User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Thoughts? Observations of your own?
    Good summary with good observations.

ENTXs rule the world. but ENTPs like you say bob up and down a lot more than ENTJs, who tend to have more career stability.

ESTPs are probably next because they make good impressions. But they hit a sensor ceiling. Their strategic skills are weak, but they're the best at communicating technical details.

INTJs can be a mixed bag. Bill Gates and John D Rockefeller on one hand, but also some quiet middle managers on the other. Excellent strategic skills, but many are not natural leaders the way ENTXs are.

STJs keep things running, but they're the overpromoted CEO or COO that can't make a strategic decision, and can't make the same strong impression as an ESTP. I've seen very intelligent ESTJs get stuck in middle management, with no clue how to break out.

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Nah, you're thinking of your ENTJ cousins. ENTPs are bums.

Highest Average Annual Household Income
    (From highest to lowest)

1. ENTJ (84,434)
    2. ESTJ (76,238)
    3. ESFJ (74,882)
    4. INTJ (72,043)
    5. ENFJ (71,060)
    6. ISTJ (71,020)
    7. ESTP (69,323)
    8. ISTP (67,349)
    9. ENFP (66,210)
    10. INTP (64,872)
    11. INFJ (64,372)
    12. ISFP (64,166)
    13. ISFJ (63,870)
    14. ESFP (63,281)
    15. ENTP (62,960)
    16. INFP (61,565)

Highest Education Level
    (From highest to lowest)
    The scale used to compute these statistics is from 1 to 6, with 1 being lowest (did not graduate high school) and 6 being highest (PhD or equivalent).

1. ENTJ (4.12)
    2. INTJ (3.93)
    3. ESTJ (3.83)
    4. ISTJ (3.78)
    5. ESTP (3.73)
    6. INFJ (3.72)
    7. ENFP (3.69)
    8. INTP (3.69)
    9. INFP (3.67)
    10. ESFP (3.63)
    11. ENFJ (3.60)
    12. ESFJ (3.62)
    13. ISTP (3.59)
    14. ISFJ (3.58)
    15. ENTP (3.54)
    16. ISFP (3.52)
    My salary is $1 a day, and my job is washing dishes and picking up trash.
    So your statistics is completely wrong.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

It's true.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    It's true.
    I would pay the person $100 dollars if that person tells simulatedworld to STFU.

And here's the look of the "ENTJ" you speak of.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    The thing is that I have no way to interpret this - how many people were questioned? What region of the world, or country, were these participants taken from? Did all these people live in the same area, with the same cost of living taken into consideration? Etc... These numbers really mean nothing on their own. Where is the raw data?
    Yeahhh yeah, think of any reason possible to dismiss it... Assuming it had sound methodology and a large enough sample size, there's probably some truth to it. Anecdotally it kind of checks out with the types I know and their income/education. I'd like to see the raw data though too.

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    That being said, I - as a person - made more money than the "average" ENTJ household last year.
    ENTPs can be slackers, but sometimes they just really get their hustle on if they find their niche... usually not in academia.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Yeahhh yeah, think of any reason to dismiss the study. Assuming it had sound methodology and a large enough sample size, there's probably some truth to it. Anecdotally it kind of checks out with the types I know and their income/education. I'd like to see the raw data though too.

ENTPs can be slackers, but sometimes they just really get their hustle on if they find their niche... usually not in academia.
    Well, in terms of the data you don't really get any kind of information on the ranges. For example, I can imagine that the range of income for ENTPs to be quite vast: the bums are bummier and the non-bums on average more successful than some types if you zoom in on a different data range.

Kind of like how women show less variance on the IQ spectrum, but the averages are more or less the same.

EDIT: But I'm one of those people that don't think "teh rulez" and "average" don't really apply to me.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Well, in terms of the data you don't really get any kind of information on the ranges. For example, I can imagine that the range of income for ENTPs to be quite vast: the bums are bummier and the non-bums on average more successful than some types if you zoom in on a different data range.

Kind of like how women show less variance on the IQ spectrum, but the averages are more or less the same.

EDIT: But I'm one of those people that don't think "teh rulez" and "average" don't really apply to me.
    Yeah I could see there being high disparity between ENTP incomes. That's kinda how Ne goes too; it's not always diligent and most of the hidden meanings and multiple possibilities it extrapolates are completely unprofitable and not incredibly useful. But sometimes it hits on gold.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Note that this statistic is for household income and not personal income. For example in my household I know that my personal income is above the median while our household income is below the median. This is because my wife stays at home. However with other ENTP's I think it would be more common for them to not get married at all. This would give them a lower household income.
    Yay for statistics, and how they don't really actually MEAN anything...

Ugh, hate statistics and graphs and such. They can be bent and twisted so many ways...

Whot's the sample size? How many of these 'households' had multiple contributors? Whot were the additional contributor's types? Was it an even 50/50 male/female split of all polled? Are they only using absolute solid evidence or is there a shadowfigure being referenced as well? Etc etc etc ad nausium.

In short, a list of numbers means nothing, especially not this particular list as it's too vague to really mean anything honestly.

That being said, certain types *WILL* be more likely to get paid more on average... some types may not have much desire for material possessions and won't often bother with a career that pays well but has no time to self or lacks creativity. Another may be prone to positions of management and, by association, will tend to get paid more as well for doing so.

There's really weird ones too like the ENTP, who tends to get paid very well, but also tends to bounce between jobs alot and makes several drastic career changes throughout their lives in most cases, so an ENTP on that list, for example, may have been not working that year at all, but the previous year they'd made more than anyone else.

So really, the statistics shown there are meaningless due to a severe lack of data, and that it's contaminated from the start due to having "household" information rather than singular. Seriously, whot is an "intj household"? Every single person in it is an INTJ? One person is? Everyone making money is? The person who took the poll is? How do we know that INTJ isn't just lazy (doubtful but never know) and happens to be married to someone who's rich?

Type does still play a factor, but that information posted there is doubtfully accurate in any way shape or form.

MBTI
    ENTP

Highest Average Annual Household Income
    (From highest to lowest)

1. ENTJ (84,434)
    2. ESTJ (76,238)
    3. ESFJ (74,882)
    4. INTJ (72,043)
    5. ENFJ (71,060)
    6. ISTJ (71,020)
    7. ESTP (69,323)
    8. ISTP (67,349)
    9. ENFP (66,210)
    10. INTP (64,872)
    11. INFJ (64,372)
    12. ISFP (64,166)
    13. ISFJ (63,870)
    14. ESFP (63,281)
    15. ENTP (62,960)
    16. INFP (61,565)

Highest Education Level
    (From highest to lowest)
    The scale used to compute these statistics is from 1 to 6, with 1 being lowest (did not graduate high school) and 6 being highest (PhD or equivalent).

1. ENTJ (4.12)
    2. INTJ (3.93)
    3. ESTJ (3.83)
    4. ISTJ (3.78)
    5. ESTP (3.73)
    6. INFJ (3.72)
    7. ENFP (3.69)
    8. INTP (3.69)
    9. INFP (3.67)
    10. ESFP (3.63)
    11. ENFJ (3.60)
    12. ESFJ (3.62)
    13. ISTP (3.59)
    14. ISFJ (3.58)
    15. ENTP (3.54)
    16. ISFP (3.52)
    Sorry not buying (what is the sample representing, certain MBTI will have couples and you'd need both pairing to represent),

NT's typically seem to do financially disproprtionately well, but SJ's merely by beign the biggest population ought to be getting higher scores.... ie SJ's are 55% of the population, therefore ought to be 55% of board possitions.

There are many fairly poor surveys been posted as evidence of MBTI thinking but they fall over really easily when you realise what they actually do say

Houshold income can't represent an MBTI type (its an individual).

Education levels don't reall equate to much, many ENTPs self educate.

This will be skewed to this site
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-category.html

FigerPuppet

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    ie SJ's are 55% of the population, therefore ought to be 55% of board possitions.