User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Ever notice how like 90% of drug dealers are STPs?
    How would you even gather that statistic?
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    How would you even gather that statistic?
    Psychic powers, duh

btw, to answer the OP:

It's Te and Se that seem to great at making money, not Ti. NTJs and STJs are among the highest earners, along with ESTPs, but NTPs not so much. I remember a while ago somebody posted some statistics on average income and both NTP types were near the bottom (I think ENTP was the absolute lowest!) But ENTJ, ESTJ and ESTP were all right at the top.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by purplesunset View Post
    Ah, there is much to be said on this topic. I wonder if there is an inverse relationship between how capable a type is of fantasizing and how much money they end up making.

What am I talking about?

Well, making money can potentially involve

- sucking it up and doing what is required of you (whatever the "it" might be. It could mean enduring extreme unhappiness with your job)

- doing a routine, mind-numbing job

- facing harsh reality.

- taking orders from higher ups and keeping your mouth shut even when something is against your ideals

- acting mature according to the world's standards (i.e. no more diablo 2, no more medieval reenactment fairs)

Well, INFP's are basically doomed at the starting line because they are probably the most fantasizing type. I would imagine F's in general might be less likely to do something that disagrees with their ethics even though logically it might be wise to so in order to make more money.

INTP's strike me as being the most fantasizing type among the thinkers and aren't much better off than their INFP cousins in this regard. I know that INTP's, no matter how brilliant, can slack off with the best (or worst) of them. This would make us have a much harder time doing something on the above list just to make money.

I think it all comes down to what the world requires of you in order to make money. Certain types just have a much harder time sucking it up,and compromising their inner cores to do the grind it takes to make money (at least in the traditional, working hard to climb the corporate ladder way)

So I don't really see it as a question of capability, but more a question of how much of your inner core are you willing to compromise to make money. If your inner core involves fantasies, and you're not writer, artist, or game developer (lucky bastards ! grrr), then it's going to be that much harder for you to compete in the traditional rat race with those types who don't have as rich an inner world.
    Interesting comments. I think it's important to make the distinction between fantasizing and "having vision". I agree with you that at some point the daydreamers have to "get to work" in the concrete world rather than just fantasize all day. That's very important if one wants to make progress. But, I also see a lot of N types as visionaries - including ENTJ's. I think it's important to see it in your mind's eye before you do it. The ESTJ's might disagree with this (they tend to dive right in), but the ENTJ's and other N's have a vision of what they would like to accomplish.

Enneagram
    4w5

Psychic powers, duh

btw, to answer the OP:

It's Te and Se that seem to great at making money, not Ti. NTJs and STJs are among the highest earners, along with ESTPs, but NTPs not so much. I remember a while ago somebody posted some statistics on average income and both NTP types were near the bottom (I think ENTP was the absolute lowest!) But ENTJ, ESTJ and ESTP were all right at the top.

Which sort of supports what I said above about there being an inverse relationship between the type's ability to fantasize and making money. Ti+Ne, just like Fi+Ne is capable of great flights of fancy.

It is harder to compete with Se+Te in their domain. Or, to put it another way, it hurts us more than it hurts them to do the sacrifices it takes since they're not so caught up in their inner world.
    The purple sun won't heal my purple bruises :ouch:

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Psychic powers, duh

btw, to answer the OP:

ENTP the lowest? I know some VERY successful ENTP's. 4 of them to be exact. What am I missing? You guys are the so-called "entrepreneurs" of typology.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    ENTP the lowest? I know some VERY successful ENTP's. 4 of them to be exact. What am I missing? You guys are the so-called "entrepreneurs" of typology.
    Yeah but most of us are more interested in our pet projects than we are in making money. If our pet projects happen to make money, then great, but that's not the case for most of us.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Yeah but most of us are more interested in our pet projects than we are in making money. If our pet projects happen to make money, then great, but that's not the case for most of us.
    Do you feel that you could make a lot of money (pretty well above average or higher) if you wanted to? If so, what would it require? Would you feel that you were "selling out" to the corporate world or the powers that be? Or maybe just more dedication and less daydreaming/pet projects?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

As you go up the ladder in organizations, TJ becomes overwhelmingly dominant, so that is one reason they make more. I believe this likely due to their strong organizational skills and them being very outcomes/results focused. ISTJs and INTJs are represented in upper management ranks in a much higher percentage when compared to the proportion of them in the overall population. For example, it something like 15% of the executive suite is INTJs and 35% is ISTJ.

Depending on the occupation, INTPs can do extremely well financially too. I know several who are making quite good money. The I ones know that do well are entrepreneurial, articulate, adaptable, efficient, and operate with impressive interpersonal finesse.

I have no facts to back it up but believe that ESTPs and ENTPs would be particularly well suited to entrepreneurial ventures and if those ventures are successful, could be among those who really make an immense amount (and perhaps lose it too). They may bristle at the constraints and red tape within a large organization. I think Steve Jobs is an ENTP, for example.

EDIT: The other thing I thought of is that strategy and vision are important, but are nothing without execution, which is a TJ forte.

Quote Originally Posted by avolkiteshvara View Post
    Bill gates is xNTJ

Sorry to break it to you, but as INTP, you'll be poor forever. Alternatively, we are pretty good at RPG.
    The internet will destroy Bill Gates' wealth.

From now on i will be an INTP and I am going to prove you are wrong.

To say Ps have no chance of amassing huge wealth is BS. You can shove the words you said to the grave.

PlentyofFish

The owner of Plenty of Fish, Markus Frind, a dating site, is an INTP.
    He was an extreme introvert and a big slacker based on an interview from Inc. magazine.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Do you feel that you could make a lot of money (pretty well above average or higher) if you wanted to? If so, what would it require? Would you feel that you were "selling out" to the corporate world or the powers that be? Or maybe just more dedication and less daydreaming/pet projects?
    I don't think most ENTPs would care about the ethical implications of "selling out." For me, at least, the whole problem is boredom and being required to stick to consistent schedules--that is why I have a problem with 9-5 jobs. I need freedom to work at my own pace and I'm never motivated to do anything if it's boring.

If an ENTP happens to really enjoy doing some really profitable job, he will make tons of money. The problem is most of us have trouble aligning our interests with profitable corporate jobs.