• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT's, What hobbies do you have that others wouldn't expect?

Bri

MBTI Type
INTJ
Just as the title says, what hobbies do you have that don't seem like average, everyday NT hobbies?

For me, I'm quite fond of dancing. I'm particularly interested in raks sharki (belly dance) at the moment! It's incredibly beautiful and expressive! I've told a few of my coworkers that I occasionally take belly dance lessons, and I immediately get a sense of surprise from them. I think they expect that I only sit at home playing video games and reading fantasy novels. :alttongue: They are also incredibly surprised when they find out I was a cheerleader all through high school and part of college. What can I say, I'm a kinesthetic learner! My INTJ brother is very kinesthetically inclined as well!

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I took belly dancing for awhile and I'm looking to resume it now that I have more time. For me it was a cultural thing I grew up with but people find it shocking. It's great exercise as well so that's the reason I give. I also love to garden,cook, can stuff...real domestic-ness. People also find that odd.

Bri

MBTI Type
INTJ
I also love to garden,cook, can stuff...real domestic-ness. People also find that odd.
Nice! I want to learn to cook, by my frugality and perfectionist nature gets in my way... I loathe the idea of spending money for nice ingredients and then making something inedible. Did you have that problem at all? If you did, how did you get past it?

MBTI Type
INTJ
Cooking and baking are big hobbies for me too, and I think it's probably not an especially NT hobby.

I don't mind spending money on nice ingredients because it's kind of like a little added pressure to do it right and not waste them. Everything is more fun to me if it has a little challenge attached. Besides, once you get good you begin to appreciate the difference between meh ingredients and good ones, and then you find them worth the expense.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
+1 to cooking and dancing. I also get a kick out of going off on road-trip adventures, makin out, and shooting tin cans.

All hopelessly Se activites :D

Nice! I want to learn to cook, by my frugality and perfectionist nature gets in my way... I loathe the idea of spending money for nice ingredients and then making something inedible. Did you have that problem at all? If you did, how did you get past it?

Cook simple foods :)

Soups and stir-fry are a good place to start, if you put good ingredients in those you can't really go wrong.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

I'm also frugal when shopping. I have teen boys but I hate to waste money. I have always been a good cook and I learned at an early age. I've had mistakes and a few kitchen disasters but they are pretty rare. Just look for recipes you like, working up to the more complex things.

Bri

MBTI Type
INTJ
I enjoy the Theatre.

Yeah! My husband is an INTP and loved being in theatre in high school. I wish he still had the VHS tape of him in Guys and Dolls and A Midsummer Night's Dream, but alas...

I'm also frugal when shopping. I have teen boys but I hate to waste money. I have always been a good cook and I learned at an early age. I've had mistakes and a few kitchen disasters but they are pretty rare. Just look for recipes you like, working up to the more complex things.
I'll have to be a little more brave and finally give it a shot. :)

SUPER

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP
Getting on my bike on a nice day, listening to my iPod, and biking out to whereever i happen to end up... hows that for Ne dominant

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I made this:

sex1.jpg

The picture and the shirt... that's me too.

It's the word "sex" written in 10+ languages. :devil:

I have more, but that's for me to know and you to find out.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I love dancing, I mean, even at decently high level (solos and stuff, I used to be able to do the solo of The Swan Lake). I dropped the paid aspect of it but I still train, some people are shocked when they see I have a perfect sense of rythm. Mmm what else. I love going to the beach lol. I also like to paint, only some particular stuff tho...

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I love theatre stuff. And have started to enjoy dancing. I'm playing willard in fotloose now so I sort of need to learn to dance.
I'm also - for a young male student that is - not a bad cook!

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I love theatre, and though I'm not a dancer, per se, I love taking dance classes when I can afford to and have extra time. I'm thinking about asking if faculty can audition for the Spring musical--they're doing Once Upon a Mattress, and I have always wanted to play the Wicked Queen. I like to bake. I like to shoot at targets (but never at living things), and I'm good at it. I like working out. I like fashion, as long as it's not taken too seriously. I'm good at hair and makeup, and have given my friends haircuts and highlights.

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
When I played in a band, I did lead-guitar stage antics more akin to what an ESxP would do (ie. kneeslides, playing with teeth, licking the guitar neck, and some AC/DC antics).

I'm trying to get back into paintball.

I'm also developing my interest in poetry.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I am the only student of a nature science in theatre group at University :D. They promised me a big future but so far I only do arrange the stage setups *lol* :D.

I am very good at cooking and just learning baking bread and stuff.

I have the golden medal from dancing school my parents made me go to when I was 16. A traditional thing to do in Germany.

And tho I havent done this very often so far, I like gardening. Not much of it, cause it gets boring after a while, but since the day I can think I always got a flower in my room :D

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I once took a class in tango, because an ex thought it would be fun... I was better at it than he was :devil:

I like to cook, especially to bake!, gardening is quite fun and I tend to freeze some fruits and vegetables in the summer so that I can enjoy them the rest of the year and I think that roofing is fun (I did that quite a bit as a kid) :)

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
It seems all NTs like to dance and cook! scary!

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Count me in as one of those, I love dancing and cooking (though I hate cooking for just myself). Recently taken up baking, as well. I love finding new ingredients for old recipes to accommodate dietary restrictions of the recipient. I love gardening and knitting. I love working out and sports, especially tennis. And of course, playing music. I think my favorite past time, though is taking classes or learning independently - very NTish, I think. :smile: