User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I hate to sound like an ass. And I try to be careful of too much self-confidence.

But look: I'm going to be successful. Why? Because it seems for some reason I just "get" things without much experience what-so-ever. And I like challenges- big ones- life tends to fit well in that category.

See,
    I really don't like people much at all- but I've found myself very successful without a lot of people involved. I have something against routines- and I'll have problems with procrastination, but- really- dawg, I got this shit.

I've always done things well I put effort into. To me, when a lot of people put effort into things, it seems they're trying to do something they know how to do best, which I do do, but I do more. I'll do something I've just learned like I've known it all my life. That's the most of anything I have I can call a "goal." I think goals set limitations- I'd rather set my sights to infinity and beyond.
    "Poor bastard. Wait 'till he sees the bats. "
    enneagram - 7/5/3

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by fill View Post
    I hate to sound like an ass. And I try to be careful of too much self-confidence.

But look: I'm going to be successful. Why? Because it seems for some reason I just "get" things without much experience what-so-ever. And I like challenges- big ones- life tends to fit well in that category.

See,
    I really don't like people much at all- but I've found myself very successful without a lot of people involved. I have something against routines- and I'll have problems with procrastination, but- really- dawg, I got this shit.

I've always done things well I put effort into. To me, when a lot of people put effort into things, it seems they're trying to do something they know how to do best, which I do do, but I do more. I'll do something I've just learned like I've known it all my life. That's the most of anything I have I can call a "goal." I think goals set limitations- I'd rather set my sights to infinity and beyond.
    lol

I remember when I thought this way. Life was a lot simpler then.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    lol

I remember when I thought this way. Life was a lot simpler then.
    Well fuck. I'm excited to what makes me fall on my ass.
    enneagram - 7/5/3

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Well fuck. I'm excited to what makes me fall on my ass.
    The main thing I learned from public school was that I was going to be really successful without trying. This worked for me through college, and then I realized that, despite all my past experiences, you actually have to try to get anywhere in real life.

Still working on that...but trust me, you can't bullshit your way into a successful career or a lot of money without trying. Unfortunately the N magic runs out and you're stuck actually having to learn things, study and work hard. It's a bitch, I know, but better to learn sooner than later.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

See,

I am hesitant to respond but find that I cannot restrain myself.

First, it's great you have confidence. It's also great that you master things quickly and can do things you haven't done before. Those are real strengths. I think everybody procrastinates - just on different things. There are ways around this, but it is difficult to do without the help of others. If you don't like people much and think you can do it on your own, and if you don't have more concrete goals, I think you'll have a hard time of it.

Edit: Unless you have a job taking care of animals, but even then you're likely to have customers that own them.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

yeah well, Fs do better in school, so it's just completely fair that Ts do better in their careers

anyway I haven't observed many types through their careers, since I'm young. I see that my ISFJ girlfriend is a bit too responsible and risk-averse to earn a lot of money for example, even tho she's really smart. Same for an ENFP friend, her work performance can be affected by mood swings, which probably on the long run might also result in impulsive decisions, dunno.

J-P divide: I think it's mostly relevant when somebody is EXTREMELY P. If you're immensely P then you're not likely to hold a job, project, etc. for a long time, and that can cut you off from any higher earnings potential. However, for "average" Ps there shouldn't be big problems.

Personally I always aimed since I was a kid at having a job with high hourly wage and nonfixed schedule, so that I could maximize my free time in good weather days and maximize my work schedule when I dont' have anything else to do. Other people probably didn't start thinking about this so early, that could be one reason why ENTJs end up so well: thinking more about your long-term career prospects.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    yeah well, Fs do better in school, so it's just completely fair that Ts do better in their careers
    I don't think how well we do in school has to do with T/F. I think it's much more dependent on P/J. Most Js I know are good students, and most Ps have significantly more trouble dealing with rigorously scheduled/structured education (although some get through it.)

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I don't think how well we do in school has to do with T/F. I think it's much more dependent on P/J. Most Js I know are good students, and most Ps have significantly more trouble dealing with rigorously scheduled/structured education (although some get through it.)
    Idk...every F girl I know have been able to get slightly better grades than me after I taught them the subject (lol). That's how I formed my opinion...but all those girls were FJ, it could be different for FPs. In fact, they were all ISFJs.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    YaYa

The main thing I learned from public school was that I was going to be really successful without trying. This worked for me through college, and then I realized that, despite all my past experiences, you actually have to try to get anywhere in real life.

Still working on that...but trust me, you can't bullshit your way into a successful career or a lot of money without trying. Unfortunately the N magic runs out and you're stuck actually having to learn things, study and work hard. It's a bitch, I know, but better to learn sooner than later.
    SW has it down for INTP also. We can easily kick ass in school. But in the real world, conforming to norms to achieve doesn't get us much past basic subsistence.

I think the key is to partner with a an SJ that can keep us on track. I always imagined if I hired an assistant, I'd make sure she was SJ. Maybe even xSFJ so I wouldn't have to deal with people I don't want to.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by highlander29 View Post
    There are ways around this, but it is difficult to do without the help of others. If you don't like people much and think you can do it on your own, and if you don't have more concrete goals, I think you'll have a hard time of it.
    I once found myself destined to create films. Then I realized the entire industry revolved around the sad subjectivity of people. This is what I'm talking about. I have little feeling when it comes to dealing with people. I don't treat them any better or worse than I treat myself. And I'm not a mean person- I just find myself interacting with them as little as possible.

You could say that's a bad thing- but my current job almost permits it. One part of it, yes, is support- but I have no trouble with it because, as sick as it sounds, I like to be acknowledged as knowing a great deal about something and being relied upon for it. But, I in no way would ever work at a summer camp, as a secretary, a customer support line, a retail store, a fast food restaurant, a restaurant (unless I'm running it), etc. Before responding to this, read below:

And I agree. I feel my words have been a bit misinterpreted. I love challenges. Big challenges at that. I think my procrastination comes from putting off things things I find small and insignificant, which I find a lot of things to fit this model, especially daily life. But things I am fascinated by I see as significant, which includes buildings and creating them. Hence my focus on architecture. Which is something you really can't bullshit your way through and is appealing because of it.

And I do have a very general goal of what I want to do with my life; but I'm pretty okay if it changes. We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. Joseph Campbell
    enneagram - 7/5/3