals

- acting mature according to the world's standards (i.e. no more diablo 2, no more medieval reenactment fairs)
    You forgot one:

-being able to crush people with no remorse because you know it's just business.

Honestly though, I think that if I kept my mouth shut and played the game, I would have a stable career instead of earning potential. I got ahead by pushing and being aggressive with whatever pet project amused me at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Ever notice how like 90% of drug dealers are STPs?

And you mentioned somewhere in this thread that ENTPs don't earn as much:

# In national sample, among those types most dissatisfied with their work and among those with the highest income.
    ENTP Personality Type

Quote Originally Posted by highlander29 View Post
    I have no facts to back it up but believe that ESTPs and ENTPs would be particularly well suited to entrepreneurial ventures and if those ventures are successful, could be among those who really make an immense amount (and perhaps lose it too). They may bristle at the constraints and red tape within a large organization. I think Steve Jobs is an ENTP, for example.

EDIT: The other thing I thought of is that strategy and vision are important, but are nothing without execution, which is a TJ forte.
    Strategy, yes. Vision, oftentimes, no.