User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Like most ENTP's I have no difficulty making money, and never had, I've been working since I was about 11 (partime in family businesses until I was 17 or so).

My income goes up and down depending on if I'm between jobs or not. When I get fed up, I tend to resign without something to go too.... a bad habit I need to get over.

I make good money these days, but then I do feel like I have worked for it, and deprived myself of other things in order to excel. I tend to feel a little unbalanced toward work at times... get too invovled/sulked in.

I need to work at balancing my profesional life with my recreational life.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    If you want to know the truth, you should go find out and make an investigation. Gather evidence that supports what you think, rather than making empty generalizations and believe what other people are saying. Evidence can come from many sources, such as from books you read, real life experiences and observations, and interviews with famous people or what they said in public, or learning about that person's life.

Claims and generalizations without valid support is BS.
    In that case, my personal observations of real people are my evidence. It's obvious if you think about the things Te and Se users tend to do well, and in my experience the wealthiest people I've met tend to be xxTJ or xSTP.

For some reason you assumed that this means nobody else can make money, but I didn't say that. I said that the skills associated with strong Te and strong Se tend to be more profitable in a capitalist economy than do other functions--this is not a bullshit generalization; it follows quite apparently from just thinking a little bit about what skills the corporate profit system tends to reward.

Obviously Fi is not a particularly profitable skill. That doesn't mean it's somehow lesser than Te, just that the structure of the global economy rewards Te's skills with more money more often. This doesn't mean there are rich or successful Fi users, just that Te and Se on average tend to generate more material wealth.

It's kind of ridiculous that I had to bother explaining that.

This is not based on believing what other people say; it's based on listening to the rhetoric rich people use and the philosophies they promote and realizing that Te and Se align more closely with these philosophies than most of the other functions. You seem so personally offended by the suggestion that your type isn't one of the richest that you're completely shut off from the idea that hey, maybe some types really do tend to make more money than others, and that this isn't that hard to discern from thinking about the functions and the value systems they represent and looking at how that relates to the way the global economy is structured.

Of course there are rich and successful INTPs, but that doesn't negate the fact that NTJs and STPs tend to have philosophies that hold making money and the things important to making money in higher regard. It doesn't mean they're smarter; it's just a trend. Get over it.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

This thread is full of Ne fail. Shouldn't we be processing each other's views along with our own objectively?

simulatedworld, I can see where your'e coming from, but I think the amount of money earned has to do more with the mentality of the person than their set of functions; I do, however, think there may be some correlation between the two, though.

Also, it highly depends on what field of work you're referring to. Wouldn't an F user have a greater advantage in working in sales if they really know how to treat people well? Or an Si user has the capability to do loads of work that may seem tedious with ease?
    "Poor bastard. Wait 'till he sees the bats. "
    enneagram - 7/5/3

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    In that case, my personal observations of real people are my evidence. It's obvious if you think about the things Te and Se users tend to do well, and in my experience the wealthiest people I've met tend to be xxTJ or xSTP.

For some reason you assumed that this means nobody else can make money, but I didn't say that. I said that the skills associated with strong Te and strong Se tend to be more profitable in a capitalist economy than do other functions--this is not a bullshit generalization; it follows quite apparently from just thinking a little bit about what skills the corporate profit system tends to reward.

Obviously Fi is not a particularly profitable skill. That doesn't mean it's somehow lesser than Te, just that the structure of the global economy rewards Te's skills with more money more often. This doesn't mean there are rich or successful Fi users, just that Te and Se on average tend to generate more material wealth.

It's kind of ridiculous that I had to bother explaining that.

This is not based on believing what other people say; it's based on listening to the rhetoric rich people use and the philosophies they promote and realizing that Te and Se align more closely with these philosophies than most of the other functions. You seem so personally offended by the suggestion that your type isn't one of the richest that you're completely shut off from the idea that hey, maybe some types really do tend to make more money than others, and that this isn't that hard to discern from thinking about the functions and the value systems they represent and looking at how that relates to the way the global economy is structured.

Of course there are rich and successful INTPs, but that doesn't negate the fact that NTJs and STPs tend to have philosophies that hold making money and the things important to making money in higher regard. It doesn't mean they're smarter; it's just a trend. Get over it.
    Sounds pretty straight-forward and reasonable to me. I'm not sure what's so difficult to understand about this.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I am going to be a bajillionaire.

Just wait and see.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by fill View Post
    simulatedworld, I can see where your'e coming from, but I think the amount of money earned has to do more with the mentality of the person than their set of functions; I do, however, think there may be some correlation between the two, though.
    That's why he said that certain types tend to make more money - because it's not a given and because the tendencies can't account for individual motivation.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    I am going to be a bajillionaire.

Just wait and see.
    Nope. Only ISFJ's have the right set of functions to become bajillionaires. How do I know?

1. The books I read told me so.
    2. An ISTJ colleague showed me some cold, hard data that says that there has never been an ENTP bajillionaire, therefore, there probably never will be one.
    3. An INFJ colleague said that her intuition tells her that no ENTP will ever be a bajillionaire.

Sorry.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Nope. Only ISFJ's have the right set of functions to become bajillionaires. How do I know?

1. The books I read told me so.
    2. An ISTJ colleague showed me some cold, hard data that says that there has never been an ENTP bajillionaire, therefore, there probably never will be one.
    3. An INFJ colleague said that her intuition tells her that no ENTP will ever be a bajillionaire.

Sorry.
    Those are highly convincing arguments. However, I am not an ENTP.. ewww.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    Those are highly convincing arguments. However, I am not an ENTP.. ewww.
    Oh. Well, in that case I will have to consult my colleagues all over again. You might have a chance afterall. But probably not - because, like I said, only ISFJ's can become bajillionaires.

P.S. Why would ENTP be under your name. if. you. aren't. E. N. T. P. ? Just like to throw people off?

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Oh. Well, in that case I will have to consult my colleagues all over again. You might have a chance afterall. But probably not - because, like I said, only ISFJ's can become bajillionaires.
    Why ISFJs?!?! I am mindboggled.

P.S. Why would ENTP be under your name. if. you. aren't. E. N. T. P. ? Just like to throw people off?
    Why? Oh who knows.... the possibilities are endless! (amidoingitrite??)