User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

Results 121 to 130 of 152

  1. #121
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmileyMan View Post
    [

    Spoke like an ignorant bloke, at a guess....


    Technically speaking the population ought to be evenly represented trhoguh out management teirs... in reality it doens't equate but it doenst' skew too much in larger organisations... SME businesses are different, but lots of SMEs are run by people who can't work with people hence they work for themselves.

    Hence if it worked the same as a rep pop (which I am not sayign it would), you'd get 55% SJ, c.20 SP, 15% NF's and c.10% NTs....

    Boards in very large orgs my experince are usually around 50% SJ....

  2. #122
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    I would pay the person $100 dollars if that person tells simulatedworld to STFU.




    And here's the look of the "ENTJ" you speak of.
    So you're implying that ENTJs can't look nerdy?

    OH MY GOD WHEN WILL THE BS GENERALIZATIONS END???? I FOUND ONE COUNTEREXAMPLE SO YOUR POINT IS RUINED!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  3. #123
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    I would pay the person $100 dollars if that person tells simulatedworld to STFU.




    And here's the look of the "ENTJ" you speak of.
    Simulatedworld, stfu.

    I hope your $1 a day salary can over the 100 bucks you owe me now.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  4. #124
    pathwise dependent FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj
    Posts
    5,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    NT's typically seem to do financially disproprtionately well, but SJ's merely by beign the biggest population ought to be getting higher scores.... ie SJ's are 55% of the population, therefore ought to be 55% of board possitions.[/url]
    Well but that's the average for each type in a given population. If 55% of the members of each board are SJs (which doesn't have to be true...why do you think so?), yet if the ratio upper management SJ / total SJ is lower than the ratio of, say, upper management NP / total NP, NPs could still on average do much better, since both incomes will be normalized by the numerosity of each sub-sample.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

  5. #125
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Well but that's the average for each type in a given population. If 55% of the members of each board are SJs (which doesn't have to be true...why do you think so?), yet if the ratio upper management SJ / total SJ is lower than the ratio of, say, upper management NP / total NP, NPs could still on average do much better, since both incomes will be normalized by the numerosity of each sub-sample.
    Because so far no one on these forums has actually produce reliable evidence to prove that any specific MBTI excells above and beyond in income.... there are a lot of crap research with bad sampling and the MOST APPAULING misreading of the data... there is a whole thread on cleaverness - which is simply full of misinterpretation.

    In reality, at senior level in big firms it doens't seem to skew a huge amount from what I can see for a rep population.... slightly lower SJ, but not huge... But there is no evidence of that...

    The most we manage to squeeze out the last set of data someone posted a link too, is that N types were likely to be more gifted, but it would need to be statistically proven.

    So please, if you can find data to suggest that there will be a non representative spread of MBTI across different income band, which is reliable and doens't misreport the data, then we may have something to talk about, but until then I think it's plausable to think it's MBTI bull shit...

    (I do think there will be a small skew in reality but not massive).

    Ok 55% Normal pop of the UK is SJ (and I'm talking from memory so dont' quote me)....

    At average income one would expect a similar proportion of SJ's

    At senior levels ditto...55%.... there is nothing been produced to suggest MBTI skews income... nothing that has reliability/properly reported

  6. #126
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Hey guys, I have glasses (I don't usually wear them), so I guess I'm INTJ.

  7. #127
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaunward View Post
    Hey guys, I have glasses (I don't usually wear them), so I guess I'm INTJ.
    Everyone knows there's no such thing as nerdy ENTJs with glasses. DUH!
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  8. #128
    "Everything in its place" fill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    753
    Posts
    507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    It's not really my problem if Cloud takes "Te and Se users tend to have value systems more conducive to making money than other types" personally because he erroneously takes this as an implication that it's totally impossible for other types (namely INTPs, which he kept harping on) to make money. It's quite apparent that that's not the case and that nobody said it was, so he should probably quit crying about it and learn to take generalized statements in a generalized context. This is really not that hard.
    I... really don't care who here's correct- or if there's a clear definition of correct in this instance; therefore, I suggest everyone exercise their apathetic dexterity.
    "Poor bastard. Wait 'till he sees the bats. "
    enneagram - 7/5/3

  9. #129
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fill View Post
    I... really don't care who here's correct- or if there's a clear definition of correct in this instance; therefore, I suggest everyone exercise their apathetic dexterity.
    I'm enthusiastically apathetic.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  10. #130
    Priestess Of Syrinx Katsuni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?
    Posts
    1,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fill View Post
    I... really don't care who here's correct- or if there's a clear definition of correct in this instance; therefore, I suggest everyone exercise their apathetic dexterity.
    This quote tends to sum up my views on this matter, and most others, quite nicely.

    Quote Originally Posted by Garfield
    I'm not apathetic; I'm lethargic. Apathetic people don't care. Lethargic people care, we just don't do anything about it.

Similar Threads

  1. [NT] NT's and Love?
    By Mondo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 08-03-2008, 01:36 AM
  2. [NT] NT's and fluffy clouds :o)
    By labyrinthine in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 01-31-2008, 12:18 PM
  3. Odd idea about (some) NT's and NF's.
    By Athenian200 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-13-2008, 11:16 PM
  4. [NT] NT's and cheating
    By GirlAmerica in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-20-2007, 09:37 PM
  5. [NT] The NT Rationale and Rightness
    By Spartan in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-20-2007, 05:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO